Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5018 5019 [5020] 5021 5022 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9427827 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #75285 on: May 23, 2014, 01:14:37 pm »

I'm not sure what to do with myself.

I had been going to my counselor for a while now, and he's beating the medication horse pretty hard.

He had given me a number to an actual doctor that would set me up with some anti-depressants or something of that nature. I don't know if I should or not, I just want this misery in my life to be over, but I don't want the act of raising myself up out of it to be demeaned through an artificial measure.

I desperately need advice.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #75286 on: May 23, 2014, 01:16:38 pm »

I don't see anything demeaning in taking antidepressants to end depression. I personally think you should definitely go for it.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #75287 on: May 23, 2014, 01:18:55 pm »

I learned how clubbing is such a meaningless exercise if you:
A. Have little to no social skills with women
B. Are in a country where all the women would rather go with the 'exotic' white guy
C. Have no sex appeal

Bleh. It seems the only women I'll ever have fun with are the women I pay for.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #75288 on: May 23, 2014, 01:20:16 pm »

I hate the stigma around medications and what it does to people. :/

Go get a prescription. It's not demeaning to fix a chemical imbalance, and you're not less of a person because you are unable to change the physical make-up of your brain through sheer willpower.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75289 on: May 23, 2014, 01:22:18 pm »

I don't see anything demeaning in taking antidepressants to end depression. I personally think you should definitely go for it.

My problem is that I'm not sure if it's even necessary. Like, if things are going OK in my life, then yeah I feel ok and good. It's just that I just hate my lifestyle and my loneliness, so I'm just always morose and negative.

EDIT: I do feel like an OK person, just that I'm stuck acting like a depressed person due to my circumstances.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #75290 on: May 23, 2014, 01:29:25 pm »

I'm literally graduating in 2 weeks. Most of my classes are just watching movies. Those are advanced classes who are just watching movies, btw. High school's over. On to "High School Round 2: This Time You're Paying Shitloads of Money For It!"

High school is not an excuse for not doing anything productive with my life. The problem is that I'm not meeting my absurdly high perfectionistic expectations for myself. Then I make myself feel bad. It's a long story and I don't feel like explaining every little psychological issue, when I already have to do that to the psych. The problem is I'm a pessimistic, perfectionistic socially awkward loner who hasn't accomplished anything in those 4 YEARS of time. I haven't done anything I'm proud of, I haven't done anything I think gives my life meaning. And my future is pretty much more years of me being an underachieving pessimistic perfectionistic socially awkward loner. It's not particularly exciting to think about.

I'm probably just way too burned out from high school and angsting about crap on the internet. Whatever.

I will say one thing though.
Dude, wasting time is practically the point of high school.
If that's the point of 4 years of a person's life then that's utterly worthless and pointless. I can just as easily compare various other moments in life to this argument. "Wasting time is practically the point of hobbies." or "Wasting time is practically the point of getting a job and making money." or "Wasting time is practically the point of being a kid." or "Wasting time is practically the point of life in general." and I really don't like that. I could do something about that, go out and change my life or something, but if I haven't done it already I probably won't do it tomorrow either.

EDIT: The problem is probably that I'm too hard on myself. There. Case closed, problem solved.
I really can't think of anything I ever accomplished in high school. Made a couple of pretty cool low-budget videos in TV/Film class, I guess. Oh, and finally kissed a girl (that was very close to the end). Other than that, not a lot of milestones.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #75291 on: May 23, 2014, 01:30:04 pm »

I still think you should go for it. From my perspective, as a person who is not a councilor, it sounds like you feel bad about being depressed, which you shouldn't. Besides, antidepressants don't suddenly become lethal if you find another way to feel better.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #75292 on: May 23, 2014, 02:07:31 pm »

So the girl I've been interested was finally at work the same time I was there. Thing is, she was just starting her shift, and mine was just ending. I panicked on the inside, since it seemed my opportunity had come up a bit unexpectedly. So I finished off the last few minutes of my shift with some busywork while I thought of what to do, and I eventually decided I would be Mr. Smooth and buy something so I could ask her out at the register.

But when I got to her register and as she was checking me out, I froze up. Suddenly I was filled with all kinds of doubt: self-doubt, doubt if it would be worth pursuing a relationship, doubt about whether it was even a good idea to ask out a coworker, and the fact that there was a counter between us and some guy behind me made me feel like the situation wasn't right for it. So I paid for my stuff, went to my car, and felt like a dumbass.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile
« Reply #75293 on: May 23, 2014, 02:17:57 pm »

This.  Anti-depressants are a tool.  If you need to drive a screw, is it somehow demeaning to use a screwdriver?  Technically, you could use your bare hands - it's just exceedingly difficult.
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #75294 on: May 23, 2014, 03:39:18 pm »

[redacted]
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 03:41:39 pm by Objective »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #75295 on: May 23, 2014, 03:40:19 pm »

Real men drive screws with a hammer.
You aren't fucking helping his case. Think before you post?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75296 on: May 23, 2014, 03:41:41 pm »

This is why I never reply to this thread.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #75297 on: May 23, 2014, 03:42:02 pm »

sorry.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #75298 on: May 23, 2014, 03:42:47 pm »

This is why I never reply to this thread.
Yes, Darvi, its OBVIOUSLY all your fault that idiots you don't even KNOW are clogging the thread with off topic comments.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #75299 on: May 23, 2014, 03:44:24 pm »

Hey, that's raeg thread material  ;D

/Nottryingtoinflameangeritsajoke
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian
Pages: 1 ... 5018 5019 [5020] 5021 5022 ... 8167