Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5056 5057 [5058] 5059 5060 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9438368 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #75855 on: May 30, 2014, 09:26:25 pm »

-outstanding advice snip-
I've thought many things similar, but didn't want to say them, lest I become 'the enemy'.

Your ex was a bad boyfriend. Why should that make you scared to leave the house? He's not your problem anymore.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 09:42:05 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #75856 on: May 30, 2014, 10:41:28 pm »

http://www.thehotline.org/

Do you have text message capabilities?
No

http://www.wikihow.com/Text-Message-Online

There are other methods as well.
If you're comfortable saying, what exactly happened that made you call the police?

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #75857 on: May 30, 2014, 11:07:13 pm »

I just realized that anytime something upsets me or even if I'm just crestfallen for some unknown reason that the feeling is always laced with anger.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75858 on: May 30, 2014, 11:21:28 pm »

« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 09:58:54 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #75859 on: May 30, 2014, 11:58:54 pm »

Sorry to everyone having emotional stuff right now.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #75860 on: May 31, 2014, 12:22:48 am »

Your ex was a bad boyfriend. Why should that make you scared to leave the house? He's not your problem anymore.

Because if I run into him on the street, then I will have a really bad panic attack/dissociative episode, which is terrifying and very bad every time it happens. He used to live 15 minutes away from me walking. I could avoid his house, etc. Not knowing where he lives means I don't know where to avoid. Fortunately I'm moving away from this area in a couple days. I know he's still in the area, if not precisely where, and I will never come back here. Then this part of it won't be my problem anymore.

*digital hug*

I do think relocation is a step you need. Away from your parents, your ex, and all the toxic associations that have built up there for you.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75861 on: May 31, 2014, 12:44:34 am »

Because if I run into him on the street, then I will have a really bad panic attack/dissociative episode, which is terrifying and very bad every time it happens. He used to live 15 minutes away from me walking. I could avoid his house, etc. Not knowing where he lives means I don't know where to avoid. Fortunately I'm moving away from this area in a couple days. I know he's still in the area, if not precisely where, and I will never come back here. Then this part of it won't be my problem anymore.

*digital hug*

I do think relocation is a step you need. Away from your parents, your ex, and all the toxic associations that have built up there for you.
Hear hear.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75862 on: May 31, 2014, 01:03:49 am »

« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 09:58:52 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #75863 on: May 31, 2014, 01:13:16 am »

I hope it's a good weekend. May freedom be awesome to you, once that weekend's over.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #75864 on: May 31, 2014, 01:15:14 am »

I'm bored even while idly working on coding...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #75865 on: May 31, 2014, 01:50:57 am »

Fortunately, that will be happening on Monday.
Glad to hear that Vector! :D
Tiruin, you're one of the most compassionate and helpful people I've ever seen/heard from/whatever.

Not that that's a sad thing, but it kinda fits in here.
Not...not really. But thanks :)
There are many people who wish to aid but fear to say the wrong thing and make it worse--that's exactly how I felt (sans PMs) but I just went on with it and used my best..intuition-ment? to do it. My best guess...or well, whichever I know that would possibly aid in the situation.
Though I'm pretty much ok with whatever backlash would happen--just tell me peoples if what I say is totally wrong. I'll learn from it.

Sad: Aunt is back in the hospital due to...probably complications post-stroke.
We don't know the cause but :-X
And she is a real good person. Argh.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75866 on: May 31, 2014, 02:29:13 am »

Just Cause 2 is not NEARLY as fun as I expected. Been wanting to try it for over a year, finally fired it up tonight, and found it to be nigh-unplayable :(
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75867 on: May 31, 2014, 05:12:22 am »

Just Cause 2 is not NEARLY as fun as I expected. Been wanting to try it for over a year, finally fired it up tonight, and found it to be nigh-unplayable :(
Unplayable?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #75868 on: May 31, 2014, 05:15:57 am »

Unplayable?
What Grak said. I really enjoyed that game, though it grew repetitive after a whole bunch of hours and near 100% completion.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #75869 on: May 31, 2014, 07:28:25 am »

Why is it so hard to feign positivity?
I'm trying to act more cheerful so that people will like me more, but then it would be a matter of time before I spout out something cynical.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 5056 5057 [5058] 5059 5060 ... 8167