Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5144 5145 [5146] 5147 5148 ... 8166

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9410487 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #77175 on: June 20, 2014, 04:20:42 pm »

Fuck cancer.

Send her a message? Email, facebook, something like that - worked for me once ;)
I try, but it somehow always turns out even more akward than if I would speak to her in meatspace.

Awkward is fine, so long as it gets her to pay attention to you :P

I often INVOKE crazy awkwardness, as a pre-emptive strike against later awkwardness. It works surprisingly well.

Er...note that it should be FUNNY awkwardness, and not "oh shit this guy is gunna raep meh" awkwardness...
I stay very, very far away from anything that could be considered creepy. Maybe a bit too much so but I have literally no experience in this.

And thanks, I'll try.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77176 on: June 20, 2014, 05:15:44 pm »

« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 03:12:14 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77177 on: June 20, 2014, 08:56:29 pm »

:c

My sad: my gradma's ever increasing "forgetfulness" is now confirmed as dementia.
My condolences.
Must be one of the most horrible ways to go, as far as relatives etc. are concerned. My grandmother went pretty quickly around four or five years ago, and died two days before Christmas last year. She was pretty far gone, though, so it was pretty much a good thing - my grandfather bloomed afterwards, even though that's a harsh thing to say.
Looking on the bright side, I'm just glad it wasn't Alzheimer's disease - until the day she died, she felt safe in her environment, and she could cope with what happened around her. She never was scared, or hostile - I guess she knew she was slipping away, and so voluntarily started relying on other people more and more. Definitely not something she would've done without seeing a very good reason.

I hope she and your family will be able to cope with her illness, and that you'll be alright. It'll be tough, but I'm sure it'll turn out - not all right, but as good as circumstances permit.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #77178 on: June 20, 2014, 10:01:58 pm »

Okay, so. I guess I need to remind myself sometimes that I have legitimate mental illnesses, because I got complacent and I damn near broke down at work today. I'm not entirely sure why. I'm just so fuckin' depressed and upset with everyone right now. I don't want to see anyone or talk to them. I just want to be alone, and angry, and sad. Fuck.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77179 on: June 20, 2014, 11:02:11 pm »

Is it bad that I can no longer feel emotions? Like, I just feel empty all the time? Because I think that's bad.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #77180 on: June 20, 2014, 11:04:27 pm »

Is it bad that I can no longer feel emotions? Like, I just feel empty all the time? Because I think that's bad.
It's not permanent though.
But yeah, it's...'bad'. :-\ As in, not good for holistic growth.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77181 on: June 20, 2014, 11:08:46 pm »

It's not permanent though.
But yeah, it's...'bad'. :-\ As in, not good for holistic growth.
Meh. I guess. It's actually kinda nice though, not having to care about things.

Anyway, that's not a sad topic, I'll stop derailing your sad thread.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #77182 on: June 20, 2014, 11:10:15 pm »

I think you might want to read this.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77183 on: June 20, 2014, 11:11:59 pm »

I think you might want to read this.
Ah, yes, that thing. I've read it many times. And it actually doesn't seem to apply, for reasons and stuff. Because cycles and shit.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #77184 on: June 20, 2014, 11:23:14 pm »

Oh, okay. Sorry.

I don't have anything else to help, I guess.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77185 on: June 20, 2014, 11:27:28 pm »

Oh, okay. Sorry.

I don't have anything else to help, I guess.
Lolz you people.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77186 on: June 20, 2014, 11:31:14 pm »

Is it just good emotions? Can you not feel bad ones as well?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77187 on: June 20, 2014, 11:32:24 pm »

Is it just good emotions? Can you feel bad ones as well?
Nope. No emotions.

Also, I had no idea you poked your head in here. Hello, and why don't you explain to Tiruin why you are murdering her.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77188 on: June 20, 2014, 11:36:48 pm »

Ah, too bad. I guess I don't have any meaningful advice other then perhaps getting into politics.

And yeah. I spend more time in GD then anywhere else on bay12. Although it's been a long time since I was a prolific poster.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77189 on: June 21, 2014, 12:10:58 am »

« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 03:12:12 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 5144 5145 [5146] 5147 5148 ... 8166