Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5066 5067 [5068] 5069 5070 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9429655 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #76005 on: June 03, 2014, 03:52:28 am »

-snip-
*hammers -erase memory- button*

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #76006 on: June 03, 2014, 09:29:43 am »

Two days ago the cows broke out. Four heifers amongst the neighbour's herd. Neighbour didn't mind, we thought it would be easy enough to get them in. And so it was. We got two into the yard, though the other two got away. Now, during this time I should have been revising, because my exam was the next day. But it wasn't going to take that long.

I spent the day chasing those bloody things through hedges that didn't have holes until they made them, rivers that they miraculously jumped without killing themselves and fields with grass being grown for hay. We called it quits, went home and I got a few hours revision done before collapsing in exhaustion on my bed. Did exam early next morning (Got up at seven twenty) and walked to the bus stop. Then walked from the bus home. Got home. Round two with the bloody heifers!

We gave up earlier this time, but I'm still exhausted and have an exam tomorrow I haven't even revised for yet,a and am trying to gather the will power to revise for.

I swear, I'm investing in tranquiliser darts.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76007 on: June 03, 2014, 09:35:19 am »

I saw a friend for the first time in five years last night. It was a great day, and a great evening.

Until I ended up drinking "fake" beer. It gets you drunk, but fucks you up TERRIBLY. I didn't realize that's what I'd had until after I woke up. My girlfriend called her Ma to help restrain me after I got back around midnight, because I was being an insane fucking asshole. Not violent, just dumb. Dumb, dumb, dumb. Messed up the whole apartment and got blood on the walls, broke shit. What the fuck, seriously...

Permanently damaged my relationship with my girlfriend and her family. Was going to get engaged soon.

:( Hope you can patch things up with them.
Maybe fib a bit and explain that your drink was spiked, or someone else bought it for you and told you it was something else? Anything?

Edit: Re: sleeping apparatus, at the moment I sleep with a blanket or two... mercifully it's not too cold yet. I hope it doesn't get much worse. I often get sick lying still in bed for hours at night when the weather's cold, these days. When it's nice and warm I sleep with either a thin sheet, or nothing. 

« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 09:37:55 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76008 on: June 03, 2014, 09:36:21 am »

I saw a friend for the first time in five years last night. It was a great day, and a great evening.

Until I ended up drinking "fake" beer. It gets you drunk, but fucks you up TERRIBLY. I didn't realize that's what I'd had until after I woke up. My girlfriend called her Ma to help restrain me after I got back around midnight, because I was being an insane fucking asshole. Not violent, just dumb. Dumb, dumb, dumb. Messed up the whole apartment and got blood on the walls, broke shit. What the fuck, seriously...

Permanently damaged my relationship with my girlfriend and her family. Was going to get engaged soon.

:( Hope you can patch things up with them.
Maybe fib a bit and explain that your drink was spiked, or someone else bought it for you and told you it was something else? Something like that?
Is there a point in lying? It's not like the story is one that puts blame on Kamin anyway.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76009 on: June 03, 2014, 09:39:29 am »

Well, it might seem irresponsible of him to be drinking miscellaneous liquor without realising what it was.
We don't know if his GF and her family are the sorts to even approve of the kind of drunkenness that leads one to do that sort of thing, anyway, even if it isn't directly affecting them. Lying usually helps most situations, I find!
Booze is Life for Yoink

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76010 on: June 03, 2014, 09:42:52 am »

I find honesty to be the hard but correct path to walk. MOST of the time. There are exceptions.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76011 on: June 03, 2014, 09:45:35 am »

Well, it might seem irresponsible of him to be drinking miscellaneous liquor without realising what it was.
We don't know if his GF and her family are the sorts to even approve of the kind of drunkenness that leads one to do that sort of thing, anyway, even if it isn't directly affecting them. Lying usually helps most situations, I find!
It was counterfeit beer. The label would have looked passable and stuff. People fail to notice them all the time.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76012 on: June 03, 2014, 09:51:13 am »

Oh, okay... I thought when he said "fake" beer, that meant some sort of cheap alternative that tries to emulate beer's effects or something, not something maliciously disguised. Surely it shouldn't be too hard to gain forgiveness, in that case?
Booze is Life for Yoink

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76013 on: June 03, 2014, 10:10:22 am »

It sounds like he went  on a rampage in the house. That memory won't fade soon from his GF or her family. It will fade after a bit, but no explanation will get rid of it. It will help, however, that they know he didn't simply just get roaring drunk.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #76014 on: June 03, 2014, 10:17:11 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I am reasonably sure that that is a fake comic, though.

