Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5341 5342 [5343] 5344 5345 ... 8166

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9410852 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #80130 on: August 23, 2014, 09:18:29 am »

I hate it when I get a bad cold. I end up feeling like someone applied a cheesegrater to my lungs.
Read that as cheeseburger, WTFed.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #80131 on: August 23, 2014, 01:07:58 pm »

Still recovering from the surgery I had on Wednesday. I hate this splint I have to wear and my arm hurts a lot. It's worse than the actual condition I got surgery to fix...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #80132 on: August 23, 2014, 03:20:20 pm »

Still recovering from the surgery I had on Wednesday. I hate this splint I have to wear and my arm hurts a lot. It's worse than the actual condition I got surgery to fix...
I really wish you well Allee :x
Hopeful for the bones to heal. It'll take a bit long but...still wishing you well.
Don't mind the pain--it'll still be there and prod you, of course, but you could rather cheer your cells on and heal heal heal? :D

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80133 on: August 23, 2014, 03:28:54 pm »

* Sirus asks a local cleric to cast Cure Greater Wounds on AlleeCat
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80134 on: August 23, 2014, 04:48:44 pm »

I hate it when I get a bad cold. I end up feeling like someone applied a cheesegrater to my lungs.
Read that as cheeseburger, WTFed.

To be fair, a cheeseburger in your lungs probably wouldn't be all that pleasant either.

That sounds unpleasant, to say the least. Hopefully it gets better sooner rather than later. Should be fine so long as your doctor wasn't a quack.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #80135 on: August 23, 2014, 09:52:48 pm »

While hauling my guitar amplifier from my car in a relatively distant parking lot to my dorm, I walked with and made small talk with some random girl who was also walking through.

Small talk went ok. Can't help but think she noticed my struggling with my unwieldy and kinda heavy 30 watt amp. Shit got heavy on my arm real fast. It's, like, a ten minute walk from the dorm to the garage.

So that's embarrassing. I really should try and work out and get buff -or at least get in shape- to avoid embarrassments like that. But then working out would require me to go to the rec center...which is usually populated with lots of people...which is not something I enjoy...and that would also be embarrassing, because I'm a scrawny thin weak dude who hasn't used gym equipment since middle school.

Ho-hum. Awkward embarrassing moments errywhere. The only solution is to never go outside and avoid any and all possible embarrassments. But that's not really a solution at all.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #80136 on: August 23, 2014, 09:57:21 pm »

So, a friend was bad mouthing Doctor Who, so I wrote a sad doctor thingy to try to make him feel bad.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Would that do the job? It certainly made me feel sad writing it, but that's only 'cause I was thinking of the plight of humanity and other grim things.

Spehss_ Ninja: Maybe you could try jogging? Buy weights and use them at home? Swimming?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #80137 on: August 23, 2014, 09:59:08 pm »

this has got to be the saddest ven diagram i have ever seen

important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #80138 on: August 23, 2014, 10:06:49 pm »

My computer is just a little bit too weak to run Perfect Dark via 1964 and Bandicam at the same time at full speed, and the janky, jittery game audio is very distracting even at low volume underneath my voice. So, no Perfect Dark let's play until the far distant future when I have a decent computer. And PD is literally the only game I have all sorts of interesting things to share about, off the top of my head.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #80139 on: August 23, 2014, 10:07:53 pm »

My computer is just a little bit too weak to run Perfect Dark via 1964 and Bandicam at the same time at full speed, and the janky, jittery game audio is very distracting even at low volume underneath my voice. So, no Perfect Dark let's play until the far distant future when I have a decent computer. And PD is literally the only game I have all sorts of interesting things to share about, off the top of my head.
that is indeed sad
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #80140 on: August 23, 2014, 10:33:00 pm »

Spehss_ Ninja: Maybe you could try jogging? Buy weights and use them at home? Swimming?
Jogging doesn't work upper body muscles, or at least not arm muscles, as far as I'm aware. And considering the distances I'll have to walk regularly to go from dorm to classes back to dorm to garage and back, complete with all the stairs on my college campus, I doubt I'll need to jog to get a regular cardio and leg workout.

buying my own weights is probably out, as I don't have the money or anywhere to store them in the dorm. Got two ten pound dumbbells stored somewhere back at my parents', but that's too much of a drive just for weights. Especially not for ten pound weights.

Swimming is out. It's just as public of a thing as going to the rec center/gym. Plus...I, uh, never learned to swim. I was a lame ass kid who didn't want to get water in his eyes in the lessons, and quit the lessons. Also I remember I didn't like learning with a group of kids I never met before.

Prolly just gonna have to suck it up and get over my horrible fear that everyone in the gym will be constantly silently judging me and go do gym stuff. It's probably an irrational fear I need to get over anyway. Probably mostly irrational.

Well, that's the college experience, I guess. Do new things, learn new stuff, go super far out of your comfort zone, yaaaaaaay.
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #80141 on: August 23, 2014, 10:35:08 pm »

Pressups at home, pull ups at home, stretches at home, sit ups at home, planking at home, lunges at home...

Etc?
Though it may be beneficial to go a bit out of your comfort zone anyway.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80142 on: August 23, 2014, 10:55:46 pm »

While hauling my guitar amplifier from my car in a relatively distant parking lot to my dorm, I walked with and made small talk with some random girl who was also walking through.

Small talk went ok. Can't help but think she noticed my struggling with my unwieldy and kinda heavy 30 watt amp. Shit got heavy on my arm real fast. It's, like, a ten minute walk from the dorm to the garage.

So that's embarrassing. I really should try and work out and get buff -or at least get in shape- to avoid embarrassments like that. But then working out would require me to go to the rec center...which is usually populated with lots of people...which is not something I enjoy...and that would also be embarrassing, because I'm a scrawny thin weak dude who hasn't used gym equipment since middle school.

Ho-hum. Awkward embarrassing moments errywhere. The only solution is to never go outside and avoid any and all possible embarrassments. But that's not really a solution at all.
Pick up amp. Put it back down. Do so until you can't anymore. Then, repeat tomorrow. Soon, you'll be doing 500 amp curls. :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #80143 on: August 23, 2014, 11:39:54 pm »

Pick up amp. Put it back down. Do so until you can't anymore. Then, repeat tomorrow. Soon, you'll be doing 500 amp curls. :P
Ah yes, the age old workout of lifting things up and putting them down.  :P

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80144 on: August 24, 2014, 04:20:10 am »

I know Webadict made a very inspirational post on the subject in the Happy thread the other day, saying he had become fit and was well on his way to "douchebag abs" after getting over his fear of going to the gym. Apparently it's not as bad as we thought- I've always had the same worries about attending the gym as you do.

Once I move next month I fully intend to find a gym and try to un-weakify myself. Hold me to that.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 5341 5342 [5343] 5344 5345 ... 8166