Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5262 5263 [5264] 5265 5266 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9429926 times)

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #78945 on: July 26, 2014, 05:10:57 am »

i finally found the rule list i see where i went wrong i broke rule 4 (you know the rule list really should be linked in the room topic) i deeply apologise for any trouble i caused and would like to request to be allowed back in and promise not to do it again
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78946 on: July 26, 2014, 05:12:03 am »

This is the part where I point out that you only got kicked, not banned.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78947 on: July 26, 2014, 05:13:49 am »

This is the part where I point out that you only got kicked, not banned.

oh your right well my apology and promise to behave still stand ill just go tell 4chan about my dream

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #78948 on: July 26, 2014, 07:05:18 am »

-snip- my apology and promise to behave still stand ill just go tell 4chan about my dream
Without going back through previous posts... Huh. No context is best context, although one can reasonably assume the absolute fucking worst if 4Chan is involved/necessary.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #78949 on: July 26, 2014, 07:18:30 am »

I've never really posted in these threads before; they've always seemed like a pointless emotion circlejerk.  As for why I'm posting now... Well, I probably won't if I think too hard about that, so I won't. >.>

So, there's a girl that I had a serious crush on about two years ago, and I had thought that I was pretty much over her.  She was visiting me, and we had a very enjoyable time talking.  Before too long though, she had to leave, and told me that she had really missed me, and wanted to see me again soon.  She gave me a hug.  That made me so, so, absolutely happy.  Just... wonderful.

I got in a car, and started to drive away.  But apparently someone had modified it, somehow, so that the brake wouldn't work, the gas just raised the cruise control, and I couldn't lower it unless I turned the car off.  I managed to park without crashing into anything, and as I tried to figure out what was wrong... I realized I was dreaming.  Which meant the whole thing with the girl had never happened.  She lives forty hours drive away, barely considered me a friend at best, and that fell apart a while ago.  I had come to terms with that.

Even so, realizing that right after that surge of happiness was just...  'depressing' doesn't seem to qualify.  I've had some terrifying nightmares, but that's a new way for my subconcious to flip me off.  And undeniably far more effective. ._.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #78950 on: July 26, 2014, 08:04:16 am »

I've never really posted in these threads before; they've always seemed like a pointless emotion circlejerk.
:-\
The power of assumptions.

Your subconscious isn't 'flipping you off', however, no matter how much it may seem like it to you. There's some serious context there which you may look into.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #78951 on: July 26, 2014, 08:10:50 am »

Sometimes I have dreams that the brakes on my car don't work. Even the handbrake is unreliable at best. Speaking of which, I still don't have a new car.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78952 on: July 26, 2014, 08:22:10 am »

Wow, syvarris, I haven't seen you in a while.
But yeah, your subconscious isn't trying to mess with you, or anything like that. For the most part, it just does its own thing.
Yeah, it can suck, but it's not trying to suck.

But in any case, consider calling them? Consciencely, you feel at terms with it, but maybe not as much as you think?
In any case, good luck.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78953 on: July 26, 2014, 08:35:53 am »

-snip- my apology and promise to behave still stand ill just go tell 4chan about my dream
Without going back through previous posts... Huh. No context is best context, although one can reasonably assume the absolute fucking worst if 4Chan is involved/necessary.

I was describing a rather sexual dream I had if you want further information feel free to pm me

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78954 on: July 26, 2014, 08:46:31 am »

I've never really posted in these threads before; they've always seemed like a pointless emotion circlejerk.  As for why I'm posting now... Well, I probably won't if I think too hard about that, so I won't. >.>

So, there's a girl that I had a serious crush on about two years ago, and I had thought that I was pretty much over her.  She was visiting me, and we had a very enjoyable time talking.  Before too long though, she had to leave, and told me that she had really missed me, and wanted to see me again soon.  She gave me a hug.  That made me so, so, absolutely happy.  Just... wonderful.

I got in a car, and started to drive away.  But apparently someone had modified it, somehow, so that the brake wouldn't work, the gas just raised the cruise control, and I couldn't lower it unless I turned the car off.  I managed to park without crashing into anything, and as I tried to figure out what was wrong... I realized I was dreaming.  Which meant the whole thing with the girl had never happened.  She lives forty hours drive away, barely considered me a friend at best, and that fell apart a while ago.  I had come to terms with that.

Even so, realizing that right after that surge of happiness was just...  'depressing' doesn't seem to qualify.  I've had some terrifying nightmares, but that's a new way for my subconcious to flip me off.  And undeniably far more effective. ._.
It's always distressing when you have one of those dreams, where incredibly happy things happen, and then wake up to reality. :(
I've had many of those in the past, and coming to terms with the fact that they aren't real is always sad.

Speaking of sad dreams, the main character in the one I just dreamt had a long, rather philosophical discussion with the huge inside-out zombie creature he had set on fire as it burned to death. O.o He ended up feeling rather sorry for it before it died, and offered to try and save it. It refused, saying that its predicament was its fault, after all, and it was only getting its just desserts.
There was plenty more to the dream, but that's the only part that really stuck in my mind.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #78955 on: July 26, 2014, 08:53:31 am »

I was describing a rather sexual dream I had if you want further information feel free to pm me

AND NOW I MUST KNOW, TO THE PM-MOBILE!
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #78956 on: July 26, 2014, 09:13:42 am »

:P

Well, I'll just continue with my normal dreams, thanken you.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78957 on: July 26, 2014, 09:25:35 am »

:P

Well, I'll just continue with my normal dreams, thanken you.

Come on you know you want to

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78958 on: July 26, 2014, 10:37:37 am »

AND NOW I MUST KNOW, TO THE PM-MOBILE!

I sent you the story enjoy

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78959 on: July 26, 2014, 10:52:24 am »

Gaaaah my knees hurt.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 5262 5263 [5264] 5265 5266 ... 8167