Still sad :<

Follow up to story, alternative ending

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #76015 on: June 03, 2014, 11:06:42 am »

Finding it increasingly difficult to "hang out" or otherwise meaningfully interact with my roommate (a friend that I've known since high school and whom I've lived with intermittently for about 8 years between then and now).

He comes home, makes a sandwich, then proceeds to play either Skyrim or Hearthstone until about 1am, when he goes to bed. Attempts to engage him in conversation while he's playing are futile. Attempts to do any kind of co-op gaming are limited at best (a little bit of Borderlands 2 here, a little Monaco there). I even tried playing some Hearthstone against him, but after he dropped two legendaries on me in the first six rounds (I've barely even gotten a starter deck put together), I ragequit and found something else to do.

When my kids are here, he vanishes to his girlfriend's apartment for a day or two. When we go out to eat, he's mostly absorbed in his smartphone.

Now I'm just trying to save up enough money (and get a raise at work) so I can afford to get my own place.  :-\

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76016 on: June 03, 2014, 02:44:46 pm »

Urgh, I've done it again, it's almost 6AM and I'm not asleep. I'm stuck in the vicious circle of not-sleeping-well.
...Crud. I have stuff I want/need to be doing.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #76017 on: June 03, 2014, 02:45:17 pm »

Urgh, I've done it again, it's almost 6AM and I'm not asleep. I'm stuck in the vicious circle of not-sleeping-well.
...Crud. I have stuff I want/need to be doing.
Have you tried mayonnaise and hookers :/?

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #76018 on: June 03, 2014, 02:51:47 pm »

Today my ex's roommate just gave me a whole story that I want to slap her. Apparently , she was seeing a guy the last week I was dating her, who is her roommate's ex who's only in for the sex. So this goes on for awhile and her roommate never told me anything. So last week, 9 days exactly (9 is a kind of odd number for me, as I'm Norse and everything works in 3s and 9s quite often) she starts dating another guy and we argued and haven't spoken since (I had no idea she was seeing another guy at this time) and so during that time, she keeps seeing that OTHER guy and her new bf and last night, she breaks up with her new bf (it has been roughly 6 weeks since me and her started dating, 3 weeks since we broke up, and last week was when she started dating this guy) and she ends up getting picked up last night by that other guy. And what happens? Her roommate explodes on me saying this is ALL my fault and that she would have that guy my ex (not confirmed yet) slept with and that me and my ex would still be together.

And the worst part? I cannot fathom myself to lose this girl. I spent the last 9 days hardly eating and drinking anything, never leaving my room and talking to people as little as possible. And then all that grief to find out that everything is my fault? Because I said something stupid (I told her and her roommate that every ex I had cheated on me, this streak apparently continues) and now it's all my fault!? I held back my tears from being upset all day at work, my food tastes like poison and I feel ready to vomit at any moment...

what do I do now? I'm done having relationships... If every girl I get with is just going to cheat on me and use me then why the fuck do I even try? I have no idea what to do, becuSe I can't leave her but I know she's a poison to me... I loved this girl and everyone (our friends, my parents, her dad, both of our grandparents, and even random people we met only one time) say that we look and would be an excellent couple together... It's like if you had this thing you saw was perfect, and everyone else saw it too suddenly turned to Hel in your hands...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #76019 on: June 03, 2014, 02:58:50 pm »

I...have little experience on the matter but I could suggest that you take up the matter with her and what she's doing--what it's doing to all those she interacts with (and if it doesn't work with her {in which I suggest you explain diplomatically, in the best way you can without any malice}, then probably talk to someone nearest to her [like a parent or relative]).
...Not all girls are like that, though. :-\
I believe its in their values. Their character.
Spoiler: My context on that (click to show/hide)

Given your story, I hardly see any fault with you there that it is nonexistent when I was reading what you're saying. Maybe he's moving the blame to you given his feelings[--though...it doesn't sound serious](?). Probably also talk to someone regarding your distress or sadness--someone you know can help, you trust, and who would take that matter with an open-mind, as an aid.
Pages: 1 ... 5066 5067 [5068] 5069 5070 ... 8167