Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5091 5092 [5093] 5094 5095 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9441040 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #76380 on: June 10, 2014, 02:53:46 pm »

I'm caffeine free and I can say it doesn't help with stress or bad experiences. :P

...Wishing you well Vector. if it matters at all

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #76381 on: June 10, 2014, 02:55:21 pm »

I want to do some jump roping but my body is still recovering from the jump roping I did 2 or 3 days ago. :c
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76382 on: June 10, 2014, 03:34:56 pm »

My official workday is till 3PM, but I stayed till 9PM and I still didn't do everything I was supposed to do today. It's been like this for the past week or so. Tomorrow my day will be starting with getting a lecture about my job performance, as usual.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #76383 on: June 10, 2014, 06:22:27 pm »

Eh... I can start sleeping, and I've been giving myself plenty of time, but I keep waking up in the middle of the night repeatedly, having nightmares, being unable to sleep as long as I need to.
It... might not help, but when I go through periods of waking up during the whole sleep thing, I've found that just... adjusting to it, helps. Plan things out so you expect to wake up after X hours of sleep, so you've got enough time to twiddle around for an hour or two and then go back to sleep for a while and still be up and about when you need to be. Definitely has helped me a bit when I go through the occasional months long stretch of being completely unable to sleep longer than 2-3 hours at a time. Which is good, because the couple times that happened before I started trying to roll with it, it about drove me literally insane. Fighting it was not pleasant, and there's been a couple summers I pretty close to completely incapacitated because of it.

I've seen some things that suggest we're actually intended, insofar as biological norms go, to wake up part way through the night for a little while and uninterrupted 6-8 hours or whatever is unusual, rather than what we should be aiming for.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #76384 on: June 10, 2014, 07:01:42 pm »

It would be really nice to be able to sleep.

Get a massage, maybe? Or have a friend drive you around in the back seat for a bit at night?
Stretch a bit or vent with a friend?
Sorry Vector.

This is all kinda... I mean, assuming actual insomnia, it's kinda like saying "oh, when I get a broken arm I just fix it!". It might be an actual medical whosit.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #76385 on: June 10, 2014, 07:05:27 pm »

It might be. And if it's not, I'm sure she'll be glad we gave suggestions. If it is medical, then the least she knows that people care and are trying to help in anyway possible, even if it is unrealistic.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76386 on: June 10, 2014, 07:21:38 pm »

« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 07:21:00 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #76387 on: June 10, 2014, 07:26:56 pm »

I could advice that you've got all the power that is present to aid yourself in such situations...
But my wording sucks. >_>and I've little faith in my own words given the continuation of what most people say here anyway despite it being quite much of a good thing here
and I can't even word THAT right!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #76388 on: June 10, 2014, 08:37:11 pm »

Someone just jumped off the tallest building on campus
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76389 on: June 10, 2014, 08:40:14 pm »

That really sucks. What a waste of a life.

Are there exams going on in your area right now? Because they just finished in mine. I remember my mother telling me how they always used to guard the clocktower at exam time for that reason.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76390 on: June 10, 2014, 08:42:11 pm »

Did they survive?

I doubt it, but you never know.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #76391 on: June 10, 2014, 08:44:11 pm »

It's in the midst of finals week, yes. And I'm just about to leave for my last one before I'm done with this year, but holy fucking shit if there ever was a distracting thing on my mind before the test. You always hear about these things happening but then it actually does and just holy shit.

Did they survive?

I doubt it, but you never know.
It was from 8 stories up. They pulled they sheet up :(
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76392 on: June 10, 2014, 08:48:17 pm »

Yeah, there's always someone who has the stress just get too much. Pretty damn tragic, really.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #76393 on: June 10, 2014, 08:50:50 pm »

I have not been able to sleep or really eat properly for quite some time either Vector. I hope knowing there are other people out there at least somewhat like you helps a little bit.

Lately, I've been drinking less soda and tea, and more just straight water. That tends to make my stomach and anxiety calm down.

I also fall asleep with an earbud in and listen to something off youtube like maybe [searches for something quickly] this?:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgjmhbkPVAI

If you don't like that one, then there are a ton of others that might do the trick for you.

Also progressive muscle relaxation seems to help quite a bit actually. I found it really sorta difficult to do anything with it at first, because it was odd for me to have to think about consciously relaxing various muscles.

Edit: Damn, Ok. I post something and get then there are three replies before I even post. :( Clearly, bad things category.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 08:53:45 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #76394 on: June 10, 2014, 08:55:01 pm »

A friend was going to talk to me about something that was troubling them and then went offline before they could tell me what was up... :<
Pages: 1 ... 5091 5092 [5093] 5094 5095 ... 8167