Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5041 5042 [5043] 5044 5045 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446141 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #75630 on: May 28, 2014, 12:48:50 am »

I am at my wit's end about what I could conceivably do to help out with all the trouble that some Bay12ers are dealing with lately. I'm praying to whatever benevolent being that may or may not exist in this world to help them because I can't. I'm not even religious.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #75631 on: May 28, 2014, 12:53:31 am »

Wow, Imperial guard your dad sounds like a right asshole. I hope you call the police, I'm sure they would help. I hear they take child abuse cases very seriously in the states.

Anyway, I hope you get help and get out of that hellhole of a house.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #75632 on: May 28, 2014, 12:54:39 am »

Yeah. Good luck, everyone.

Tiruin, you rock.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #75633 on: May 28, 2014, 12:58:48 am »

I don't feel like Imperial Guardsman is willing to call the police, but yeah, I'm supporting that suggestion as well.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75634 on: May 28, 2014, 12:59:59 am »

If he's actually black, he could just live in a hate state.
In which case, you have my sympathy.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75635 on: May 28, 2014, 01:41:49 am »

First of all: All those methods do not help you at all in regard to your frustration. If you wish to give pain onto others because you yourself were hurt...then I do daresay now, that will not lead to anything good for you. Venting in that manner is...destructive and malevolent, and mayhap, not lead to any sort of good development or growth from it.

You should realize, that hurting others because you were hurt or causing such grief to them will not aid you despite its notion of macabre...fun.
Just like to add that there's quite a large body of scientific evidence that says that venting anger generally makes the problem worse. The feelings of relief you get from expressing your anger are very short lived, and you often wind up chasing greater and greater expressions of anger to try to get it.
Dealing with anger through acts of destruction, anger, and abuse is just not healthy.

On the other side of the coin, it's worth saying that not expressing your emotions can also be unhealthy, so a good middle ground is probably learning to express yourself as angry, and then dealing with it in a constructive way.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #75636 on: May 28, 2014, 01:45:30 am »

Err, yeah. Forgot to add in the postiive alternative :x
Bottling up your emotions aren't good either...

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75637 on: May 28, 2014, 03:35:09 am »

wow

an hour ago or so i were happy and enjoying life and then i went outside

i still manage to get surprised at how good this place is at draining all positive emotion

fuck why can't i live in a state in which a hikki can survive in i would go outside never

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #75638 on: May 28, 2014, 03:40:57 am »

wow

an hour ago or so i were happy and enjoying life and then i went outside

i still manage to get surprised at how good this place is at draining all positive emotion

fuck why can't i live in a state in which a hikki can survive in i would go outside never

Take a vacation to.. somewhere else?
That could help.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #75639 on: May 28, 2014, 06:06:33 am »

I can't even make a turn in a fucking succession game without giving up because what I feel like doing is so goddamn wishy-washy.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75640 on: May 28, 2014, 07:40:38 am »

The moment I finish downloading all of Phantasy Star Online 2 JP, their servers suddenly go region lock, forcing me to use a VPN if I wanted to play, pretty much like the hassle of playing Kantai Collection outside Japan. Sega knows how to kill moods, yeah.

Hell, I've never been lucky with the PSO series.

In PSO1 for the Dreamcast, the console suddenly dies at De Rol Le.
In a shady copy of PSO1 with Episodes 1 and 2 for the Xbox Original, I can't access the fifth world in the original game and can't access the last area in Episode 2.
Episode 1 fails to work outright.
And now... this.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #75641 on: May 28, 2014, 07:53:42 am »

If he's actually black, he could just live in a hate state.In which case, you have my sympathy.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #75642 on: May 28, 2014, 08:52:54 am »

I can't even make a turn in a fucking succession game without giving up because what I feel like doing is so goddamn wishy-washy.
That's the entirely wrong attitude, BFEL! Come now, for Necrothreat III you're pretty much required to take a turn, and it shall be your all-necroing hand that will start it.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #75643 on: May 28, 2014, 08:58:34 am »

The more I read internet arguments, even on this forum, the more I feel that it is impossible to have a debate on the internet. No-one can ever just back down from something. It's like the Cold War except it's about women's rights or your favorite pokemon.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #75644 on: May 28, 2014, 09:12:06 am »

The more I read internet arguments, even on this forum, the more I feel that it is impossible to have a debate on the internet. No-one can ever just back down from something. It's like the Cold War except it's about women's rights or your favorite pokemon.
Good thing its just a feel and not something you begin to treat as fact--it is very possible to have a debate on the internet, but I'll argue that negativity hits the news and brings many eyes to its focus, enlarging how...prevalent it is.

Problem being, that kind of debate (ideas about the rights of people and their context) is a common problem right now (less so about favorite pokemon. Nobody is starting a war because of Pikachu.). Usually, when one side does not cede or give way in an argument, its either that they believe their stance is resolute--whether or not there is directly contradicting evidence--or that the basis of the debate, or to put it more harshly, an argument, is too general to reach a standpoint. [Meaning: Lacking of specifics, like people relying too much on statistics--given that statistics is empirical data translated to numbers. Most of the times, these lack context on the whys and hows the event occurs but rather only gives a superficial or basic idea on the case.]

Though it is very muchly possible to have a clean and clear, pleasant debate on the internet. Don't let bad events muddle your viewpoint on this.
Pages: 1 ... 5041 5042 [5043] 5044 5045 ... 8167