Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5336 5337 [5338] 5339 5340 ... 8166

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9408137 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #80055 on: August 21, 2014, 01:18:52 pm »

Woke up today at 7 am with horrible sharp pain in my leg.  I work nights so that pretty much equates to 12AM to normal people.
Try to sleep it off thinking it must be a charlie horse.  2 hours late it's still there and can't sleep, so I come to the conclusion that it is not a charlie horse and do the sensible thing and go drive to see a doctor.
Good news it's not life threatening, bad news, work insurance doesn't kick in for 3 more days. I have an odd condition where sore spots will come and go under my skin.  Seems 2 of those decided to pop up in just the right place to pinch a nerve.  Doctor wants to run a few more tests to be sure, but kindly offers to wait until my insurance kicks in since while painful, signs point to it not being serious.  I'm prescribed some painkillers and anti-swelling stuff for the time being.

I go to wal mart to pick up the drugs, good news, they only cost 8 bucks, bad news, on my way out my car won't start.  Boo.
Fortunately the wal mart is only about a mile from home and I walk home.  And fortunately family can take care of my car and get it home, since it appears the battery is just dead somehow.  Unfortunately it seems my leg has decided to protest at the long walk and is stabbing my nerve even harder, despite a dosage of prescription painkillers that seem to be trying to knock me out cold as I write this.  I basically can not walk. My workday starts in 2 and a half hours.  It is the second to last day of training.  I can not miss today for any reason.

Not sure what emotion it is, too tired for angry, sad seems a good fit.

Oof, nerve pain is a special kind of pain hell I'm sorry.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80056 on: August 21, 2014, 02:48:58 pm »

I fear my brain is damaged beyond salvage. I can barely utter a sentence without forgetting which word I was about to use, and I can't even follow the most basic math anymore, where I used to be phenomenal. I am incapable of getting excited about anything anymore, even things that I used to love. I think it was the bouts of emotional distress that caused irreversible damage.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #80057 on: August 21, 2014, 03:46:19 pm »

I fear my brain is damaged beyond salvage. I can barely utter a sentence without forgetting which word I was about to use, and I can't even follow the most basic math anymore, where I used to be phenomenal. I am incapable of getting excited about anything anymore, even things that I used to love. I think it was the bouts of emotional distress that caused irreversible damage.

You're underappreciating the brain's plasticity. Also, it sounds more like depression than anything.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80058 on: August 21, 2014, 04:56:42 pm »

Emotional distress doesn't destroy brain cells. Depression, on the other hand, depresses the function of the brain, making you feel sluggish, fatigued, and unable to concentrate. And also really really bad emotionally.

Yeah, it's pretty shitty.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #80059 on: August 21, 2014, 06:10:05 pm »

You're stressed. That isn't permanent brain damage. It is temporary. Don't use permanent-label terms to describe it unless you're fully and extremely sure about it.
Because those things can happen, and even make it worse even when it isn't.

Look to your thoughts, those who are depressed. That is the general root of the sadness (unless its genetic and/or out-of-nowhere). Those subtle thoughts which nobody else can see but yourself, first.

Though this is as far as my superficial opinion goes on that matter .-.
I however vehemently doubt that it's irreversible. The damage is...unlike the physical damage. It may (really) be psychological, in which physical metaphors may only give an idea but not exactly how, the healing or extent of damage is.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 09:43:26 pm by Tiruin »

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80060 on: August 21, 2014, 07:08:55 pm »

I'm sad today because I was thinking about the gerbil I had a few years ago. He lived for about four years and I felt like he was another member of the family. Then, he died slowly over two weeks of cancer in front of my eyes and I could do nothing. I still feel guilt that I had not treated him better and spent more time with him.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80061 on: August 21, 2014, 09:39:41 pm »

Had to turn down an offer today. In the town that I live in, there's a really high end martial arts gym. It's run by a legend, Dan "The Beast" Severn. One of his students dropped by my work today to invite me in. Apparently, I have something of a reputation somehow, either by not being shy about fighting previously or something. The guy knew both my name (first and last) and two of my previous ring nicknames. He offered me a spot in the gym, but I had to turn him down due to injuries. Much sad. I miss dojo life so much, and it's right there, but I can't have it.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #80062 on: August 21, 2014, 10:23:09 pm »

I'm sad today because I was thinking about the gerbil I had a few years ago. He lived for about four years and I felt like he was another member of the family. Then, he died slowly over two weeks of cancer in front of my eyes and I could do nothing. I still feel guilt that I had not treated him better and spent more time with him.
I'm sorry man, and I know how you feel.
I had three much loved pets die and I couldn't do anything.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #80063 on: August 21, 2014, 11:44:32 pm »

My girlfriend had a panic attack today because I told her I was taking my drivers test. (Which I passed)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80064 on: August 22, 2014, 12:01:16 am »

Congratulations On your newfound driving freedom.

Spoiler:  previous sad update (click to show/hide)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80065 on: August 22, 2014, 12:05:52 am »

My girlfriend had a panic attack today because I told her I was taking my drivers test. (Which I passed)
Boy, that must be a confidence booster.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #80066 on: August 22, 2014, 12:12:07 am »

When my mom told my extended family she said "I have bad news. [Kaladin] got her driver's liscense."
I'm not even a bad driver!

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #80067 on: August 22, 2014, 12:17:36 am »

When my mom told my extended family she said "I have bad news. [Kaladin] got her driver's liscense."
I'm not even a bad driver!
i can drive but i cant handle gears im told im a very good reverser
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80068 on: August 22, 2014, 12:45:57 am »

Had to turn down an offer today. In the town that I live in, there's a really high end martial arts gym. It's run by a legend, Dan "The Beast" Severn. One of his students dropped by my work today to invite me in. Apparently, I have something of a reputation somehow, either by not being shy about fighting previously or something. The guy knew both my name (first and last) and two of my previous ring nicknames. He offered me a spot in the gym, but I had to turn him down due to injuries. Much sad. I miss dojo life so much, and it's right there, but I can't have it.

Aw. That's got to suck. :-\
Are you getting treatment/physio for said injuries, or is that not really possible?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #80069 on: August 22, 2014, 12:59:58 am »

« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 12:45:36 pm by alway »
Pages: 1 ... 5336 5337 [5338] 5339 5340 ... 8166