Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5248 5249 [5250] 5251 5252 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9435097 times)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #78735 on: July 21, 2014, 09:40:09 pm »

"Hitler was a pretty cool guy"
-some people
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78736 on: July 21, 2014, 09:52:03 pm »

Well he does get points for killing Hitler, so there's that.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #78737 on: July 21, 2014, 10:19:22 pm »

Julius Caesar was the best dictator IMO. He was polite enough to be assassinated, and the empire continued on for centuries after his death.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #78738 on: July 21, 2014, 11:10:20 pm »

Well he does get points for killing Hitler, so there's that.
..but, no one killed Hitler, he killed himsel--oooooooh.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #78739 on: July 22, 2014, 12:15:25 am »

I'm 27 years old and I think I'm starting to turn into a crotchety old man.  I just can't seem to get along with anyone.  I feel like the vast majority of people I know are all dicks and the few friends I ever had have moved far, far away :/

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #78740 on: July 22, 2014, 12:39:09 am »

Oh yay, another funk to fall into. Being annoyed at everything and everyone while at the same time being unable to create anything meaningful and also being tired but not tired enough to sleep and not be tired anymore.

I seriously have no idea what to do or how to get out of this. So, in the meantime, I'll continue being annoyed at videogames because I have no idea what else to do.
Based on my personal stress cycles, that's usually when I start doing Coursera lectures (or similar). You should try it!

The best part is, if you can find video games which occupy a very limited amount of your attention for long periods of time (like KSP, Just Cause 2, Far Cry 2, or solo minecraft), you can even do so while playing video games. Thus, you don't have to be annoyed at yourself for playing video games, while still playing video games and being productive at the same time.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #78741 on: July 22, 2014, 04:55:59 am »

Oh wasn't exactly annoyed at myself for playing the videogames, after all, I'm on my summer break, I shouldn't feel bad for that, plenty of time to do everything, including that. What I was being annoyed at was the games themselves, seeing as I was too tired and unfocused for anything that required any amount of thought or effort and I didn't feel like scouring the internet for something low intensity only to play it for twenty minutes before getting bored. So I played what I had (online games, f2p to boot) and was annoyed, either by my own mistakes or by the sheer idiocy of the other players.

Also Minecraft is on a cooldown period right now, in the past two weeks I've started three new worlds only to have myself killed and simply ragequit because I couldn't find my corpse anymore.

Anyways, the funk seems to be on the way out now. I'm still feeling tired but atleast I've drawn something :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #78742 on: July 22, 2014, 06:52:07 am »

Oh yay, another funk to fall into. Being annoyed at everything and everyone while at the same time being unable to create anything meaningful and also being tired but not tired enough to sleep and not be tired anymore.

I seriously have no idea what to do or how to get out of this. So, in the meantime, I'll continue being annoyed at videogames because I have no idea what else to do.
Based on my personal stress cycles, that's usually when I start doing Coursera lectures (or similar). You should try it!

The best part is, if you can find video games which occupy a very limited amount of your attention for long periods of time (like KSP, Just Cause 2, Far Cry 2, or solo minecraft), you can even do so while playing video games. Thus, you don't have to be annoyed at yourself for playing video games, while still playing video games and being productive at the same time.
I heard that KSP got some big update recently, but my KSP isn't linked to Steam and I can't be bothered to recover my password so yeah >_<

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78743 on: July 22, 2014, 08:23:13 am »

You know how I got woken up this morning?
By SCREAMING IN MY FACE from no freaking reason, and when I point it out, I'm "starting drama" because of course they know they didn't yell, I'm making it up because I clearly just must enjoy arguements.
Eventually it turned into them saying that they "aren't allowed to complain" because I said that I'm tired of being guilt-tripped.
There's more, but I'm too tired to recall it all because I didn't even get to eat breakfast or even use the bathroom this morning.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78744 on: July 22, 2014, 08:36:34 am »

Did you accidentally fall asleep in a military barracks? And wake up in the midst of boot-camp? You should probably double check.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78745 on: July 22, 2014, 09:00:57 am »

You know how I got woken up this morning?
By SCREAMING IN MY FACE from no freaking reason, and when I point it out, I'm "starting drama" because of course they know they didn't yell, I'm making it up because I clearly just must enjoy arguements.
Eventually it turned into them saying that they "aren't allowed to complain" because I said that I'm tired of being guilt-tripped.
There's more, but I'm too tired to recall it all because I didn't even get to eat breakfast or even use the bathroom this morning.
I'd find a way to leave if I were able in such a case.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #78746 on: July 22, 2014, 09:03:47 am »

Perhaps it's high time you got angry and told them

" IM MAD AS HELL AND IM NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE"

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78747 on: July 22, 2014, 09:05:42 am »

I don't recommend this without joking very often, but if that ever happened to me, I'd break a nose. Dead serious. That deserves a legit KTFO punch.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78748 on: July 22, 2014, 09:31:56 am »

Well, I don't have the means to leave, so I'm sorta stuck with it.
It doesn't matter what I do, nobody I deal with gives a shit.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #78749 on: July 22, 2014, 09:47:07 am »

Then the best answer is to not give a shit when they throw the shit
Pages: 1 ... 5248 5249 [5250] 5251 5252 ... 8167