Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5171 5172 [5173] 5174 5175 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9426471 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #77580 on: June 26, 2014, 08:36:42 pm »

I used to want to be a psychologist but nowadays I don't think it is a good idea, since it seems like everyone thinks psychologists are actively working against them.

EDIT: grammar is bees.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #77581 on: June 26, 2014, 08:39:28 pm »

"Everyone"
I hate branding people and opinions branding a profession.

Protip: Psych student here. Crossed from PreMed.
And bloody hell no. Psychologists are not working against you. Generally, they work against the intrusive thoughts and/or many complex details which are basically intangible yet determined as causes of action/reaction of a person.

Search up what psychologist means. Please. Do your research before discarding the idea.

Because those ideas which generalize a whole profession...ugh. Speaks of shortsightedness. Yea, there are people who aren't competent in their profession and utterly fail and give it a bad name (in every darn profession -_-), but that does not excuse the merits of the profession.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 08:41:32 pm by Tiruin »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #77582 on: June 26, 2014, 08:40:49 pm »

Lost a co-worker at a rather inopportune time (got fired), Now I have to put off at least reducing my work load to part-time so I can get back into gear with my graphic designing, for maybe a few more weeks than I intended. I'm done with manual labor for now; but my only other out (on a good note) just got delayed for a fair chunk of time.

On the plus side, it gives me a little more time to prepare, and get my bills and such paid off before the turn over. I sorta overlooked a detail or two, so this might be a blessing in disguise.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 08:42:51 pm by Itnetlolor »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77583 on: June 26, 2014, 08:50:43 pm »

"Everyone"
I hate branding people and opinions branding a profession.

Protip: Psych student here. Crossed from PreMed.
And bloody hell no. Psychologists are not working against you. Generally, they work against the intrusive thoughts and/or many complex details which are basically intangible yet determined as causes of action/reaction of a person.

Search up what psychologist means. Please. Do your research before discarding the idea.

Because those ideas which generalize a whole profession...ugh. Speaks of shortsightedness. Yea, there are people who aren't competent in their profession and utterly fail and give it a bad name (in every darn profession -_-), but that does not excuse the merits of the profession.
... Just checking, you do know that Objective was saying "Everyone [else] thinks psychologists are working against them [and they're wrong in thinking that, but this explains why I do not want to become one, as it would mean I would deal with people thinking I'm working against them all the time.]"... Right? You did know that, yes?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #77584 on: June 26, 2014, 08:54:44 pm »

I saw that possibility beforehand...It is very much understandable that that's the intent--yet I chose to leave that if in case the intent was otherwise (meaning: As stated without prior context as to what Objective meant and how he states things], which was what I was aiming at.
That's the fear we've to fight anyways. Countering whatever stigma exists. Reinforcing what is right in that position. A very subtle line between doing the right thing and doing the wrong thing.
Sorry for that if its abrasive, but that was what I was working against [instead of that possibility].
So yeah, I did know that.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77585 on: June 26, 2014, 09:17:05 pm »

Im just gravely depressed right now, nothing seems fun or interesting anymore and I keep getting sadder by the minute. I also have an awful stomach virus, so I can't even focus on half of what I am doing.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #77586 on: June 26, 2014, 09:27:38 pm »

The cat is not the one saying it. My control freak mother is. What I find most amusing is that the cat is having none of it and following her around howling. I know it's technically her cat (one I grew up with actually), and that I'm not there anymore, etc, etc, etc. But it's just odd.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77587 on: June 26, 2014, 09:35:35 pm »

Having none of which?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #77588 on: June 26, 2014, 11:13:37 pm »

There's this DF story I've been trying to find again for a long time, and no matter where I look, I can't find it. It was about a fortress that was invaded by HFS, and everyone died except for one dwarf who killed the lead demon and fell off a bridge, and then he engraved a picture on the floor he hit with an oddly appropriate picture. Does anyone know off the top of their head what that one is called?
Also I need to remember the illustrated community fortress where they refer to liquids as stacks and one of them says "I was fierce with the crops."

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #77589 on: June 26, 2014, 11:22:05 pm »

Damn, I know which one you are talking about!

http://dfstories.com/the-hamlet-of-tyranny/
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77590 on: June 26, 2014, 11:37:11 pm »

The other one is Bravemule I think.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77591 on: June 27, 2014, 12:09:47 am »

Well this has been a spectacularly shitty day, for a number of reasons I either don't want to talk about, or can't really talk about.

And in case this winds up being my last post, it's been fun you guys. You guys have seriously helped me deal with so much shit, and have done so much to help prevent me going insane from lack of talking to people.

I'm just sorry I haven't given back as much as I've gained.
Situation resolved, and it seems I'm not being deported, or any of the other incredibly unpleasant things that could have happened.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77592 on: June 27, 2014, 12:11:34 am »

Well this has been a spectacularly shitty day, for a number of reasons I either don't want to talk about, or can't really talk about.

And in case this winds up being my last post, it's been fun you guys. You guys have seriously helped me deal with so much shit, and have done so much to help prevent me going insane from lack of talking to people.

Situation resolved, and it seems I'm not being deported, or any of the other incredibly unpleasant things that could have happened.
Well, that's good. We'd like to keep you around.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77593 on: June 27, 2014, 12:53:57 am »

At least one person disagrees, but thank you for the sentiment.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77594 on: June 27, 2014, 12:55:35 am »

At least one person disagrees, but thank you for the sentiment.

oi nerd i don't disagree from where do you get this
Pages: 1 ... 5171 5172 [5173] 5174 5175 ... 8167