Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5002 5003 [5004] 5005 5006 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9440810 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #75045 on: May 18, 2014, 05:02:38 pm »

FFT story is fantastic. Still not good enough to actually complete it though. :p

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #75046 on: May 18, 2014, 05:16:39 pm »

Hans, I'm kinda concerned. You seem to cycle between being depressed, having your worries proven wrong, making you extremely happy, then something happening that tears you back down into depression. And I can't help because I have no idea what is the actual problem, and I'm not sure I could even if I did D:.

That's exactly what is going on. :/

Guys, I'm really scared. I have to be honest. I almost killed myself a few days ago. I was about three minutes from doing it, but someone texted me. That's all that saved me, was one fucking text. I'm back on hard drugs again. :/ I've started doing pills again, and now I'm not eating or sleeping properly. I'm acting out and engaging in risky behaviors again. Sometimes I just wake up and cry, and sometimes I don't sleep at all. I've eaten maybe two good meals in the last three days, where I usually eat at least twice a day. The only time I feel good is when I'm taking opiates. (As a brief aside: I have never before liked opiates, nor have I ever understood how someone could get CONSUMED by a specific drug. I understand now.)

I am showing WAAAAAY too many of the warning signs of a suicidal person, and I can't be sure that I'm in my right mind enough not to do it.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #75047 on: May 18, 2014, 05:19:32 pm »

You need to talk to a RL person about this. You need to get some help. Please, Hans.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75048 on: May 18, 2014, 05:21:00 pm »

Seriously. We can provide moral support but you have to get some real help. We like you Hans, please don't go hurting yourself.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #75049 on: May 18, 2014, 05:21:42 pm »

Hans, I'm kinda concerned. You seem to cycle between being depressed, having your worries proven wrong, making you extremely happy, then something happening that tears you back down into depression. And I can't help because I have no idea what is the actual problem, and I'm not sure I could even if I did D:.

That's exactly what is going on. :/

Guys, I'm really scared. I have to be honest. I almost killed myself a few days ago. I was about three minutes from doing it, but someone texted me. That's all that saved me, was one fucking text. I'm back on hard drugs again. :/ I've started doing pills again, and now I'm not eating or sleeping properly. I'm acting out and engaging in risky behaviors again. Sometimes I just wake up and cry, and sometimes I don't sleep at all. I've eaten maybe two good meals in the last three days, where I usually eat at least twice a day. The only time I feel good is when I'm taking opiates. (As a brief aside: I have never before liked opiates, nor have I ever understood how someone could get CONSUMED by a specific drug. I understand now.)

I am showing WAAAAAY too many of the warning signs of a suicidal person, and I can't be sure that I'm in my right mind enough not to do it.

What happened? If you don't want to make a post, feel free to PM.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #75050 on: May 18, 2014, 05:28:14 pm »

Please, please call someone about this. Right now.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #75051 on: May 18, 2014, 05:31:34 pm »

You need to talk to a RL person about this. You need to get some help. Please, Hans.

I am. They're coming over. I don't think they quite understand how I feel, but someone is coming to talk to me, so that's a start, yes? >.>
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #75052 on: May 18, 2014, 05:32:45 pm »

I am. They're coming over. I don't think they quite understand how I feel, but someone is coming to talk to me, so that's a start, yes? >.>
I wish you well, Hans.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75053 on: May 18, 2014, 05:33:05 pm »

I should be happy after a day-long session of PnP, but all I can think of is that I "wasted" a whole day.
Someday I hope I can stop guild tripping myself.

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #75054 on: May 18, 2014, 05:39:30 pm »

I ended up inheriting the laptop from Rozy for the next week or so. Since she's feeling too down to bother staying on. I had some small ideas that might cheer her up thanks to some things I managed to hear in a conversation we just had, but one is beyond my abilities, and I couldn't find the other/actually grab the other properly.

Trying to do my best here but I've already gotten to the point I'm needing to vent again. And there's only so much I can manage to do to get her out of her rut given it doesn't directly involve me.

I almost wish I did actually mess up somewhere. Since then I'd know what to do now.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75055 on: May 18, 2014, 05:42:03 pm »

I hope you get better, Hans, and find someone who will keep you happy for a long enough time.

I ended up inheriting the laptop from Rozy for the next week or so. Since she's feeling too down to bother staying on. I had some small ideas that might cheer her up thanks to some things I managed to hear in a conversation we just had, but one is beyond my abilities, and I couldn't find the other/actually grab the other properly.

Trying to do my best here but I've already gotten to the point I'm needing to vent again. And there's only so much I can manage to do to get her out of her rut given it doesn't directly involve me.

I almost wish I did actually mess up somewhere. Since then I'd know what to do now.
I thought Janet was happy with her new job and with life in general. Did something happen while I was gone?

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #75056 on: May 18, 2014, 05:46:00 pm »

Well last night her and a very close friend bumped heads kinda hard, and said friend is gonna be away for almost all the week now. She's also kinda been in the middle of a depressive spell and hasn't been able to enjoy much of anything.

I also might of had a nervous breakdown earlier today over being unable to help her for the past... 4 or 6 days or so. And some of my friends being unable to help me either. So I'm pretty sure that's bothering her too.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75057 on: May 18, 2014, 05:50:45 pm »

That sounds like a pretty nasty self-reciprocating depression spiral you've got there. :(

Is there anything you can do to be cheerful yourself? That ought to actually help Janet - seeing you happy.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75058 on: May 18, 2014, 06:01:32 pm »

Hans, PM box is open - did you ever see a psychiatrist about that? Seems like a (not-too-strong) bipolar disorder, perhaps made worse by drug use. Opiates are actually quite effective antidepressants, and drug users being people with psychiatric issues who are self-medicating is a known pattern.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75059 on: May 18, 2014, 07:04:44 pm »

Damn it Hans, get someone IRL to help you, though I'm pretty sure you did already by now. We'd be worried sick if you suddenly stopped making responses in this forum.

Wishing you well as you take care of yourself.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.
Pages: 1 ... 5002 5003 [5004] 5005 5006 ... 8167