Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5145 5146 [5147] 5148 5149 ... 8166

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9410792 times)

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #77190 on: June 21, 2014, 12:13:07 am »

Some asshole hit my car tonight,

I'm driving down the road, in the left lane, there was a car in the middle lane behind me to my right,
Some guy cuts us both off coming from the opposite direction, making a left turn, crossing in front of us,
I see him and slow down, the guy to my right doesn't see him until the last second and slams on his breaks, and swerves to his left, slamming into the back right side of my car. 

I pulled over, to exchange information,  He stopped for 4 or 5 seconds in the middle of the road, and just speeds off.
I wasn't able to get his license plate.

My car isn't super fucked up,  there is a big dent in the side, and I think my rear axel might be fucked up.

I wish he stopped so I could get his insurance information,  I don't have full coverage, so my insurance won't do anything about it.
It would have easily been a few thousand from his insurance company if he stopped,  he either didn't have insurance, was drunk, or didn't have a license, or I could think of a few other reasons he didn't stop.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #77191 on: June 21, 2014, 12:15:13 am »

My job on the internet is to provide entertainment and cheer people up even they don't feel like talking to real friends, and I'm failing even at that.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77192 on: June 21, 2014, 12:18:09 am »

No it's not. I mean. I am willing to bet it's not.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #77193 on: June 21, 2014, 12:19:17 am »

My job on the internet is to provide entertainment and cheer people up even they don't feel like talking to real friends, and I'm failing even at that.
You're taking a single instance and making it representative of the entire corpus of entertainment/cheer provided EVER. This is a bad color on you. Stahhhhp. :-\

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #77194 on: June 21, 2014, 03:01:43 am »

So today, I flayed the skin from my finger by accidentally sticking it in the fan, sliced my thumb wide open while changing the chicken feed, and on the way back from putting the chickens to bed, stepped on a dead bee. I do not like the color my thumb is turning, and my foot is agonizingly stiff, stung right in the tendon. All these injuries make it particularly hard to sleep.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #77195 on: June 21, 2014, 03:09:45 am »

So today, I flayed the skin from my finger by accidentally sticking it in the fan, sliced my thumb wide open while changing the chicken feed, and on the way back from putting the chickens to bed, stepped on a dead bee. I do not like the color my thumb is turning, and my foot is agonizingly stiff, stung right in the tendon. All these injuries make it particularly hard to sleep.

Have you offended any old ladies lately?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #77196 on: June 21, 2014, 03:11:03 am »

I haven't even met any lately. What kind of things might get into an open wound from chicken poo?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #77197 on: June 21, 2014, 03:12:17 am »

A naked man has few secrets, a flayed man none
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #77198 on: June 21, 2014, 03:13:22 am »

If it makes you feel any better, I once went ice skating and had some other guy crash into my back. I fell and landed tailbone-first on his skate. Naturally, I couldn't sit down for weeks, and had to lie awkwardly in bed to ease the pain.

<snip>
A naked man has few secrets, a flayed man none
Thanks for that, House Bolton.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #77199 on: June 21, 2014, 03:15:52 am »

I haven't even met any lately. What kind of things might get into an open wound from chicken poo?

It's shit. From a chicken. Chickens aren't famed for their amazing hygiene. Salmonella springs to mind, but I think it doesn't ordinarily cause infections in blood unless you are immunocompromised.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #77200 on: June 21, 2014, 04:44:06 am »

Send her a message? Email, facebook, something like that - worked for me once ;)
I try, but it somehow always turns out even more akward than if I would speak to her in meatspace.

Awkward is fine, so long as it gets her to pay attention to you :P

I often INVOKE crazy awkwardness, as a pre-emptive strike against later awkwardness. It works surprisingly well.

Er...note that it should be FUNNY awkwardness, and not "oh shit this guy is gunna raep meh" awkwardness...
Protip: No rape faces.
Why does it sound like this information waste gained through experience :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #77201 on: June 21, 2014, 06:10:09 am »

What kind of things might get into an open wound from chicken poo?

Lots. Cleaning it out with water and an antiseptic is unlikely to be a bad idea.

Anyway, whilst mowing the lawn on the pavement, a somewhat dirty Maltese poodle-ish dog appeared. Some time later, an old guy came up in a car complaining about how naughty it was. Whilst trying to herd it into his car by whacking at it with a length of rubber tubing.

Some people shouldn't be allowed to own pets.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #77202 on: June 21, 2014, 10:35:30 am »

Some asshole hit my car tonight,

I'm driving down the road, in the left lane, there was a car in the middle lane behind me to my right,
Some guy cuts us both off coming from the opposite direction, making a left turn, crossing in front of us,
I see him and slow down, the guy to my right doesn't see him until the last second and slams on his breaks, and swerves to his left, slamming into the back right side of my car. 

I pulled over, to exchange information,  He stopped for 4 or 5 seconds in the middle of the road, and just speeds off.
I wasn't able to get his license plate.

My car isn't super fucked up,  there is a big dent in the side, and I think my rear axel might be fucked up.

I wish he stopped so I could get his insurance information,  I don't have full coverage, so my insurance won't do anything about it.
It would have easily been a few thousand from his insurance company if he stopped,  he either didn't have insurance, was drunk, or didn't have a license, or I could think of a few other reasons he didn't stop.
How's your local police department? If you can spare the time, it couldn't hurt to report the hit and run, give a description of the car, and describe what happened. Especially if you got the car model, which combined with the color and the part of their car that's damaged should help narrow down the range to a feasible one. Doubly so if you even got a partial license plate.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #77203 on: June 21, 2014, 10:48:01 am »

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the person towards whom your disbelief should be directed:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-06-19/ex-goldman-trader-says-bonus-cut-to-8-25-million-unfair.html

This is one of those guys who made a fortune for Goldman Sachs by "shorting mortgages." That is, in plain English, he bet against your mortgages succeeding and basically rigged it so they would fail and so that when they failed, he would make a killing and you'd be screwed. He basically helped cause and certainly benefited from the mortgage crisis and contributed heavily towards screwing over the economy.

For these efforts, he made Goldman Sachs a mint. He got paid a bonus of $8,250,000 in one year alone. As if that wasn't enough, he said it wasn't enough: he's pissed and suing Goldman Sachs for not giving him MORE money. Keep in mind, this individual had been paid more than  Chief Executive Officer of Goldman Sachs Lloyd C. Blankfein as a bonus in 2009....

So to review, he screwed us all, got very very rich off it and doesn't think he got rich enough, so he wants more for having screwed us.

Ah Greed, one of the seven deadly sins.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77204 on: June 21, 2014, 11:16:23 am »

Welp. Time to put my Gloves of Outrage on.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 5145 5146 [5147] 5148 5149 ... 8166