Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5288 5289 [5290] 5291 5292 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9473983 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #79335 on: August 06, 2014, 08:24:26 pm »

Lost a friend due to me being an idiotic absolute douchecanoe again.
So go admit that you were wrong and misjudged the situation, and get forgiveness. Don't just mope about it, the situation is fixable.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #79336 on: August 06, 2014, 08:43:33 pm »

So go admit that you were wrong and misjudged the situation, and get forgiveness. Don't just mope about it, the situation is fixable.
I apologized but I don't think that'll help
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79337 on: August 06, 2014, 08:51:31 pm »

I apologized but I don't think that'll help
It's all in how you apologize. "Look man, she told me she was 18, excuse me for not carding her," is a lot less effective than, "Sir, your daughter initiated contact which I now realize I should have rejected (despite her repeated assurances,) and I understand that said contact was wrong. You're upset, and I understand that, and I would be as well, were I in your shoes. To correct the matter, I will henceforth be more prudent about social interactions, and can only hope that you will one day forgive me."

Empathize, apologize, legitimize.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79338 on: August 06, 2014, 09:07:14 pm »

Or sleep with the father too.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #79339 on: August 06, 2014, 09:16:40 pm »

Or just go the whole hog and turn the entire family into your harem.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #79340 on: August 06, 2014, 09:23:21 pm »

Twitch mutes vods with copyrighted music now.

Sadly, it doesn't affect live-streaming, meaning some streamers might just ignore it and make their vods somewhat useless :x

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79341 on: August 06, 2014, 10:15:23 pm »

I just feel like so much shit right now. I just want to curl up and die.

I had gotten sick the last couple days, so I called up my therapist and left a message saying I wouldn't be attending, and we'd reschedule. He called back to reschedule, but also to remind me that there were some social security papers with some bizarre purpose that I don't know what they're about and it's up to him to send them out, but he doesn't know what they'll do, and he set it to me to find out, but I just COMPLETELY FORGOT.  So fuck me there.

But in the conversation he brings up how over the months I've been there I've made very little progress, I've failed to complete assignments, I've failed to forward my own goals, and that after all this time we're still just assessing, still just getting started, after months and months... and those words are just the goddamn story of my life, I'm just a fucking failure, I just can't help myself even when I'm paying good hard money for therapy.

Just another fucking failure. I should just give up and die. I just want to curl up and just phase out of existence.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #79342 on: August 06, 2014, 10:41:45 pm »

Why is it so important that you're failing? I mean, the pain you're experiencing is obviously important and getting past it is a major goal, but that's a different thing. Why's the blame such a focus?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79343 on: August 06, 2014, 10:56:10 pm »

« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 11:55:39 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #79344 on: August 07, 2014, 01:03:15 am »

I just feel like so much shit right now. I just want to curl up and die.

I had gotten sick the last couple days, so I called up my therapist and left a message saying I wouldn't be attending, and we'd reschedule. He called back to reschedule, but also to remind me that there were some social security papers with some bizarre purpose that I don't know what they're about and it's up to him to send them out, but he doesn't know what they'll do, and he set it to me to find out, but I just COMPLETELY FORGOT.  So fuck me there.

But in the conversation he brings up how over the months I've been there I've made very little progress, I've failed to complete assignments, I've failed to forward my own goals, and that after all this time we're still just assessing, still just getting started, after months and months... and those words are just the goddamn story of my life, I'm just a fucking failure, I just can't help myself even when I'm paying good hard money for therapy.

Just another fucking failure. I should just give up and die. I just want to curl up and just phase out of existence.
Ya ain't a fucking failure and ya don't not have a chance of improvement. Emphasis on the double negative to my message here.
There;s a weird thing I recall from someone who talked about those who wanted to give up--they said that those people care, even more, than those who don't, because of the underlying thoughts about giving up.
T'was a paradox(?--unsure if the right word here but it feels right) but it made sense in a way.

Anyway, there is little progress and there is progress. Both are progress. You won't ever not make progress if you're invested in it. You learn tiny bits and pieces, but that's progress--compared to what? Does it need to be compared to have meaning? A race, if it must?
There's progress and that's what matters. Usually these things are in the thoughts beneath why things happen as a subtle cue, but you must go and reinforce yourself. It's ok that 'failure' happens.

You're still alive to do something about it.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #79345 on: August 07, 2014, 02:22:21 am »

Going to get another grilling from my extended family for failing to live up to expectations.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 05:39:45 am by Vattic »
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #79346 on: August 07, 2014, 03:21:59 am »

Putting up with family is the primary reason why I no longer have birthdays.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #79347 on: August 07, 2014, 03:37:43 am »

Wife was watching Orange is the New Black, and I caught like half an episode.  I regret it.

(also feeling like shit and unable to sleep, which is why I'm posting right now)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 03:39:26 am by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79348 on: August 07, 2014, 04:06:45 am »

@SalmonGod: Because it's sad, or because it's bad?

Putting up with family is the primary reason why I no longer have birthdays.
...Your family caused you to enter a time loop? ???
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #79349 on: August 07, 2014, 04:13:35 am »

My cat has inexplicably become tubby. I can still remember when he was in fighting trim!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 5288 5289 [5290] 5291 5292 ... 8167