Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5195 5196 [5197] 5198 5199 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9439825 times)

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #77940 on: July 03, 2014, 09:12:04 pm »

Sounds like emotional manipulation to me.
emotional manipulation what?

It sounds like she's just saying it to make you feel horrible about yourself and so she'll get her way. Chances are, she's unlikely to do it.

How did you word what you said, if I may ask? :?
Take a closer look at this text!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77941 on: July 03, 2014, 09:12:59 pm »

-
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 06:50:32 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #77942 on: July 03, 2014, 09:13:20 pm »

I don't know much of the circumstances, of course, nor how serious she sounds/seems about it, but it sounds like attention seeking.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77943 on: July 03, 2014, 09:13:33 pm »

Hey all, it's the alt again.  Hi, how are you all?

My sad for the day:
My girlfriend is on the verge of committing suicide over a small disagreement we had.  I asked her to stop texting me for a few hours to let me sort myself out after a stressful day at work, and she got really angry and is now on the verge of committing suicide.

Urk help whadoido?

She goes over the edge over that little of a thing? The best thing you can probably do is get her professional help, or a suicide hotline thing.

4maskedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ghost of Forumites Past
    • View Profile
« Reply #77944 on: July 03, 2014, 09:14:25 pm »

How did you word what you said, if I may ask? :?
Great.  Now I have to go back and look up what I said.

"I'm sorry.  I just need some space right now.  I'm sorry."

Within the context of having a horrible day at work.
A flitting shadow, wandering the hidden paths of the forums.  Long since lost to humanity, it's path follows no discernible pattern, simply observing that which goes on around it.  If you have found it, it is already too late for you, for none may see its silent journey.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77945 on: July 03, 2014, 09:16:22 pm »

That doesn't sound like something that would tip anybody towards suicide. At least AFAIK, then again......

Though beforehand, what was she texting you about (unless too private to give what she was saying)? I don't think we have enough background here.

If you want me to back off from overanalyzing, I will.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 09:17:58 pm by smjjames »

4maskedwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77946 on: July 03, 2014, 09:16:29 pm »

To clarify: she didn't threaten suicide because I said what I did.  She yelled at me for a while afterwards while I apologized, and then I asked her how a relationship is going to work if such a little thing can cause a fight (we've only been dating for maybe a few weeks), and then she said that.  Perhaps I should have framed the question differently or emphasized the whole fight aspect more...
A flitting shadow, wandering the hidden paths of the forums.  Long since lost to humanity, it's path follows no discernible pattern, simply observing that which goes on around it.  If you have found it, it is already too late for you, for none may see its silent journey.

4maskedwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77947 on: July 03, 2014, 09:17:06 pm »

That's why what you said didn't make sense to me: because I wasn't clear in framing the question.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77948 on: July 03, 2014, 09:17:36 pm »

Yeeeah, that's pretty much manipulation.

I'd call her out on it. "Seriously? Kill yourself over *that*? Yeah, right. Call me back when you think of a less stupid lie."

Edit: Yeah, still don't buy it. Sounds like she thought you were going to break up with her, in a "How can we handle a relationship if we have a fight over something like that? [I think this won't work out]" (that part being what she was expecting) and she went to manipulation to prevent it.

Quick question, how does she treat you otherwise? Is she appreciative, or does she expect you to be a lapdog?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77949 on: July 03, 2014, 09:20:17 pm »

To clarify: she didn't threaten suicide because I said what I did.  She yelled at me for a while afterwards while I apologized, and then I asked her how a relationship is going to work if such a little thing can cause a fight (we've only been dating for maybe a few weeks), and then she said that.  Perhaps I should have framed the question differently or emphasized the whole fight aspect more...

So, what did she threaten suicide over? Edit: nvm, reading faliure. Yeah I'd agree it sounds like manipulation.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #77950 on: July 03, 2014, 09:21:18 pm »

Rage trigger topic for me.  It's been used on me before, and I've helped others deal with it since.

You either call that bluff or counter with getting professionals involved.  Either way, do not let it be a deciding factor in any alteration to your behavior or stance on whatever the disagreement was.  Absolutely do not reinforce that shit.  Period.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77951 on: July 03, 2014, 09:23:00 pm »

Manipulation, yes...but she may just have been afraid and so said it. Either way, it isn't on and she shouldn't try to scare someone like that.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77952 on: July 03, 2014, 09:23:34 pm »

« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 06:48:03 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77953 on: July 03, 2014, 09:24:14 pm »

When did I suggest otherwise? Of course call the bluff.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77954 on: July 03, 2014, 09:24:54 pm »

Call the bluff by getting her professional help. :D
Pages: 1 ... 5195 5196 [5197] 5198 5199 ... 8167