Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5178 5179 [5180] 5181 5182 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9433051 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #77685 on: June 28, 2014, 07:29:17 pm »

Sorry, it was "Eye of the World". I read it first as a library book, and since then the first book has always been "From the Two Rivers."

Also, buying a new one isn't the problem. It's losing my book. You know, my book. I don't like anything to happen to them.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #77686 on: June 28, 2014, 07:52:33 pm »

Heh, same here.

I always find that lost books are in the most likely spot, except you never overturned the exact thing that's covering it or the like, if it's any help.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #77687 on: June 28, 2014, 09:46:16 pm »

Stupid, stupid date. Jerk.

What's wrong with people? It's supposed to be a date, not some jerk trying to force himself on me.

So done with dating for a LONG, long time. Depressed, due to this and several other things. Sad, can't focus, don't want to move.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77688 on: June 28, 2014, 10:43:56 pm »

based on what i've been reading on this here forum dates that are not forcing yourself on people/someone forcing themselves on you seldom exist anymore

i blame obama if only because i lost the fucks needed to start ranting a month ago or so

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #77689 on: June 28, 2014, 11:23:14 pm »

War.
It made me sad today.

I just... Why?
Why do we do this?
Because politicians aren't mature enough to settle problems some other way?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #77690 on: June 28, 2014, 11:34:18 pm »

Can't completely blame politicians.  There's all the people that sign up to be soldiers, to fight and die on command.  No soldiers - no war.

And Truean, that sucks horribly.  I so very much want to hear some good news from you some day.  *hugs*
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 11:36:54 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #77691 on: June 28, 2014, 11:46:40 pm »

Sometimes I feel like Vector is the only person who can understand everything LSP says. Everyone underatands Vector because she speaks in a way that our mortal brains can comprehend. Her conciousness is the only one high enough to understand the language in which LSP speaks... to all of us, his posts seem like complete gibberish, too foreign of a concept for us mere mortals to ever understand for real.

Can I have one of those ice cream cones?
Que? It's pretty obvious what LSP says nearly 100% of the time x3
He's right that in mostly all cases--the ones stopping us is ourselves as we have the final choice of things.
Cramps. Ugh. Get along with it. My muscles won't die on me here D:< (they'll just go ouch :I)
He's pretty awesome.
Also no FeTomato, there is no interval on understanding, just viewpoints. :P His posts aren't gibberish.
Just formatted in a different way o-o sans capitalization at times but that's easily pushed aside
Though it is a bit mean when you single out and isolate. :I 'Every'one. 'Only' one. I:

Can't completely blame politicians.  There's all the people that sign up to be soldiers, to fight and die on command.  No soldiers - no war.
Not...exactly :-\
There can be soldiers without war. :v Just that we currently define war as 'human vs human'.
Though war is done over a multitude of factors: most of which cover resource ownership compared to the area's usage of resources.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #77692 on: June 28, 2014, 11:49:39 pm »

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77693 on: June 28, 2014, 11:52:34 pm »

Spoiler: Sads response to sads (click to show/hide)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77694 on: June 29, 2014, 03:13:37 am »

War.
It made me sad today.

I just... Why?
Why do we do this?

...Because it's an integral part of human nature? ???

Speaking of losing precious things, I'm sad that I can't find my iPod. I don't see how I could have lost it, last I remember it was by my computer, but I cannot find it anywhere despite ransacking my flat. I usually rely on that thing.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #77695 on: June 29, 2014, 05:15:34 am »

Reading back on this slightly funny conversation I realized that I would actually be stupid enough to date a straight person by being their "girlfriend"

Oh the joy of gender confusion.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77696 on: June 29, 2014, 05:47:29 am »

War.
It made me sad today.

I just... Why?
Why do we do this?

...Because it's an integral part of human nature? ???
No it isn't :v
It's artificial.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #77697 on: June 29, 2014, 05:51:40 am »

And even if it was, "human nature" is a poor rationalization to tolerate war.

I mean, if we still went with "human nature" we would have lived in caves and don't know what the hell a fire is.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77698 on: June 29, 2014, 06:00:31 am »

I mean, if we still went with "human nature" we would have lived in caves and don't know what the hell a fire is.
That argument makes no sense, sorry.
No it isn't :v
It's artificial.
...No idea what you mean by that.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #77699 on: June 29, 2014, 06:16:11 am »

Well, the principle of "conflict" isn't artificial, that's for sure. Be it natural resources or living space (which boils down to resources too, I guess), the fight for those is ingrained deeply into core of life itself.

But it is also true that the more "civilized" humanity as whole has become, the easier it became for us to secure both resources and living space and the more certain resources become important due to some abstract ideals (or some abstract ideal becoming "resource", huh), the less did conflict start to make sense, you know. Religious wars and conflicts incited due to greed and such. You could argue war is a needed mechanic for population control, but hey, there's 7 billion of us and we are still growing. So it kinda failed in doing that.

I think we can at least agree a world would be a better place if we all would just stop being dicks to each other.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.
Pages: 1 ... 5178 5179 [5180] 5181 5182 ... 8167