Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5030 5031 [5032] 5033 5034 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9423025 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #75465 on: May 26, 2014, 02:47:28 pm »

Was this massacre thing recent?
Because these have been happening a lot in America lately. Almost makes me worry someone might have a 'I hate tourists' moment and go M16 on some of my friends.
Also makes it tempting to take a quick trip over to the Westboro baptist church with something kaboomy.

This most recent one happened two evenings ago.

BTW guys I'm not talking about feminism because I want to use this for political fodder... it's because I'm scared and I'm wondering about prevention. This particular incident was a little bit closer to home than the other ones. I've been sending Facebook messages to my close friends who I thought might have had something happen in their friend circles, and fortunately everyone is okay... but this is still terrifying.

Also, for those who thought he would have benefited from better mental health care, please read this article. Please.

Sorry for the accidental confusion I sparked, I actually was not referring to anyone here. What actually irked me was hearing a father of one of the guys killed turn a conference into an anti-gun issue. Alright, fine, feel free to have an opinion, be it 'BAN GUNS' or, I dunno, 'VIDYA GAMES EVIL, GO TO CHURCH' or whatever, feel free to invoke the incident in the debate on the topic later, but I find it at least distasteful to do that in this way, so early.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75466 on: May 26, 2014, 02:49:08 pm »

Realizing that I cant even let off steam through playing games. I got banned from a server by a shitmin I really hate, and my little brother comes and laughs about it.
I respond by cracking him upside the head with his tablet, destroying it.
What ever happened to you supporting me, Bay? Whatever happened to that 2 pages worth of help you promised me?
How are we supposed to prevent you from getting banned and destroying tables?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #75467 on: May 26, 2014, 02:50:35 pm »

Realizing that I cant even let off steam through playing games. I got banned from a server by a shitmin I really hate, and my little brother comes and laughs about it.
I respond by cracking him upside the head with his tablet, destroying it.
What ever happened to you supporting me, Bay? Whatever happened to that 2 pages worth of help you promised me?
How are we supposed to prevent you from getting banned and destroying tables?

We are also, surprisingly, not telepathic.

yet
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #75468 on: May 26, 2014, 02:50:46 pm »

No, you completely forgot about me, what I said to whoever I started the mini flame war was entirely true. Oh someones in trouble better cheer them up and go on with my life because fuck em its all about me

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75469 on: May 26, 2014, 02:52:00 pm »

Didnt even get a post in the thread or PM saying HOW YA DOING IG HOPE YOU ARE BETTER, entirely ignored. Im out of games to play, the tablet is destroyed, and at this point Im just full on bottling up my fucking rage waiting to release it.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #75470 on: May 26, 2014, 02:52:56 pm »

No, you completely forgot about me, what I said to whoever I started the mini flame war was entirely true. Oh someones in trouble better cheer them up and go on with my life because fuck em its all about me

What you're saying doesn't even make sense. If it was 'fuck em its all about me' then nobody would bother to cheer anyone up.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #75471 on: May 26, 2014, 02:53:39 pm »

Then vent on the Rage thread?

How many people in trouble have you sent a PM to, asking if they were better, anyway?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75472 on: May 26, 2014, 02:53:53 pm »

« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 11:14:23 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75473 on: May 26, 2014, 02:56:05 pm »

Fuck the entire concept of humility, I want to laugh but the only thing I feel is anger towards my brother and fear of my own fucking father.
The support I want is something to even give me a reason to stay alive.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #75474 on: May 26, 2014, 02:58:14 pm »

You can't ask for support from the people you are insulting. The Forum doesn't revolve around you. If you want help, post about it, Pm about it, and someone will help as best they can until it is resolved. But simply telling people you expect them to be leaping in with unasked for support is just ridiculous.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #75475 on: May 26, 2014, 02:59:48 pm »

@IG: I'd like to say now to in the least get off the keyboard and spend at least 5 minutes not focusing on whatever is causing your anger (even if its your surroundings as far as I can tell). From what I've seen--and that is post-modintervention is that your anger due to those around you is spilling out.

And it's collaterally caustic. Toxic. And really not doing anyone good.

We are open to aid. I even sent a PM bloody hate my internet in checking about that PM :I but let me say this:
The anger levels you have there are getting out of hand. Physical violence, emphasis on that.
Whatever is angering you now-hold it off for the moment. Nothing will explode in the next hour unless action is taken to do so.
Calm down, then type.

@Dwarfy: I could understand his viewpoint though. The reputation B12 has gotten is about the aid it gives, inferring from IG's post. Problem is how its worded--I'm unsure where the promise came from, nor am I sure where he asked for aid, but the...well the first post I'm seeing on this page is a threat out of the blue.

In which yeah. Help comes to those who ask of it. Anger will just push everything and sweep it away.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 03:01:59 pm by Tiruin »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75476 on: May 26, 2014, 03:01:04 pm »

The Tiruin is wise. Listen to the Tiruin.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75477 on: May 26, 2014, 03:01:25 pm »

I can't remember seeing any posts from you actually describing your situation in the first place...
Maybe I simply missed them in the pages that invariably crop up whilst I'm asleep, but how am I supposed to offer support and sympathy for something I don't know is happening? But anyway, I'm sorry to hear how miserable/angry you are.

Try finding something unimportant and breaking it- rubbish or some such. Even just some sticks or whatever, as long as you can let your frustration out without damaging anything valuable or hurting anyone.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75478 on: May 26, 2014, 03:02:01 pm »

Things have not been going so well at all.
I just feel terrible, and all this stress is driving me slowly insane. I'm really running out of options as to what I can do now, I've tried practically everything short of dropping a tactical nuke on my life, and everything I've tried has only been making things worse, and I don't know how much longer I can do this.
And I'm once again sitting outside, this time in the rain, with the Internet connection to the library failing every 6 seconds.

I am so tired of all this, and I just want to give up.

...And now I'm reading back through here, and seeing what's happened while i've been gone.

Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75479 on: May 26, 2014, 03:02:58 pm »

Litterally the only thing I own in this house is a desk and a computer, There is NOTHING to do  in the house but sleep, and even thing my aunt is watching fucking Jerry Springer full blast, and I cant go outside unless I bring my little brother or my father, who will annoy the shit out of me or push me around and repeatedly call me a pussy and a faggot, respectivally.
Pages: 1 ... 5030 5031 [5032] 5033 5034 ... 8167