Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5023 5024 [5025] 5026 5027 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9421113 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #75360 on: May 24, 2014, 10:04:09 pm »

(I tried to remove the extraneous insults.)

How come my post got removed? There weren't any insults in there AFAIK.

Never question toady one the great, he knows all, and he smells nice.

It probably just got caught in the middle of a chunk that he removed. It's not a big deal anyhow.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75361 on: May 24, 2014, 11:04:59 pm »

Just broke up with someone and effectively cancelled my own vacation. Thing is I would have dated them if I lived nearby, but I'm in too much debt to move anywhere near them. Now I'm not even sure if they'd be alright with just being friends.

Debt sucks. It really does. I hate myself so much for doing this. Emoticons aren't even fitting for this kind of sadness.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #75362 on: May 24, 2014, 11:31:43 pm »

All these sads make me sad, regardless of comparison or any other logical state.

Yet I am unsure how words can express anything I'd like to say or express that "I care".

So I hope a hug or the very idea of it will do.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #75363 on: May 25, 2014, 12:40:44 am »

My great grandmother passed away last night. We were meant to go up to see her today because we haven't seen her in a while and now we can't. What is really upsetting me is that the things I feel the most are anger and regret. What the fuck is wrong with me?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #75364 on: May 25, 2014, 12:43:23 am »

All these sads make me sad, regardless of comparison or any other logical state.

Yet I am unsure how words can express anything I'd like to say or express that "I care".

In the infinite black horror of a mind rent by despair and misery, there blooms a little light. Small and pitiful, it is nothing on it's own. It is only a messenger. A gift from another mind. Two small words that mean more than can ever be explained adequately, "I care." Those two words have a power beyond their meek and unimpressive stature. Men have shifted mountains and crossed oceans, braved perils untold, because of those two words. I care. I may not be able to help. I might just make everything worse if I try to help. But for all that, I have support to offer you. A tiny, pitiful light in the darkness of your personal hell.

I care.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75365 on: May 25, 2014, 12:44:30 am »

My great grandmother passed away last night. We were meant to go up to see her today because we haven't seen her in a while and now we can't. What is really upsetting me is that the things I feel the most are anger and regret. What the fuck is wrong with me?
Nothing's "wrong" with you, emotions are confusing, muddled things at the best of times, and moreso in times of tragedy.
My condolences to you, man. :(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #75366 on: May 25, 2014, 12:47:20 am »

That's rough. Mine passed away only 4 weeks after a visit, and I was worried exactly that would happen. There's nothing wrong with you. Regretting is perfectly understandable, but don't beat yourself up. The timing cannot be helped.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #75367 on: May 25, 2014, 01:10:48 am »

My granny died in hospital around Christmas, but she'd been living with us. Her lips were pale. Her face was pale. I didn't think it was life threatening, but she was a very old woman. I keep thinking if I'd acted sooner, told my parents sooner, she may have survived. But these regrets only came later, at the time I felt upset but other than that rather emotionless.

Sometimes it takes a time for emotional turmoil to die down.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75368 on: May 25, 2014, 06:39:05 am »

Well, today was lost to hangover recovery and now I'm craving a burrito for some reason, despite having already eaten. Probably because I got paid today and have money for burritos. :P
Nearest burrito place is closed, anyway.
Booze is Life for Yoink

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #75369 on: May 25, 2014, 06:40:48 am »

Try drinking more water first. You could just be thirsty.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75370 on: May 25, 2014, 06:50:01 am »

I'm not complaining about the hangover, just the sudden hunger. :P
I'll drink some water anyway, never hurt.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #75371 on: May 25, 2014, 06:56:06 am »

In the infinite black horror of a mind rent by despair and misery, there blooms a little light. Small and pitiful, it is nothing on it's own. It is only a messenger. A gift from another mind. Two small words that mean more than can ever be explained adequately, "I care." Those two words have a power beyond their meek and unimpressive stature. Men have shifted mountains and crossed oceans, braved perils untold, because of those two words. I care. I may not be able to help. I might just make everything worse if I try to help. But for all that, I have support to offer you. A tiny, pitiful light in the darkness of your personal hell.

I care.
^

:'(

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #75372 on: May 25, 2014, 09:42:20 am »

I care.
^

:'(
Tiruin, I regret that I can only type what I feel. Hang in there and support these people as much as you can, this might ease your emotions.

gtaguy

• Bay Watcher
  • {Curly Brace}
    • View Profile
« Reply #75373 on: May 25, 2014, 09:48:58 am »

That I'm still permenatly crippled.

Also that America has large internet monopolies and the web service is slowly getting shittier.
Quote from: GoldenShadow
I don't understand why you need magma.
Quote from: Duuvian
Well done OP, you've inadvertently weaponized ghosts.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75374 on: May 25, 2014, 11:37:37 am »

Sometimes I come into this thread and am either saddened at the state of lives or horrified at tragic events. Unfortunately I am far more often annoyed at angst, worried about attempted suicide or sickened because of fishing.

Hans, you've made me feel humbled and it's a rare gift this thread gives me which is probably why I keep coming back here.
Thank you
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 5023 5024 [5025] 5026 5027 ... 8167