Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5334 5335 [5336] 5337 5338 ... 8166

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9407787 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #80025 on: August 19, 2014, 09:51:48 pm »

The answer is to stop caring and go with the flow~

The flow being what you want to do. Not what you think you belong in, not what you think you "ought" to do, but what you want to do~

And if you don't know, if you have no over-arching "do want", then take a look and see what individually seems interesting? Like in college courses, for example, but this isn't just about college of course. And construct something out of that.

Edit: Bauglir has another take on it, but it's in the same vein here. Listen to me, listen to he, or listen to someone else, doesn't matter~

Basically, you're an ent. A boat on the ocean. You rock in the wind, you creak and move with the current, but you're not bent, you're not swamped over~ "Nothing is true, everything is permitted," comes to mind~

So does "This too shall pass."
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 09:54:25 pm by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #80026 on: August 19, 2014, 09:57:13 pm »

Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #80027 on: August 19, 2014, 10:11:40 pm »

i will mention here what i put in the rage thread for it makes me sad also

im watching somebodies life about to fall apart around them just because some arsehole people who are either elitist, homophobic or both are elitist and/or homophobic arseholes
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80028 on: August 20, 2014, 04:57:55 am »

I'm not sure what I should do here.

I'm not sure if I ever mentioned it, but the place, the damn 'doctor' that prescribed me those meds. I have another appointment with her tomorrow.

But I'm not sure if I've told you guys that the girl working behind the front desk was one that I knew in High School. One that wasn't afraid to get up into my face to tell me how much of a loser I was. And she was the cousin of the girl who crushed me pretty severely. I'm not sure if I've elaborated for pages and pages and pages here about how I've suffered in a my hermetic lifestyle being a bum and a shit just obsessing over my pathetic self and my failure of a HS career.

She doesn't give a shit about me, I know she doesn't as a matter of fact, but the idea of seeing her has me in terrible anxiety. Especially when it's for fucking depression meds. That's such an open admission of how worthless and pathetic I am, to the very last person I wanted to ever let know.

I stopped taking those damnable pills. It just seems like a waste of time, and like I'm just being pulled around by the nose and taking in like a naive bitch that believes much too strongly in the goodwill of pharmaceuticals. So I'm guessing I'll just cancel it, and just wash my hands of the whole place.

That's some stupid ironic shit though, it pisses me off.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80029 on: August 20, 2014, 05:24:39 am »

Especially when it's for fucking depression meds. That's such an open admission of how worthless and pathetic I am
Yeah, no. Not at all. When I got my diagnosis, my mum told me to keep it a secret to avoid all the prejudice associated with having a mental illness. I did, to a degree; the people in the village where I live and my more distant relatives don't know. For my closer aquaintances, however, I acted differently: I didn't make a big deal out of it, but I mentioned it to most of them - one I actually told "Hey look, this is where I wanted to jump about a year ago". Now practically everyone in my inner social circle knows, but it's not something that's talke about too much. The great advantage: If I do start to act depressed and/or crazy, they'll know what's wrong and will be able to step in.
I guess what I'm saying is that your worth as a human being is completely separate from your depression. It's determined much more by how you deal with it. So go out there, laugh in the face of that b***h and then whip the doctor into doing her job properly. Stop giving a shit what they think, and start determining what's good for you!

Two more pieces of advice:
1) Antidepressants are a bitch, bt pharmaceuticals can help a great deal. Without them, I'd probably be dead or crippled by now. Talk to your doc about switching to another type of antidepressant, e.g. from SSRIs to SNRIs.
2) Do you have a garden? Gardening might help you. Not something hugely complicated, just a row of potatoes or something. It doesn't need much skill, but it's good physical work and you immediately see the fruits of your labor. And it gets you out into the fresh air!
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80030 on: August 20, 2014, 05:38:24 am »

Especially when it's for fucking depression meds. That's such an open admission of how worthless and pathetic I am
Yeah, no. Not at all. When I got my diagnosis, my mum told me to keep it a secret to avoid all the prejudice associated with having a mental illness. I did, to a degree; the people in the village where I live and my more distant relatives don't know. For my closer aquaintances, however, I acted differently: I didn't make a big deal out of it, but I mentioned it to most of them - one I actually told "Hey look, this is where I wanted to jump about a year ago". Now practically everyone in my inner social circle knows, but it's not something that's talke about too much. The great advantage: If I do start to act depressed and/or crazy, they'll know what's wrong and will be able to step in.
I guess what I'm saying is that your worth as a human being is completely separate from your depression. It's determined much more by how you deal with it. So go out there, laugh in the face of that b***h and then whip the doctor into doing her job properly. Stop giving a shit what they think, and start determining what's good for you!

Two more pieces of advice:
1) Antidepressants are a bitch, bt pharmaceuticals can help a great deal. Without them, I'd probably be dead or crippled by now. Talk to your doc about switching to another type of antidepressant, e.g. from SSRIs to SNRIs.
2) Do you have a garden? Gardening might help you. Not something hugely complicated, just a row of potatoes or something. It doesn't need much skill, but it's good physical work and you immediately see the fruits of your labor. And it gets you out into the fresh air!

I'd feel really stupid going now. I'd been such a stupid, stubborn stink about taking these pills, I haven't been consistent with them at all, not the kind of consistency that these quacks get off on. I'm thinking the most they could do is just tell me to try again, but harder this time, and show me the door.

And that girl really doesn't care anything, she doesn't even look me in the eye the last time visited. If feels bad to be so very forgotten by someone you've hated for so long...

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80031 on: August 20, 2014, 06:18:46 am »

I'd feel really stupid going now. I'd been such a stupid, stubborn stink about taking these pills, I haven't been consistent with them at all, not the kind of consistency that these quacks get off on. I'm thinking the most they could do is just tell me to try again, but harder this time, and show me the door.
They don't get off on it, it's neccessary for the drugs to work. And the doc will have had scores of people much worse than you - some lapses in taking pills are nothing to write home about.
How about you make a deal with yourself: Take them as prescribed for, let's say, two months (they need time to start working), and then, if they don't work, stop taking them altogether. Less inconsistent behaviour, more results. Plus you'll be able to look your doctor in the eye.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80032 on: August 20, 2014, 06:51:19 am »

I could do that. I guess.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #80033 on: August 20, 2014, 02:27:58 pm »

The words do not wish to flow today. This annoys me.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #80034 on: August 20, 2014, 02:29:27 pm »

Beat them up and steal their lunch money?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #80035 on: August 20, 2014, 02:32:43 pm »

That leads to what we in the business call 'stilted writing', and that's bad. I'll probably go cry myself to sleep instead.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80036 on: August 20, 2014, 03:10:51 pm »

I could do that. I guess.

Yeah, from what I understand about these drugs (and they do work, clinical depression is a real, physical disease) is that you need to take them for a while to have them start actually having a positive effect, and I think the two months is the time most doctors recommend. And if the ones you're on don't work, they often switch them and try a different kind.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #80037 on: August 20, 2014, 03:18:30 pm »

Uh nevermind.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80038 on: August 20, 2014, 03:44:48 pm »

Uh nevermind.

Aw. All sads, no matter how small feeling or seemingly insignificant, belong here. Hope things get better, whatever's bothering you.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #80039 on: August 20, 2014, 03:52:28 pm »

I was feeling happy earlier today at school.

Now that I'm home, I'm feeling down for whatever reason. :-\
*sigh*
Pages: 1 ... 5334 5335 [5336] 5337 5338 ... 8166