Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5321 5322 [5323] 5324 5325 ... 8166

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9410982 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #79830 on: August 15, 2014, 12:26:53 am »

Isn't there a way to stop feeling horrible all the time and intrusive thoughts?
Like, something you do and it all goes away?
Guys?
Please tell me there is.
Please guys
There pretty much is :o
Problem is, the battle is you alone. All of us are just support units. Problem is, that isn't a problem.

If there's anything we can aid you with, please do say. D:
*also hugs*

I think I'm finding it harder and harder to reach out to people.
Which is even worse when I'm worrying about them.
Mind, Y U so contradictory
I feel like this is a bit in the little details territory :<
*hugs too*

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79831 on: August 15, 2014, 02:14:29 am »

As a follow up to my situation earlier

Someone was kind enough to make me a Cheese and Dijon sandwich. It was pretty good. It was hardly a meal but the way I am feeling it was perfect.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #79832 on: August 15, 2014, 05:24:53 am »

Guys?
Please tell me there is.
Please guys
My solution is usually shove it into the back of your head. Then, crack a joke, wear a smile. Be happy while you still can. One day, you won't be able to smile, so you might as well smile now.
 ;D
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79833 on: August 15, 2014, 06:00:42 am »

Damnation. A housing lead I'd been working on turned out to be a manipulative parent trying to screw her son out of an apartment so that he'd be forced to live at home. This is upsetting on several levels.
Wait, what?

They want their kid to move back home?
Well yeah, if they're an overly controlling kind of parent.

My sad is that all but $5 of my beer money has mysteriously disappeared from my pocket sometime between now and when I left the house yesterday evening. :-\ Can't really afford to go out for the weekend, now.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #79834 on: August 15, 2014, 09:06:26 am »

Rob a bank?

Hmm, no. Too well protected.

Try a shop, and yell "Give me some beer money!"

Then rob his money, buy beer from him with said money, and you're grand.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #79835 on: August 15, 2014, 11:10:42 am »

(A little background -  I suffer from depression and anxiety, and have done really since my early teens. During my last few years at uni thanks to the workload and some REALLY shit situations with friends, family and housemates things got a little more out of hand and long story short my therapist tells me I'm a pretty severe case. Fun times all round. I haven't told most of my friends and family (such as remain) that I'm so biblically miserable I get free drugs which is an approach that backfires sometimes when people don't get my (inexplicable to a normal peron) behaviour and frequent pathological aversion to acting on important things.)

Since I started living back at my parents', my ma has really been getting on my back about all the stuff I'm supposed to be doing (finishing my Masters application/finding a job/all that crap) and has basically been interrogating me several times a day about what I'm doing which aside from being incredibly unhelpful even disregarding my condition is also really damn invasive and is blatantly aimed at making me as uncomfortable being here as possible. Even if I manage to accomplish something (that counts to normal people, I regard getting out of bed before 2pm an accomplishment) it merely leads on to the NEXT thing I'm a lazy, developmentally stunted slacker for not doing. I tried explaining (without letting on that I'm severely, occasionally suicidally depressed) that getting mad at me and calling me bad things is the opposite of helpful - but then I got another lecture about how I'd do nothing if I wasn't constantly berated.

I want to make it clear that I really do have my heart set on doing a masters in history at Liverpool and hopefully build up a bit of a life for myself - but it's fucking hard and it's difficult for je to think about without basically shutting down.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #79836 on: August 15, 2014, 11:28:18 am »

Get call. Man's neighbor is putting up fence, but has no fence permit. This is a problem.

Find wooden fencing materials being offloaded from truck and crew of workmen looking like they wanna put up a fence.... This is a problem, because no fence permit.

They can't find all the property pins, there are no monuments, and they have not had a professional survey done, and no fence permit....

Contractor tries to use a long tape measure to basically do a homebrew survey.... This is not the process. The process is to have a survey done and get a permit....

I explain we've had 10 lawsuits over property boundaries in the past 3 years here and they have NOT been fun. I know he is attempting to be reasonable in his mind and he's not a bad person for that. He's not wrong, but he's incorrect, because the procedure is to get a survey done. I get that he needs to do his job and he's probably paying his men. The best thing I can do for him is tell him the truth as fast as possible and the way to go about doing things so he can get back on track from this derail.

I explain the liability the individual contractor and homeowner have in encroachment lawsuits when you build something on somebody else's property and that most builder's contractor insurance DO NOT cover damage from these types of mistakes. Informing him of his is for his own benefit, because I don't want him to be personally liable here.

Guy keeps trying to basically use a tape measure as a makeshift survey while insisting he is not doing a survey (he's not licensed to do so) to somehow snake his way into a permit. No dice.

After getting on the phone and explaining things to homeowner, who is not happy, contractor throws a punch at me....

I just dodge it and go into my car, drive off and come back with the police.... Enjoy jail.

I am getting so sick of this. Shooting the messenger is not ok.

Best part? He was gong to put the fence a bit over 3 feet past the property line on the neighbor's land.....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #79837 on: August 15, 2014, 12:12:02 pm »

Wow. Do you think that contractor had anger management issues?
I agree, you weren't the person they should have been mad at. Whoever thought it was a good idea to not have a permit was who they should have been mad at; But then we get into self-loathing issues.
The world's not a pretty place.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79838 on: August 15, 2014, 01:34:03 pm »

What the hell is wrong with people? Jeez. You'd think that "throwing a punch at a lawyer will get me arrested, better not do that," would be common knowledge.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #79839 on: August 15, 2014, 02:02:44 pm »

I just realized the last time I talked to a non-family member was over a week ago...
And the only other person I've talked to for months was another research assistant.

Also someone yelled at me. That made me cry a little.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 02:32:13 pm by Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79840 on: August 15, 2014, 02:19:30 pm »

-Snip-

Why are you keeping it secret?

Guys?
Please tell me there is.
Please guys

Well, there's always a lobotomy...
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #79841 on: August 15, 2014, 02:50:28 pm »

My older brother is moving back to Texas. He's basically been a second father to me (my actual dad died when I was very little, before I could have known him), so it's always a bit traumatic when he leaves. I knew it was coming because my family never got along very much, but it still sucks.

Still feeling like I don't have a direction in life and I'm just sitting in a pile of failed or half-finished projects that don't interest me anymore, biding my time until I'm back in an academic environment (college) with a well-defined goal again.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #79842 on: August 15, 2014, 03:00:01 pm »

* Arx offers hugs/encouragement/conversation to everyone in a bad place.

And on a much more trivial note, I finished Worm. What am I going to do with myself now?

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #79843 on: August 15, 2014, 03:14:15 pm »

And on a much more trivial note, I finished Worm. What am I going to do with myself now?
I plan on reading Pact once I finish Worm. You could do that too?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #79844 on: August 15, 2014, 03:18:07 pm »

That was my plan, but Pact refuses to load on my phone. And nine arcs is barely three days of reading! D:

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 5321 5322 [5323] 5324 5325 ... 8166