Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5001 5002 [5003] 5004 5005 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9439181 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #75030 on: May 18, 2014, 02:04:14 pm »

Yeah, pretty much.

LCS exists for Android, theres Pixel Dungeon and a few roguelike collections (Nethack, Angband, Angband Variants and Roguelike Classics, but I dont really like them that much for some reason.).
Apart from that there really isn't much worth playing. I toy around with powder games every now and then (I have like 4 installed).
Input is sort of a problem, because most people dont have a keyboard for their tablet.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #75031 on: May 18, 2014, 02:08:51 pm »

There are plenty of emulators for 8 and 16 bit hand-held devices and consoles on 'droid, if accessing good retro games is your sorta thing. I know it is mine...
This is a blank sig.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #75032 on: May 18, 2014, 02:10:31 pm »

I have a good GBA emulator, but I can't think of any games to really play on it. All I've really done so far is Megaman X and then added cheat codes randomly until the game started to break.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile
« Reply #75033 on: May 18, 2014, 02:12:28 pm »

I have a good GBA emulator, but I can't think of any games to really play on it. All I've really done so far is Megaman X and then added cheat codes randomly until the game started to break.

Fire Emblem.  If that doesn't hold your interest, I have no idea what will.
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #75034 on: May 18, 2014, 02:15:06 pm »

Fire Emblem.  If that doesn't hold your interest, I have no idea what will.
Advance Wars 2, Golden Sun, Harvest Moon, Rebelstar, some Shining Soul games are good, Tactics Ogre, any Zelda game.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75035 on: May 18, 2014, 02:22:22 pm »

Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga.

Pokemon Saphire/Ruby/Emerald.

Past that, everything else has been recommended :P

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75036 on: May 18, 2014, 03:01:11 pm »

Tried going out to town again. Under the pretense of buying some things, but I really wanted some human contact.

I just, I just have no clue how people have lives or are social or how they keep themselves fulfilled or happy. It's just a goddamned mystery to me.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75037 on: May 18, 2014, 03:30:18 pm »

I'm seconding Tactics Ogre.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #75038 on: May 18, 2014, 03:40:27 pm »

Tactics ogre is fucking incredible.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #75039 on: May 18, 2014, 04:20:09 pm »

Watched The Desolation of Smaug. It sucked. All too many special effect failures, poor acting, they ruined Smaug as a character by making him little more than a randomly twitching reptilian Sinistar.

To top it all, the second most important orc villain... well, how to put this tactfully...

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #75040 on: May 18, 2014, 04:22:39 pm »

I dunno, I think Smaug was the only good part of the movie.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75041 on: May 18, 2014, 04:24:00 pm »

I have a feeling I should reread The Hobbit. Because I don't remember Smaug being too... significant a character. He's found, woken up, then reportedly terrorises people then gets shot and dies. I can't imagine how you'd make a film out of that.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #75042 on: May 18, 2014, 04:31:39 pm »

Y'know, I never got very far, but I like Final Fantasy Tactics (the playstation one) way better.

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile
« Reply #75043 on: May 18, 2014, 04:45:23 pm »

Y'know, I never got very far, but I like Final Fantasy Tactics (the playstation one) way better.

Speaking of GBA and Final Fantasy, the old FF Legend games for the original GB were pretty sweet, too.
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #75044 on: May 18, 2014, 04:59:17 pm »

Also not really final fantasy games, ha. Not many of the "FF" gameboy games that were released as such in the US (E: And I guess europe. [joking]Did they even release games to europe back then?[/joking]), well... were, exactly. Legends were the first SaGa games, Adventure was the first Seiken Densetsu (Secret of Mana). Stuff like that.

And incidentally, just to be sure folks are aware, the GBA Tactics Ogre is... very different. From the rest (SNES/PSX/PSP) of them. Still pretty decent, but arguably a worse game.

I personally put FFT and TO (either the SNES or PSX version... PSP's arguably better than either, but comes a lot later) about on the same level. FFT's a bit nicer gameplay wise (which is understandable, since TO was/is an SNES game, and FFT was built for the PSX), but they're both solid and running pretty neat stories (for video games, anyway). Good stuff. The fact that TO gives FFT a good run for its money speaks incredibly well for it, since it was built a good generation behind in terms of hardware.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 05:05:25 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 5001 5002 [5003] 5004 5005 ... 8167