Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5273 5274 [5275] 5276 5277 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9438246 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #79110 on: July 31, 2014, 10:53:37 pm »

Today I had this sudden crushing moment of lucidity and realized I'm a perpetually unhappy, hopeless, lonely perfectionist who doesn't believe he'll ever be good enough for anything and literally expects his life to go nowhere. So yeah, I have no self esteem, no friends, no hope of ever make friends, no dreams, no aspirations, and no real plans for the future.

So in short I made myself a bit sad. Guess I'll go distract myself with internet and video games, I'm sure that'll solve everything, hyuk hyuk.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #79111 on: July 31, 2014, 11:46:58 pm »

What'll solve everything is getting directly to the problem instead of picking alternatives that may serve as distractions so you won't focus on the problem in the first place.

The problem still exists, and you perceive its existence.

Just remember that what you see now isn't truly you unless it is completely reinforced by you, Is one kind of quote I'm putting up for direction.
But seriously :v You've got self esteem--not just appreciating it enough methinks. Create aspirations for yourself. Create plans. If you can't do it one way, adapt methods that work: like utilize that planning system you use in video games to reality. Use what is familiar before venturing into the 'unknown'.

Time to feel horrible again.

Why is everything so confusing? What is wrong? What is right? Am I a horrible person?
What should I do with my life? Is it all my fault? Who messed up? Am I just complaining about everything? What is wrong with me?
When can this just eeeeend?
Look to the ending when it ends. Look to the path as you traverse it. The end will come, but you've other more wondrous sights to behold at the moment.

You aren't a horrible person. You decide what you do with your life. You aren't messed up. There's a thin line between being the complainer and an actual and valid complaint.

If you feel horrible, there's a ton of people out there to help you comprehend what is making you feel horrible, and information and knowledge to combat eternal horribility. :( Said horrible = feeling that will pass however, unless reinforced by some factor...
*hugs to both of you guys*
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 11:51:45 pm by Tiruin »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #79112 on: August 01, 2014, 03:30:39 am »

Today I had this sudden crushing moment of lucidity and realized I'm a perpetually unhappy, hopeless, lonely perfectionist who doesn't believe he'll ever be good enough for anything and literally expects his life to go nowhere. So yeah, I have no self esteem, no friends, no hope of ever make friends, no dreams, no aspirations, and no real plans for the future.

So in short I made myself a bit sad. Guess I'll go distract myself with internet and video games, I'm sure that'll solve everything, hyuk hyuk.
You know what, Mr Space Sloth? You're my friend. I don't care if it's reciprocated. I think of everyone on Bay12 as my friend.
Is that unusual? I don't even know. :P
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #79113 on: August 01, 2014, 05:02:05 am »

Recently had to make a deeply unpleasant decision between either running off to follow my passion, or staying where I am to continue supporting my family. Unsurprisingly, I chose family.

I'm hoping that this will someday be a decision I can look back on and feel proud of. For the time being, however, I will be forced to cope with this maddening sense of utter dejection that now dwells within the core of my being.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79114 on: August 01, 2014, 06:31:09 am »

But... I thought following one's passion would have been the "unsurprising" decision?
Well, I hope your decision works out for you, anyway.   

*awkward pageroll*
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 06:47:57 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #79115 on: August 01, 2014, 07:59:20 am »

I just came to the conclusion that this month would be juuuust okay as far as money is concerned.

Then I realized I forgot rent.

Parents to the rescue Dx

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79116 on: August 01, 2014, 08:41:41 am »

There are so many things I want to buy at the moment, but I have no money to buy them. Damnit.
Anyone got some gainful employment to spare? :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79117 on: August 01, 2014, 09:16:08 am »

I can't even think of a way to put this.
Everything has gone to hell, any possible hopes of achieving a situation where I don't have to back down to every little insult, and stand my ground to resolve issues, is gone.
It's been made pretty clear now, I can either take the blame for everything that's ever happened, and submit to whatever happens, or I can keep trying to speak my mind, and hold my ground, and my marriage, my life, everything will fall apart.
I wish I was exagerating, but it's pretty difficult to interpret "If you don't do something about this I'm leaving" when the only thing they've been wanting to act like everything has been my fault, no matter anything I've said.
So what do I do?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #79118 on: August 01, 2014, 09:26:35 am »

It sounds like you are at a crossroads at life, with two very different paths in front of you. These only so much we ,the denizens of the Internet, can do to help you. Because, at the end of the day...it's up to you.

Do what you think is right.

And we will support you.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #79119 on: August 01, 2014, 09:32:43 am »

I can't even think of a way to put this.
Everything has gone to hell, any possible hopes of achieving a situation where I don't have to back down to every little insult, and stand my ground to resolve issues, is gone.
It's been made pretty clear now, I can either take the blame for everything that's ever happened, and submit to whatever happens, or I can keep trying to speak my mind, and hold my ground, and my marriage, my life, everything will fall apart.
I wish I was exagerating, but it's pretty difficult to interpret "If you don't do something about this I'm leaving" when the only thing they've been wanting to act like everything has been my fault, no matter anything I've said.
So what do I do?
Take my advice with the appropriate skepticism, but you should do what is best for you, which means not being treated like trash.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79120 on: August 01, 2014, 10:11:42 am »

Logically, I know what I want.
And emotionally, I know what I want.

It's just that they don't agree, for once.
I still have time to think at work before I have to go home, thankfully. So lots of internal deliberation.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79121 on: August 01, 2014, 10:16:13 am »

« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 03:36:44 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #79122 on: August 01, 2014, 10:21:10 am »

Talk about a shitty situation
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #79123 on: August 01, 2014, 10:58:43 am »

Logically, I know what I want.
And emotionally, I know what I want.

It's just that they don't agree, for once.
I still have time to think at work before I have to go home, thankfully. So lots of internal deliberation.

If you take the blame for everything, those people will be vindicated. You will also be unhappy, and know you caved under stress and threats. If you stand up for yourself, everything may fall apart, but you will have stayed true to yourself. It is even quite possible the threats were idle, and nothing will fall apart. To be honest, personally, I would choose not to be rolled under, but I don't know all your circumstances, nor the nature and possible reactions of the people involved. From the basic knowledge I know, I gave a basic answer.

I know you'll choose the best solution, and I wish you luck in it.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79124 on: August 01, 2014, 11:04:16 am »

Talk about a shitty situation
Oh you.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 5273 5274 [5275] 5276 5277 ... 8167