Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5289 5290 [5291] 5292 5293 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9473952 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #79350 on: August 07, 2014, 04:17:10 am »

@SalmonGod: Because it's sad, or because it's bad?

Because it had the main character put in solitary, which is something I've read enough about to make me sick with rage when confronted with it like that.  And I was already feeling sick.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79351 on: August 07, 2014, 07:16:43 am »

My cat has inexplicably become tubby. I can still remember when he was in fighting trim!
Feed him less, then.

Cats are, first and foremost, selfish. They probably think YOU'LL eat their food, and thus try and scoff as much of it as possible to keep you from eating it.

Actually cats are often known for being able to control their own weights.

But... not all cats are like this.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79352 on: August 07, 2014, 07:22:10 am »

Hmm. I am also inexplicably chunky. That said, I am not a cat, and I just eat too much. Body, you aren't an athlete anymore! Stop wanting to eat 6,000 calories a day!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #79353 on: August 07, 2014, 07:22:46 am »

My cat has inexplicably become tubby. I can still remember when he was in fighting trim!
Feed him less, then.

Cats are, first and foremost, selfish. They probably think YOU'LL eat their food, and thus try and scoff as much of it as possible to keep you from eating it.

Actually cats are often known for being able to control their own weights.

But... not all cats are like this.

BULEMIACAT
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79354 on: August 07, 2014, 07:26:03 am »

Hmm. I am also inexplicably chunky. That said, I am not a cat, and I just eat too much. Body, you aren't an athlete anymore! Stop wanting to eat 6,000 calories a day!
Your body takes a while to catch up with your mind.
I know, but it's been years since I stepped in the cage. That said, looking at ex-athletes that got fat, I got off light (hur hur).

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #79355 on: August 07, 2014, 07:27:32 am »

I know, but it's been years since I stepped in the cage. That said, looking at ex-athletes that got fat, I got off light (hur hur).
Cage you say interesting
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79356 on: August 07, 2014, 07:31:17 am »

Hmm... Try dieting? Your stomach can get used to being full, and if you keep filling it up as soon as it goes 'I'm hungry!', it won't stop being used to that.
Been there, tried that. I do my best to watch what I eat, and don't stuff myself completely full as often as I used to, but I have to watch how often I eat because my blood sugar tanks and I try to pass out if I go without food. It was a problem when I was homeless, but it's getting worse as I get older.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79357 on: August 07, 2014, 08:25:43 am »

How are you on carbs vs fats proteins and fiber? I think you definitely have to change your eating habits as you get older. in your 20's you can digest anything and burn it off. 30's, not so much.

Also, alcohol is a ton of empty calories.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 08:28:01 am by Reelya »

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #79358 on: August 07, 2014, 08:43:19 am »

How are you on carbs vs fats proteins and fiber? I think you definitely have to change your eating habits as you get older. in your 20's you can digest anything and burn it off. 30's, not so much.

Alcohol is far worse than just that. Aside from calories it has in itself, it also boosts your appetite AND messes with the lipid metabolism in a way that makes you store more than usual instead of using it.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #79359 on: August 07, 2014, 09:08:21 am »

Ahhhh

So that's where the "Beer Belly" comes from.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79360 on: August 07, 2014, 09:25:37 am »

I'm too high on carbs and too low on fiber, but I'm working to change that. Also, I gave up alcohol. I probably won't even drink on new year's eve this year.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #79361 on: August 07, 2014, 10:38:07 am »

My mother died yesterday. That isn't really what made me sad. It's the fact that that didn't make me sad that's making me sad.  :-\

I at least made my peace with her while she was still conscious enough to understand what I was saying.

Now it's just the metric fuckton of paperwork and arrangements that are making me sad. Oh, and having to throw out the deadbeat "friends" of hers that were living with her and are $3K behind in back payments of rent and utilities.

Actually, that part isn't sad. That's going to be fun. I don't care if they fucking starve to death in their van. I will physically eject them and their little shit-factory mutts from the house I grew up in which they have slowly destroyed. They've always thought I was kind and passive and gullible like my mom was. They're going to find that I can be downright evil, given the proper motivation.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #79362 on: August 07, 2014, 10:40:50 am »

Condolences RK. :(
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #79363 on: August 07, 2014, 10:48:13 am »

Was your mother 'collecting' stay people?

...cause that's a situation with my aunt

Nevertheless, my condolences
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #79364 on: August 07, 2014, 10:48:27 am »

I remember you posting about those friends. Let's just say I share your joy in that department.

Still, my condolences, it's family after all.
Pages: 1 ... 5289 5290 [5291] 5292 5293 ... 8167