Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5149 5150 [5151] 5152 5153 ... 8166

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9411893 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #77250 on: June 22, 2014, 10:03:23 am »

Also, heroin does make you do foolish things. Sharing needles is seriously messed up.
So that's what you meant by foolish things.

Heroin is a depressant, meaning that it slows down your central nervous system. This means that you will be "technically" less likely to make you do stupid shit while under the influence. However, din note that alcohol also acts as a depressant.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77251 on: June 22, 2014, 10:04:51 am »

you stayed in the channel for like 4 minutes, that's like looking at a random page of a random thread on a forum and deciding that that forum talks only about the things that are being talked on on that page.
I have been in the channel a lot of time and I would say that there is definitely a lot of WH40k discussion that is completely boring to me.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #77252 on: June 22, 2014, 10:06:12 am »

you stayed in the channel for like 4 minutes, that's like looking at a random page of a random thread on a forum and deciding that that forum talks only about the things that are being talked on on that page.
I have been in the channel a lot of time and I would say that there is definitely a lot of WH40k discussion that is completely boring to me.
yeah, there is a lot of wh40k discussion because some people are running a wh40k game somewhere, nothing to be done about that. but other things are discussed too and eventually said game will probably be over.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77253 on: June 22, 2014, 10:44:58 am »

Sigh. Suicide in the sad thread.

I wonder how many suicidal forumites have gone through with it, and I just haven't known. I've forgotten about them as soon as they stopped posting their cathartic misery here, and they've just faded into obscurity. 'Cos I can't remember a single one.
There has to have been one though. Someone who last posted something suicidal, and then just... stopped. But it's just out of my mind. There's so many names I see, I barely notice when they go, and the only ones who have gone? The ones I miss, that is- they've left with messages of hope.
"I'm moving on from here. I thank you all for your time. I don't need you anymore"
I can remember most of them. But "I'm sick of it. I'm gonna end it" - can't even remember one.

So that's interesting.

On an unrelated note, I always was far too violent to be a suicide (after an initial period of teeny depressiveness). I ended up figuring "If I'm going to die, I'm going to make my family and friends sad. Sure, that's acceptable. What's NOT acceptable is I'll be leaving in the world all of the people who've made me feel this way.
So if I'm gonna off myself, I'm first going to hunt down and kill every son of a bitch making this world not worth living in."
No more suicidal thoughts.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77254 on: June 22, 2014, 10:48:10 am »

you do realize that's the sort of mindset you lose when suicidal thoughts kick in

personal experience m8

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77255 on: June 22, 2014, 10:53:17 am »

I honestly can't quantify it as a yes or no, because I literally stopped having suicidal thoughts as soon as I had that epiphany.
Given that this was right in the midst of when I had bipolar (yes, I'm actually a human being with flaws), I figured it was the cause.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77256 on: June 22, 2014, 10:59:38 am »

Maybe a transition between depression and mania? Because I've sure had those odd few moments when I wanted to run out on the street and beat the next passer-by to a bloody pulp.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #77257 on: June 22, 2014, 11:00:44 am »

People deal with their feelings differently. This appears to have helped Tack and there might be someone else it could help too.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77258 on: June 22, 2014, 11:20:42 am »

The best cure for suicidal impulses is, apparently, homicidal impulses.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77259 on: June 22, 2014, 12:07:40 pm »

this horseradish fucking sucks i just ate a spoonful and it didn't even trigger sinus clearing

wait what is the deschansin doing in the sad thread

* LordSlowpoke glomps the deschansin

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #77260 on: June 22, 2014, 12:17:34 pm »

Oh noes LSP is glomping again!

Also you remember that fight when I supposedly found a picture of you on a pogo stick and all that happened well as it turns out I was playing the game where the pogo guy was from and I sort of beat you up sorry
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77261 on: June 22, 2014, 12:22:25 pm »

Ugh, it feels like all my joints are falling apart again.

I suppose it's a good thing that that's my biggest problem right now, though.

*Worried about everyone else*
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77262 on: June 22, 2014, 12:37:53 pm »

« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 03:09:21 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77263 on: June 22, 2014, 12:40:07 pm »

The best cure for suicidal impulses is, apparently, homicidal impulses.

Literally what my therapist had to spend months teaching me. Seriously, it doesn't make you immoral unless you go and act on it.
Wait. That wasn't one of Descan's jokes? O_o
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77264 on: June 22, 2014, 12:43:31 pm »

« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 03:09:18 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 5149 5150 [5151] 5152 5153 ... 8166