Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5031 5032 [5033] 5034 5035 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9423271 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #75480 on: May 26, 2014, 03:04:32 pm »

:( I'm sorry to hear that, Cheese.
Hopefully you can catch a break sometime soon.

Litterally the only thing I own in this house is a desk and a computer, There is NOTHING to do  in the house but sleep, and even thing my aunt is watching fucking Jerry Springer full blast, and I cant go outside unless I bring my little brother or my father, who will annoy the shit out of me or push me around and repeatedly call me a pussy and a faggot, respectivally.

How come you can't go outside on your own? Just... go for a walk.
Or do you live in an area where that would be a Bad IdeaTM?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #75481 on: May 26, 2014, 03:08:05 pm »

How come you can't go outside on your own? Just... go for a walk.
Or do you live in an area where that would be a Bad IdeaTM?
A-fucking-gain, my father is a hyper paranoid skitzo who would grab me by the neck and throw me into a wall again if I even asked.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75482 on: May 26, 2014, 03:09:37 pm »

If it's that bad, shouldn't you be contacting the authorities? :-\
No matter where you live, I'm pretty sure beating on your child like that would be very much a crime.

Edit: even if the physical violence part was exaggerated, you shouldn't have to ask this guy to go outside for a walk. How old are you? You seem reasonably mature, judging by the quality of your grammar and spelling. I'm going to assume you're at least over ten years old.
Booze is Life for Yoink

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #75483 on: May 26, 2014, 03:13:14 pm »

Litterally the only thing I own in this house is a desk and a computer, There is NOTHING to do  in the house but sleep, and even thing my aunt is watching fucking Jerry Springer full blast, and I cant go outside unless I bring my little brother or my father, who will annoy the shit out of me or push me around and repeatedly call me a pussy and a faggot, respectivally.
How old are you, Imperial? Ever thought of getting emancipated? Getting the police involved at all? CPS? If you can get your hands on any recording device you could start recording their verbal abuse and use it as evidence in a CPS case. I'm assuming you're not 18 or you would be out of there at the soonest possibility.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75484 on: May 26, 2014, 03:13:44 pm »

hey
yo
hey
hey
hey
hey yo
hey yoink
hey
hey
hey guess what
hey
hey yoink
hey hey
hey
yo
sup
hey
listen
hey
listening
good
ok
HELICOPTER PARENTS ARE A THING.
How old are you, Imperial? Ever thought of getting emancipated? Getting the police involved at all? CPS? If you can get your hands on any recording device you could start recording their verbal abuse and use it as evidence in a CPS case. I'm assuming you're not 18 or you would be out of there at the soonest possibility.
13, and I would be accousted by him if I even went for anything with the capability to record.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75485 on: May 26, 2014, 03:14:40 pm »

...Your dad is a helicopter? ???
Now I'm just plain confused. This isn't another sequel to that terrible Cars movie, is it?
Booze is Life for Yoink

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75486 on: May 26, 2014, 03:15:15 pm »

...Your dad is a helicopter? ???
Now I'm just plain confused. This isn't another sequel to that terrible Cars movie, is it?
Its a metaphor for parents that ALWAYS hover over you, like a helicopter.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #75487 on: May 26, 2014, 03:15:40 pm »

I can't remember seeing any posts from you actually describing your situation in the first place...
Maybe I simply missed them in the pages that invariably crop up whilst I'm asleep, but how am I supposed to offer support and sympathy for something I don't know is happening? But anyway, I'm sorry to hear how miserable/angry you are.

Try finding something unimportant and breaking it- rubbish or some such. Even just some sticks or whatever, as long as you can let your frustration out without damaging anything valuable or hurting anyone.
IG's posts were in the chunk that got removed for moderation, as was some of the support. The were there, but they are gone now.

IG, do you have anything really, really durable (i.e. won't break and get you in trouble) that you could punch out your anger on around the house? Sometimes it's cathartic to hit something for a while.

EDIT for ninja posts: Helicopter parents are parents always doting around their children, trying to micromanage their lives.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75488 on: May 26, 2014, 03:18:41 pm »

Oh, right.
Even if you can't use a phone without them hearing you, I'm sure such agencies and such could be contacted online. Right? I guess it's still a scary thing to do, though... but it sounds like the situation is already really bad. Can you find a website for the local law enforcement/child protection services, or something? If there's actual physical violence involved, it seems like you should be getting out of there ASAP before the guy hurts you.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75489 on: May 26, 2014, 03:19:05 pm »

Yes, I used to do that, but I started getting in trouble in school, and my Dad assumed it was because of the punching bag I kept, so he sold that and threatened to sell my computer if I acted up again.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #75490 on: May 26, 2014, 03:20:58 pm »

Yeah, there's so much a group of faceless people online can help you. Have you tried talking to the school counselor? If your school has one and they are any good,s aid counselor should be experienced in dealing with exactly this kind of problem.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75491 on: May 26, 2014, 03:22:09 pm »

« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 11:14:21 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #75492 on: May 26, 2014, 03:24:07 pm »

I can't remember seeing any posts from you actually describing your situation in the first place...
Maybe I simply missed them in the pages that invariably crop up whilst I'm asleep, but how am I supposed to offer support and sympathy for something I don't know is happening? But anyway, I'm sorry to hear how miserable/angry you are.

Try finding something unimportant and breaking it- rubbish or some such. Even just some sticks or whatever, as long as you can let your frustration out without damaging anything valuable or hurting anyone.
Erh, the whole thing got deleted back there.

Reason to speaking: Calm down before posting. Nobody here is armed to hurt or maim (or anything which your mind may say to aggravate your condition). Also if there's physical violence...it should in the very least be reported (if not to the authorities, to any relative who coul dintervene)

Edit: Grah bad net 504'd

@Cheese:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75493 on: May 26, 2014, 03:24:43 pm »

I don't say anything to people unless I am certain I can either trust that person entirely or I am fully anonymous.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #75494 on: May 26, 2014, 03:26:09 pm »

Like...any relative of your family or the local authorities or probably anyone that could help you there? :-\
Pages: 1 ... 5031 5032 [5033] 5034 5035 ... 8167