Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5004 5005 [5006] 5007 5008 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9437052 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #75075 on: May 19, 2014, 12:44:52 am »

i'd comment, but then i'd rather wait a week until they've actually returned so they have a chance to respond

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #75076 on: May 19, 2014, 03:16:18 am »

I think I'm going to just curl up and cry. I hate my hormones.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75077 on: May 19, 2014, 06:31:30 am »

In the end
everything was worthless

worthless worthless worthless worthless worthless worthless worthless eworthless wirhtkess
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #75078 on: May 19, 2014, 06:36:58 am »

I have a feeling I should reread The Hobbit. Because I don't remember Smaug being too... significant a character. He's found, woken up, then reportedly terrorises people then gets shot and dies. I can't imagine how you'd make a film out of that.

His conversation with Bilbo is far more interesting in the novel, shows more depth. He is not just some wild beast; besides having a lot of personal power he is also damn clever and very good at scheming, and it shows there. Also of note, in the novel Bilbo is invisible all along, which is both the reason why he stays alive during the conversation and why they're having a conversation in the first place... both Bilbo and Smaug are trolling for info, and Smaug is stalling around and trying to locate him in the shadows.
Bilbo's encounter with Smaug is my favorite, most memorable part of "The Hobbit", and the movie doesn't live up to what I held as standard :(

PD: Here's a link to google books if anyone who hasn't read the novel is curious
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 06:39:14 am by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #75079 on: May 19, 2014, 09:54:14 am »

Just remember that your whores are supposed to moan, and that eventually it won't feel so crappy when they do.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75080 on: May 19, 2014, 09:58:46 am »

So a variety of birthdays happening in the last two weeks and subsequent presents I've 'chipped in' on have left me with a massive debt spread amongst many friends and family, all of whom I've promised to pay next payday.
Which would be fine, I can do without food for a surprisingly long time, except I also promised my roommates I'd do the next grocery buy after payday.

So I end up having to choose which one of my peer groups I'll lose faith with.

Oh man, I hate those sorts of situations. :-\
Can't you just explain to your roommates and beg their forgiveness or something?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #75081 on: May 19, 2014, 11:04:21 am »

Getting bombarded with constant nightmares about things I know myself or others should never do and waking up feeling like they'd do exactly what they did in my dreams makes you a little paranoid...

I started to cry when I dreamed my ex was was texting me that after she left me, she went for her co-worker that she keeps telling me about and that they slept together already and that I was a worthless piece of s*** that shouldn't deserve to live. Because my mind works this way, I immediatley proceeded to grab the knife in my room (hunting knife I always have near me for "reasons") and I stabbed myself, instantly shooting myself awake... I then get a text from her 2 minutes upon awaking and without even seeing what she wrote, I bawled my eyes out...

But there was a good thing about this, because it wasn't what my dream said she would text me about (something completely different btw). I swear to god, I need to find a way to stop having these damned nightmares every night...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #75082 on: May 19, 2014, 11:56:47 am »

I would suggest paying for the food.

For one, you live with these people. If either group would get angry, then the people you don't actually live with are "better" to make angry, if only for your sake.

And the other is... Food is needed to live!

Either way, you'd pay them eventually, correct?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #75083 on: May 19, 2014, 12:09:53 pm »

I have a good GBA emulator, but I can't think of any games to really play on it. All I've really done so far is Megaman X and then added cheat codes randomly until the game started to break.

Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga.

Pokemon Saphire/Ruby/Emerald.

Past that, everything else has been recommended :P

Metroid Zero Mission! Absolutely a must-play.
Or Pokemon RomHacks.
If you're talking about GBA4ios, I have it too.
Thanks guys, I'll check it out :v
Im using the MyBoy emulator for Android.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #75084 on: May 19, 2014, 12:12:33 pm »

SO basically had a nervous breakdown last week. To the point that her doctor told her she has to take a four-week leave of absence from work, and wrote up official papers to that effect.

I'm actually happy about the leave of absence thing. She NEEDS it. Stress has just built up to toxic levels over time, and a day or two spent with me isn't enough to destress her from a whole week.

But her manager didn't take it well at all and basically tried to guilt-trip her about it and insinuate that maybe she's "not cut out for the job". Way to pile on there, asshole. That's a great thing to say to someone who's so stressed that she's losing the ability to communicate and drive.  >:(

She's going to come spend a couple of days with me later this week so she can have a nice peaceful, supportive environment.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #75085 on: May 19, 2014, 12:20:29 pm »

Good luck. I hope the mecha-snuggles are effective. Because it sounds like the only thing her workplace is effective at is douchebaggery.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile
« Reply #75086 on: May 19, 2014, 12:27:36 pm »

SO basically had a nervous breakdown last week. To the point that her doctor told her she has to take a four-week leave of absence from work, and wrote up official papers to that effect.

I'm actually happy about the leave of absence thing. She NEEDS it. Stress has just built up to toxic levels over time, and a day or two spent with me isn't enough to destress her from a whole week.

But her manager didn't take it well at all and basically tried to guilt-trip her about it and insinuate that maybe she's "not cut out for the job". Way to pile on there, asshole. That's a great thing to say to someone who's so stressed that she's losing the ability to communicate and drive.  >:(

She's going to come spend a couple of days with me later this week so she can have a nice peaceful, supportive environment.

It might be worthwhile to look up your local labour laws; this may qualify as harassment, and be grounds for legal action.
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #75087 on: May 19, 2014, 01:41:29 pm »

Okay, I've got the ball rolling on quitting this job. I'm sad because at this point I am fairly well convinced that it is financial suicide, but... well... I don't see what other choice I have. I can take guaranteed, easy mediocrity, or I can take a shot at getting myself into a position to do something satisfying with my life. Apparently, I like to live dangerously.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Jakob

• Bay Watcher
  • !!FABULOUS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75088 on: May 19, 2014, 02:49:30 pm »

Okay, I've got the ball rolling on quitting this job. I'm sad because at this point I am fairly well convinced that it is financial suicide, but... well... I don't see what other choice I have. I can take guaranteed, easy mediocrity, or I can take a shot at getting myself into a position to do something satisfying with my life. Apparently, I like to live dangerously.
I stormed out of my job after I got sick of my managers being abusive pricks. It's hard financially, like really hard, but I'd much rather scrunch bills than wake up every morning dreading the fact I'd have to go and deal with the bullshit at work.

I doubt our situations are the same so my advice probably isn't the best, still, working at a place you don't like is one of the worst things you can do.
Build a replica of the Krusty Krab around the creature, then lock prisoners customers inside it so that the sponge can mutilate them take their order.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75089 on: May 19, 2014, 02:53:24 pm »

That's fixable.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.
Pages: 1 ... 5004 5005 [5006] 5007 5008 ... 8167