Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5014 5015 [5016] 5017 5018 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9430183 times)

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #75225 on: May 22, 2014, 12:35:51 am »

I'm wasting my life.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #75226 on: May 22, 2014, 01:08:15 am »

Isn't it funny how just seeing an old crush's face on Facebook makes you want to shoot yourself.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #75227 on: May 22, 2014, 01:15:30 am »

Isn't it funny how just seeing an old crush's face on Facebook makes you want to shoot yourself.
Personally I just get jealous of the fact that they're out doing shit with their lives and they're happy. Makes me want to punch them in the face. Or punch their happiness in the face. Either or.

Shooting myself over it would be an overreaction that is illogical and unnecessary. Not saying I haven't thought like that though. Emotions and hormones can screw a person's head up.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #75228 on: May 22, 2014, 01:21:58 am »

...You lack the context of this, I see >_>
You could add that it was a bad experience and some stuff on why this in the sad thread.  :-\

*pats*
Don't kill yourself over that. Impulsive thoughts are 99% not good in the situations they come up in.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75229 on: May 22, 2014, 03:19:06 am »

Old crushes smell of failure. My failure, that is.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #75230 on: May 22, 2014, 04:37:11 am »

One moment I just want them to be happy, and the other moment I want to kick them into a ravine.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #75231 on: May 22, 2014, 09:23:49 am »

A couple years back I managed to spend some time talking with my old crush in person, and I eventually realized something: even though we seemed to have a bunch in common, we weren't really compatible on a personal level. Realize you might have dodged a bullet in not getting involved with them, and you'll probably end up meeting someone much better for you than they could ever be.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #75232 on: May 22, 2014, 09:25:13 am »

A couple years back I managed to spend some time talking with my old crush in person, and I eventually realized something: even though we seemed to have a bunch in common, we weren't really compatible on a personal level. Realize you might have dodged a bullet in not getting involved with them, and you'll probably end up meeting someone much better for you than they could ever be.

This. :X There's usually a good reason you didn't work out.

FFS. Why did this have to be the topic of conversation.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #75233 on: May 22, 2014, 09:29:08 am »

Or gotten married for 10 years and had two kids and *then* come to that realization.  :-[

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75234 on: May 22, 2014, 09:46:22 am »

Shitballs, I have stuff I should be doing but I'm so tired.
The problem is that I feel like that all the tiiiiiiime these days. :C
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75235 on: May 22, 2014, 11:42:08 am »

Getting screamed at because the temp agency hasn't called me back. I phoned the place, and they have nothing in my area at the moment.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #75236 on: May 22, 2014, 01:22:03 pm »

On the one hand, I didn't get the apprenticeship. On the other, it's because I'm apparently overqualified.

Overqualified is sometimes "employer speak" for they think a person is just trying to use the job as a temporary stopping point to get noticed or some experience that'll let them get a better job, so they won't be stuck there for as long as they want and will move onto greener pastures soon. Considering that's the point of apprenticeships...I guess they think you'd actually be able to go straight into the work-after-the-apprenticeship?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 01:23:36 pm by MorleyDev »

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #75237 on: May 22, 2014, 01:25:20 pm »

Like, your negative vibes are messing up my positive aura, man.

Didn't mean it as a negative thing. Aren't apprenticeships are temporary things that you do for experience and to get noticed? So to be overqualified for that would mean...well, being able to do the actual job?

Though I am reminded of one of the good trenches strips where they say the character is overqualified, and he replies "I will hit my head on this table until I am as stupid as you want me to be!". That one made me laugh :)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 01:26:52 pm by MorleyDev »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75238 on: May 22, 2014, 02:04:26 pm »

Ugh. I hate the flu.

Better now than in a few weeks, I guess. Missing book club was irritating, but I'd rather miss book club than exams.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75239 on: May 22, 2014, 02:17:49 pm »

I have a job application I should really hand in, but it seems a waste to walk an hour to get to the place only to hand in a sheet of paper and walk all the way back.

I don't really have any drive or desire to do things.
Pages: 1 ... 5014 5015 [5016] 5017 5018 ... 8167