Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5040 5041 [5042] 5043 5044 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446968 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #75615 on: May 27, 2014, 07:23:14 pm »

A fucking psychiatrist.

Only reason I'm alive to type this today.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #75616 on: May 27, 2014, 08:04:25 pm »

A fucking psychiatrist.

I secretly want to visit a psychiatrist to see if I can slowly drive him/her to insanity or to misery.
Should I feel bad about this?
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75617 on: May 27, 2014, 08:14:44 pm »

You want a psychologist. Psychiatrists are actual doctors - think pills and hospitals, not Freud.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #75618 on: May 27, 2014, 08:31:16 pm »

I'M CUTTING INTO MY FUCKING ARMS AND LEGS, OPENING UP SCARS
Get. Help.

I cant claim I've been there, but I've been in similarly bad places - and let me tell you, you need to get help. Before something worse happens.
WHO DO I EVEN ASK FOR HELP
Forgive me if you've mentioned this before, but has your dad met requests to see a doctor with the BS he usually gives you?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75619 on: May 27, 2014, 08:41:22 pm »

« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 11:12:31 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75620 on: May 27, 2014, 08:59:58 pm »

Generally people who deal with this sort of thing are a good place to start. So, social services, police, psychiatrists... the people people on bay12 have been saying. Delaying it's not going to be good for your health-physical or mental. If your dad tries to stop you, fuck him. Seriously, fuck him. Do not put authority over your health.

This. I understand you're 13 years old and still quite young, but at this point of abuse, you have to stop putting up with that guy's shit if it's absolutely decimating into a wreck. You might not trust your teachers, school admins and police, but are you sure you're willing to keep living with a mentally caustic beacon of hatred all your life?

Seriously, ask the people who specialize in helping to help you, and if you're ready and willing, tell the police.

A fucking psychiatrist.

I secretly want to visit a psychiatrist to see if I can slowly drive him/her to insanity or to misery.

As much as there are really subpar doctors out there, this isn't an excuse to make someone else's life miserable. You're not the only patient, and professionalism only lasts for god-knows-how-long. You making the doctor miserable somehow will affect everyone who use that doctor's service.

And I'm not going to reiterate what Vector just said.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #75621 on: May 27, 2014, 10:30:33 pm »

Should we have a separate embarrassment thread? Because I'm not sure embarrassment entirely meshes with this one.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #75622 on: May 27, 2014, 10:37:10 pm »

Yes, you should. "I want to abuse someone to amuse myself, should I feel bad?" Fucking listen to yourself.

Well now I know that I seem to have a problem. :o thank you.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75623 on: May 27, 2014, 10:39:03 pm »

« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 11:12:23 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #75624 on: May 27, 2014, 10:40:37 pm »

Should we have a separate embarrassment thread? Because I'm not sure embarrassment entirely meshes with this one.
Well, I suppose you could post it in the rage thread, if it's what I'm thinking. Seriously though, my bad. I need to make sure I'm in the right tab.

Well now I know that I seem to have a problem. :o thank you.
The, uh, timing on that one was a bit bad. All the... Word that means I have the feels for you to the people that have needed one. Hope things get better for you, IG. Take these guys' advice. And gals.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Take a closer look at this text!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75625 on: May 27, 2014, 10:41:04 pm »

Psychiatrists actually have extremely high suicide rates.
What you were planning isn't actually a difficult challenge. You'll just be causing grief to another psychiatrist amongst all of the psychiatrists in misery.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #75626 on: May 27, 2014, 11:06:03 pm »

You know what makes me sad? when someone has a problem and they don't know it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #75627 on: May 27, 2014, 11:49:01 pm »

>Punishment for spitting on a wad of tissue, soaking it in water, and throwing it at someone, then loudly calling them a filthy nigger in the hallway : Nothing
>Punishment for vocally expressing I disapprove of this : Yelled at, threatened with detention
IM FUCKING VENTING IN THE RAGE THREAD AND ITS DOING NOTHING. I NORMALLY EXPRESS MY THOUGHTS IN WRITING BUT MY FUCKING DAD IS MAKING ME STOP BECAUSE HE WORD FOR WORD THINKS THAT BOYS WRITING MAKES THEM FAGGOTS. I'M CUTTING INTO MY FUCKING ARMS AND LEGS, OPENING UP SCARS, AND DRINKING ENTIRE LITERS OF SOFT DRINK JUST BECAUSE I CANT DO ANYTHING BUT FUCKING TYPE. IM GRIEFING SMALL BYOND SERVERS TO HELL AND BACK, LAYING DOWN, NOTHINGS WORKING. I. CANNOT. VENT. MY. SHEER. GODDAMN. FRUSTRATION.
First of all: All those methods do not help you at all in regard to your frustration. If you wish to give pain onto others because you yourself were hurt...then I do daresay now, that will not lead to anything good for you. Venting in that manner is...destructive and malevolent, and mayhap, not lead to any sort of good development or growth from it.

You should realize, that hurting others because you were hurt or causing such grief to them will not aid you despite its notion of macabre...fun.

Go. Tell. Someone. In. Authority. Like whomever we advised before! Police foremost--I've heard you're American, the police there are trustworthy. The bad news about police only hit the indecent few who are idiots enough to destroy their purpose and profession. Go to one of your school counselors--if in doubt if they're any good, greet them with kindness and ask. Drop that fucking attitude of swearing hate and anger. That gets you nowhere and in fact, is a reflection of whatever bad things were done to you. Ignore those thoughts to swear out your pain. You're seeking for help? Then seek it without malice.
We're here to help, but you can only be helped if you choose to be helped and act for it.

So don't question if its doing 'nothing' if you don't do anything about it--sometimes answers to your own problems come in analysis of your own words. Your dad has a...problem, one that should be approached open-mindedly, yet one that should also be approached with help from someone who both has the tools and knowledge to help. Self-cutting does not help. Drinking anything other than water does not help. Griefing by the very word itself does not help (unless you really want to hurt others...>_>).
Laying down and resting does help, if you stop focusing on the pain for a moment and think of a solution for it.
Just focusing on it would generally keep your mind attached to the feelings and emotions...attached to that event that caused you pain. Focus on something else--keep a tranquil mind, then think about what you're going to do.

If you shall vent, do it not in an uncouth manner.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #75628 on: May 27, 2014, 11:51:25 pm »

What Tiruin said. All of those words are valuable.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #75629 on: May 27, 2014, 11:55:27 pm »

Bless you, Tiruin
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*
Pages: 1 ... 5040 5041 [5042] 5043 5044 ... 8167