Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5276 5277 [5278] 5279 5280 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9439720 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #79155 on: August 02, 2014, 01:26:35 pm »

Well unless you're actually lacking and are found wanting...change isn't at all a bad idea there :P
Back to being serious, however, what do they ask anyway? << Self-reflection query there, isn't there a way to make it sound logical to them?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79156 on: August 02, 2014, 01:44:15 pm »

1. I'm guessing "Boil and Filter" isn't a solid option?

Boiling makes it worse.
Ah.
Freeze and filter!
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79157 on: August 02, 2014, 01:49:25 pm »

There is severe microbial water contamination in my area and -due to the size of the water system- much of NW Ohio and some of southern Michigan today. The current theory is that runoff from manure  used as "organic" fertilizer that was spread illegally on still-frozen fields at the end of winter has now fed a large algae bloom. Routine chemical analysis of the water has revealed algae-related toxins in the water, and it is currently non-potable. Store's stocks of bottled water in the region have been wiped out, and there is talk about calling out the National Guard to provide water transporters to bring in safe water.
Haven't seen anything about it here. I'm probably too far west, thankfully.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #79158 on: August 02, 2014, 01:57:30 pm »

Only goes up to just south of Monroe, I think. Not a huge way into MI, but still illustrates the scale of the problem.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79159 on: August 02, 2014, 02:01:22 pm »

Ridiculous that this is even a thing. Just found a bunch of information about it.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #79160 on: August 02, 2014, 02:04:20 pm »

What do you mean? That it got into the system, or that there's so much panic?
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79161 on: August 02, 2014, 02:08:36 pm »

That it got into the system. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that somewhere, someone scrimped on spending for water filtration systems to line their own pockets. Maybe I'm just jaded, but it's fucking stupid that this is even a problem.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #79162 on: August 02, 2014, 02:08:46 pm »

Goddammit George, making cute sounds won't make me let you in.

You poop too much :c

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79163 on: August 02, 2014, 02:28:08 pm »

Well unless you're actually lacking and are found wanting...change isn't at all a bad idea there :P
Back to being serious, however, what do they ask anyway? << Self-reflection query there, isn't there a way to make it sound logical to them?
What they ask for is for me to be "honest" with them. But that alone makes no sense.
The reason the auguement started is because earlier that day, I saw my therapist. They waited until the very end of the day to ask me what was discussed, which by then most of the details were fuzzy.
I explained what I could remember, which honestly was much beside the discussion on whether or not I may have a form of tourettes.
They didn't like that, and said that I must have talked about more than that at the appointment.
I said that yeah, there was, but I don't really remember it clearly, and they refused to believe me, and said that I'm hiding things from them.
I tried to explain that it's not my fault I have shitty memory, and that the therapist said that memory problems are common when you have a stressful childhood.
So they said "why didn't you bring that up earlier? Clearly you do remember more and you're lying"
So I explained that the only reason I remembered that was because I was reminded of it from the arguement, but they wouldn't believe me, and the whole thing grew from that.

So I don't know how the hell I "fix" that. 
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #79164 on: August 02, 2014, 02:33:57 pm »

...Ok, there's clearly something wrong.
On their side anyways. The usage of terminology and how it was delivered says underlying intent :/
Roundabout the idea--you're not hiding things from them as far as I've read you there; ask them why they presume such?

:-\ Hope you're ok...

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #79165 on: August 02, 2014, 02:40:23 pm »

That it got into the system. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that somewhere, someone scrimped on spending for water filtration systems to line their own pockets. Maybe I'm just jaded, but it's fucking stupid that this is even a problem.

The system's excellent at keeping it out normally. Problem is that sloppy fertilization, mostly from "organic" folks using manure, combined with the unseasonable weather has caused massive increases in the algae levels beyond design spec, and they still caught it really quickly..

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79166 on: August 02, 2014, 02:42:33 pm »

Goddammit George, making cute sounds won't make me let you in.

You poop too much :c
* Descan hands Dutchling a bird-diaper.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79167 on: August 02, 2014, 04:23:44 pm »

...Ok, there's clearly something wrong.
On their side anyways. The usage of terminology and how it was delivered says underlying intent :/
Roundabout the idea--you're not hiding things from them as far as I've read you there; ask them why they presume such?

I haven't actually thought to ask that, I honestly never really thought about why they feel that way.
I'm ok, don't worry.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79168 on: August 02, 2014, 04:42:25 pm »

I haven't actually thought to ask that, I honestly never really thought about why they feel that way.
That sounded bit paranoid behaviour to me, pushing it like that. Not a nice thing to do, especially when it's about fucking therapy session. Not all things need to be said, and not for everyone.

Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #79169 on: August 02, 2014, 04:44:57 pm »

That sounded bit paranoid behaviour to me, pushing it like that. Not a nice thing to do, especially when it's about fucking therapy session. Not all things need to be said, and not for everyone.

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 5276 5277 [5278] 5279 5280 ... 8167