Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5236 5237 [5238] 5239 5240 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446109 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #78555 on: July 15, 2014, 09:27:27 pm »

I have this fear that within a few years I'm going to be living with my parents, and everyone's going to be treating me like I'm really lazy and I could just have a job if I worked harder at it or had gotten a smarter college degree.  And I'll want to yell back "I went to a ridiculous pressure cooker of a high school and gave myself a long term stress problem limping along in the highest classes despite having 2 learning disabilities, I am not a lazy person".  But I won't, I'll just be quietly unhappy.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #78556 on: July 16, 2014, 12:11:07 am »

I'm tired. I'm tired and I can't go to sleep for another eight hours because I have to fix my sleep cycle. My joints ache, my head hurts, my thoughts are clouded and everything pisses me off. Anyone have any advice to help me out? Pretty please?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78557 on: July 16, 2014, 12:16:57 am »

-
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 02:25:20 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #78558 on: July 16, 2014, 12:17:20 am »

I'm tired. I'm tired and I can't go to sleep for another eight hours because I have to fix my sleep cycle. My joints ache, my head hurts, my thoughts are clouded and everything pisses me off. Anyone have any advice to help me out? Pretty please?
Watch a movie. Watch many movies. Games and books will tire you out more. Water helps, too.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #78559 on: July 16, 2014, 12:36:15 am »

Watch a movie. Watch many movies. Games and books will tire you out more. Water helps, too.
+1 to water. Movies may not be a good idea. You need to keep your brain active, and actively making decisions.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #78560 on: July 16, 2014, 12:39:47 am »

Games, then. Play games.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #78561 on: July 16, 2014, 01:35:18 am »

Games, definitely. They're the right balance of keeping your brain active and nothing really being at stake. It's too easy to doze off reading or watching a movie, in my experience.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78562 on: July 16, 2014, 01:48:42 am »

Lots of caffein is the best advice I have. Also make sure to never be comfortable and never assume a horizontal position. Listen to loud angry music.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #78563 on: July 16, 2014, 02:15:53 am »

Hands are too small for barre chords without pain. Stupid small hands. It's a good thing I like power chords.
Consider Japanese import guitars with the narrower neck sizes.
Ibanez are reportedly good for having slim necks. Ibanez are a big name and can be found at most music stores, as well as pawn shops or online or whatever. No need to import from Japan.

I use a cheap Ibanez and I quite like it.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78564 on: July 16, 2014, 02:37:25 am »

Hands are too small for barre chords without pain. Stupid small hands. It's a good thing I like power chords.

What do you mean? If that's the case, you either have a guitar that's scaled WAY wrong for you, or you're doing them wrong.
I'm probably doing them wrong, as I've never had lessons. Then again, I'm a little guy using a full-sized guitar, and I can't afford another guitar. I probably just need to regain a little bit of flexibility in my fingers. Maybe I'm just getting old.

Anyway, sad: I had to sleep off a migraine. It's now past 3am and I can't sleep anymore.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #78565 on: July 16, 2014, 03:47:45 am »

Maybe is just because I'm pessimistic, but most of the sads I read here seem to suggest that no matter how much you do, life is still going to be shit.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78566 on: July 16, 2014, 03:57:15 am »

Maybe is just because I'm pessimistic, but most of the sads I read here seem to suggest that no matter how much you do, life is still going to be shit.
Living proof that it's not, here. No matter how bad life gets, you just can't stop fighting. Eventually, you overcome your obstacles. You have to claw and scratch and suffer and bleed and bust your ass to make life work, but you never stop fighting. Never.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #78567 on: July 16, 2014, 04:06:30 am »

Living proof that it's not, here. No matter how bad life gets, you just can't stop fighting. Eventually, you overcome your obstacles. You have to claw and scratch and suffer and bleed and bust your ass to make life work, but you never stop fighting. Never.

MZ, are you an 80's action movie coach?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78568 on: July 16, 2014, 04:07:58 am »

MZ, are you an 80's action movie coach?
I could be, but you'll need to give me a couple of decades. I'm only 30.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78569 on: July 16, 2014, 04:46:47 am »

Or we make a spinoff where the coach is an infant - 80's MZ - and the hero is some fat middle-aged white guy.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 5236 5237 [5238] 5239 5240 ... 8167