Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5242 5243 [5244] 5245 5246 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9440015 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #78645 on: July 18, 2014, 02:48:36 pm »

I work nights, and as I returned home from work at 8:30am, I heard a strange noise from inside the house. I figured someone had an early shift or something, so went to my room, but then realized- the dayshift housemate wasn't in last night. Stricken by curiosity, I went hunting for the source of the noise, yet my curiosity turned to alarm as the sound resolved itself as a murmuring... A constant chant over the top of a sonorous hum.
Quietly, I palmed my trusty intruder-awareness-device, and crept forward towards the source of the noise. The sinister litany continued as I crept further towards the kitchen. Terrifying thoughts and visions filled my mind, as my imagination wildly began to make a desperate attempt to fit answers to the questions being raised. Did we leave the Ouija board out? Was the door unlocked?
My questions quickly began resolving themselves as I peered around the corner of the kitchen, to be confronted with the harsh neon glare of our fridge- the constant low 'hum' of its cooling mechanism amped up to a low roar, whilst all I could see of the would-be intruder was a single hand, taut with a white-knuckled grip upon the doorhandle.
As I crossed the threshold, my roomate was revealed, standing naked upon the tiles, legs almost buckling from his madness-wracked vigil. Like a broken clockwork toy, his head slowly revolved to face me, eyes displaying insanity-laced horror above a rictus grin, staring directly out of my nightmares. Finally the jerky revolutions came to a halt as he faced me, his whole body seized in a single instant. The mad grin opened, and he repeated the chant he'd been repeating for the last 16 hours:
"Let's see... Hallibut... Sheep's cheese... Tomatoes."
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 03:34:20 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #78646 on: July 18, 2014, 02:55:28 pm »

Um, what? Had he been there for sixteen hours?!

Have you considered that he may be messing with you?

IronTomato, I can offer little but internet sympathy, and that I hope you can find motivation.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78647 on: July 18, 2014, 03:06:35 pm »

Three possibilities there Arx.
Either he was messing with me, which means he has a terrible sense of humor.
Or I was messing with him, which means I'm a sociopath.
Or I'm messing with You, which makes you a little gullible.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78648 on: July 18, 2014, 03:08:57 pm »

you are not the rusemaster pointy device commonly found in a thumb

it is not you

but is it me?

it is not knowledge that is within my possession no

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #78649 on: July 18, 2014, 03:14:25 pm »

IronTomato.
That's why you ambush them when they least expect it, sinking pellet after pellet into their soft, fleshy bodies proving yourself to be pretty good at airsoft and terrorizing them into never, ever leaving you out as you stand over their bruised bodies and that you're actually interesting and fun to be around.

Of course, this is terrible advice, but advice nontheless.
Besides, video games are real life, but better.
Take a closer look at this text!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #78650 on: July 18, 2014, 06:21:36 pm »

The Rebels reported downing a "military plane" in the same region and time frame (during which no military aircraft are known to have been destroyed) until the story of a lost airliner broke and the reports mysteriously vanished.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #78651 on: July 18, 2014, 06:21:59 pm »

Father has been having issues: unable to keep any sort of food down, extremely high blood pressure spikes, bedridden with pain and sweat....and while it's been on and off after literally a whole month episode it's back and the meds seem to have stopped working
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78652 on: July 18, 2014, 06:22:26 pm »

The Rebels reported downing a "military plane" in the same region and time frame (during which no military aircraft are known to have been destroyed) until the story of a lost airliner broke and the reports mysteriously vanished.
I thought the Russians reported that?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #78653 on: July 18, 2014, 06:24:47 pm »

The Russians reported the Rebel claims.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78654 on: July 18, 2014, 06:26:53 pm »

The Russians reported the Rebel claims.
Checked after posting and you're right.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #78655 on: July 18, 2014, 06:36:14 pm »

What it looks like to me is that someone was stupid enough to give a bunch of idiots access to a second-line SAM system (current reports suggest it was an SA-11 (an older weapon that is mostly retired) instead of the newer SA-17 (an advanced derivative of the SA-11), so it probably wasn't stolen Ukrainian equipment as was first suggested), and those idiots managed to hand the world a perfect excuse for intervention (if not an outright casus belli to Malaysia and every nation that lost citizens on that plane) at a time when both Russia and the Ukraine are moving heaven and earth to paint the other one as the heavy of the piece. Good thinking!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #78656 on: July 18, 2014, 11:04:36 pm »

Past week has been full of crap. Constant arguing between my brother/stepsister and then rest of us, they're trying to make off with as much of our things as possible including my lamp and my mother's electric mixing thingy (for mixing bread batter or whatnot) and the tupperware. Mom is doing terrible, angry or crying or yelling at whoever's around constantly. We can't afford to have her pills refilled because we just threw away the last of our disposable income for the next week to prevent the cabin construction people were buying it from carting it off and leaving us with nothing but a tent. So now were behind on payments for everything else, everybody is miserable, and me and mom are stuck at home because otherwise dad won't have enough money to afford fuel to go to work. The failure to make it to work implying loss of income, which would mean we'd be homeless and have to eat the horses. I was thinking about eating them anyway, just because they're so fucking expensive, but they're the only thing keeping mom happy.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #78657 on: July 18, 2014, 11:57:21 pm »

You see that guy over there? His name is Sam. People sometimes call him IronTomato. He says a lot of big and confusing words. He barely ever talks. When people look at him, he usually looks away. He plays video games a lot, because he's too unmotivated to do what used to be his favorite things. He doesn't really seem to make an effort to interact with anybody. He doesn't really smile or laugh in public, either. What a loser. I wonder why he's like that?

That guy's IronTomato's brother. He smiles and laughs at lots of things. His favorite jokes are jokes about black people and Asian people. He likes to do things that annoy Sam, because he likes the way Sam acts when he's enraged. Don't worry, though, he treats everyone else just fine, except for unpopular people. In that case, he sounds like a fun guy! Let's invite him to our Airsoft game.
Ahh the glory of assumptions :/
*sighs*
*also hugs IT*
Assumptions >_> Why do many people fall back on assumptions and not talk about these things.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78658 on: July 19, 2014, 02:07:36 am »

Father has been having issues: unable to keep any sort of food down, extremely high blood pressure spikes, bedridden with pain and sweat....and while it's been on and off after literally a whole month episode it's back and the meds seem to have stopped working
I hope he gets better soon. :(
* Yoink offers hugs, if needed.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78659 on: July 19, 2014, 02:20:02 am »

Ahh the glory of assumptions :/
*sighs*
*also hugs IT*
Assumptions >_> Why do many people fall back on assumptions and not talk about these things.
Huh? The problem wasn't about assumptions though. It's how people prefer to interact with those who are more outwardly social.

And it's not really fair to blame those people, because it's the only thing you really have to go on from first impressions of how a person is.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 5242 5243 [5244] 5245 5246 ... 8167