Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5096 5097 [5098] 5099 5100 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9529930 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #76455 on: June 11, 2014, 12:37:51 pm »

It's hard to make a very good minimalist RTD by virtue of them being minimalist.

why yes i tried

* LordSlowpoke puts on sunglasses

you can't see me staring at you with utmost intensity and the expectations heightened to the level where they left orbit and are headed to crash into a spaceship headed to alpha centauri therefore fucking up ten hours of somebody's caveman to cosmos session when i have these on THEREFORE

* LordSlowpoke takes off sunglasses

okay my expectations aren't that high but that was a nice thought to humor

i know you're a silly enough bastard that you'd make it work if you wanted to though

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76456 on: June 11, 2014, 12:39:01 pm »

YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #76457 on: June 11, 2014, 12:40:38 pm »

after a brief analysis it turns out minrtds are the same reheated stuff ever since the first generation died off

where is the messiah this bullshit genre needs but doesn't deserve
I was making it but then I was lazy.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #76458 on: June 11, 2014, 12:42:18 pm »

It's hard to make a very good minimalist RTD by virtue of them being minimalist.

why yes i tried

* LordSlowpoke puts on sunglasses

you can't see me staring at you with utmost intensity and the expectations heightened to the level where they left orbit and are headed to crash into a spaceship headed to alpha centauri therefore fucking up ten hours of somebody's caveman to cosmos session when i have these on THEREFORE

* LordSlowpoke takes off sunglasses

okay my expectations aren't that high but that was a nice thought to humor

i know you're a silly enough bastard that you'd make it work if you wanted to though
...I should really get the RTD Library up soon so y'all could see what a good minimalist is.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76459 on: June 11, 2014, 12:43:19 pm »

A dead minimalist?

*runs away*

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #76460 on: June 11, 2014, 12:46:08 pm »

-snip-
Also everyday life increasingly bores me. It's always the same dullness. Doesn't mean I feel nothing, but eh.
-snip-

Can I just say that I thought exactly like this throughout my high school career up until I graduated. Which was literally about 4 days ago. Not just the "everyday is the same" sentence but the entire "I'm not as good as everyone else so I'm absolutely terrible, inadequate, and completely boned" mentality. After graduating I suddenly feel way more positive now that the constant burden of school is off my shoulders for a while. Moral of the story being that "It gets better."

It sounds like the perfectionistic society in South Korea is really getting to you. Maybe once you graduate you could move somewhere where they aren't as uptight about success? You could come to America! Probably way less perfectionist than South Korea's system.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #76461 on: June 11, 2014, 12:46:30 pm »

Nah, I agree with you there Darvi--I'm also somewhat biased against minimalists because of the..ugh-y ness most bring.

But there are gems in the rough.

-snip-
Also everyday life increasingly bores me. It's always the same dullness. Doesn't mean I feel nothing, but eh.
-snip-

Can I just say that I thought exactly like this throughout my high school career up until I graduated. Which was literally about 4 days ago. Not just the "everyday is the same" sentence but the entire "I'm not as good as everyone else so I'm absolutely terrible, inadequate, and completely boned" mentality. After graduating I suddenly feel way more positive now that the constant burden of school is off my shoulders for a while. Moral of the story being that "It gets better."

It sounds like the perfectionistic society in South Korea is really getting to you. Maybe once you graduate you could move somewhere where they aren't as uptight about success? You could come to America! Probably way less perfectionist than South Korea's system.
She IS aiming to go to America silly Cat! :P

Bad thing, Korea's (and we're talking about South Korea :v) education system right now is...whack. Whoever the 'experts' were who thought of copying designing such a system...have their credibility shot and thrown with a milestone in the lake.
Because thrice damn. That education system is [crap].
LET'S COMPARE EVERY STUDENT'S WORTH TO EVERY OTHER STUDENT AND JUDGE THEM BY THAT! THAT WORKS! :D

But yes, it does get better.
Just persevere through that 1 (or 2?) last year, Skyru...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 12:49:05 pm by Tiruin »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #76462 on: June 11, 2014, 12:50:58 pm »

I dislike going to school.

But I prefer it to the big ol' scary world. I like my schedule, even when I don't like it, if that makes sense?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #76463 on: June 11, 2014, 01:01:20 pm »

She IS aiming to go to America silly Cat! :P

Excellent! I see my brainwashing was successful. Another glorious immigrant to assimilate into the glorious 'murrican motherfatherland of apple pies and freedom-burger-fries. [/patriotism] [/satire]

I dislike going to school.

But I prefer it to the big ol' scary world. I like my schedule, even when I don't like it, if that makes sense?
But when you're out of school you have the freedom to make your own schedule to impose on the big scary world.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #76464 on: June 11, 2014, 01:24:15 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sorry for the whiny rant. It's cathartic, at least. I guess I am a teenager, I guess. The thing is, I don't think I've ever really talked much about my personal issues. Not even that much to my family. My mind can be a little echochamber of self loathing and pity in alternation, so an outlet is probably needed at some point. Usually I stop myself before posting a rant cos I get worried no one is going to care or it's right after someone posting about their dad dying so I would just look like a complete bastard.

It's weird, I was having a really good day yesterday. Guess what comes up does come down.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76465 on: June 11, 2014, 01:29:05 pm »

« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 07:21:11 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #76466 on: June 11, 2014, 02:26:12 pm »

Oh.

And whoopee!

* IronTomato waves a tiny flag

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #76467 on: June 11, 2014, 02:45:33 pm »

Found out my cat is dying.

After the last one died in September, I can't even.

Both never even reached one year old
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #76468 on: June 11, 2014, 02:53:49 pm »

All this reactions from people make me feel like an attention seeker.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #76469 on: June 11, 2014, 02:58:42 pm »

Or you're underplaying the importance. It is a serious matter, not something trivial.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 5096 5097 [5098] 5099 5100 ... 8169