Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4999 5000 [5001] 5002 5003 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9442373 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #75000 on: May 18, 2014, 08:43:11 am »

Note that my number is per-year. Probably 30-50 regular posters have died in the history of the forum.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #75001 on: May 18, 2014, 08:45:19 am »

I always worry when I notice someone suddenly disappear, never to be seen again on the forums. :-\
I seem to notice it happen fairly regularly. I'm not sure if it actually does, but all too often I'm thinking "Hey, X hasn't posted in this thread for a while. Oh. X hasn't posted anywhere for a while..."
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #75002 on: May 18, 2014, 09:04:19 am »

I've thought of putting "Go into my computer and go to [xxx] websites to inform of my death" in my will. It'd be possible only because I have very few websites I frequent that would care.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #75003 on: May 18, 2014, 09:15:33 am »

I am pretty sure that the manner of my inevitable demise would probably make news in some way, so y'all would probably hear one way or the other.
This is a blank sig.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75004 on: May 18, 2014, 09:19:48 am »

"Gigantic explosion consumes half of Wales, mad scientist suspected"? :P

Anyway, my current sad: I am so weirdly tired for some reason. I mean sure, it kinda makes sense that I'm tired, but it's a different feeling of tiredness to anything I'm used to. I just feel... weak, or drained. Maybe there's an invisible vampire responsible or something.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile
« Reply #75005 on: May 18, 2014, 09:40:25 am »

If it persists beyond today, please see your doctor.  Excessive fatigue can be a signal for a full host of issues, ranging from simple virii to full-on endocrine malfunctions.

Usually, it's nothing - but no point in risking it, eh?
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75006 on: May 18, 2014, 10:29:29 am »

I've thought of putting "Go into my computer and go to [xxx] websites to inform of my death" in my will. It'd be possible only because I have very few websites I frequent that would care.
You too, huh?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75007 on: May 18, 2014, 10:39:58 am »

if i ever die and anyone actually reads (and executes, i guess) my will the last post you'll see here will be written in arabic, tunisian dialect and describe me having to kill myself in order to fight off a demon i've summoned because i ran out of something like peanut butter or packets of microwave popcorn and wanted it to get me some but the demon possessed me instead

and only this place, others get their own fun message so in the end there will still be not one person who can track me back to a meatspace being

other than the rare person here who i've actually seen and spoken to

but you guys better keep quiet i have a general understanding of where you live

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #75008 on: May 18, 2014, 10:59:32 am »

You too, huh?
No XXX websites I've ever visited would care, I think.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75009 on: May 18, 2014, 11:08:53 am »

There's so much stuff in this world I wish I understood that I don't.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #75010 on: May 18, 2014, 11:17:42 am »

Yea, I get that too. Recently, I listened to my sister play the piano and though "Boy, I wish I could do that."
Then there's languages-my hope is to create my own language through conlang, but I never have the time to learn it. Though, I have started reading a book called "A practical introduction to Phonetics."

Ah well, there's always a way to learn where you're ignorant. For example, today I bugged my sister and I know the rudiments of piano playing. I even got "Jesus Loves Me" to play as it should, and have started on the next page of the book. So, you can always learn.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #75011 on: May 18, 2014, 11:24:39 am »

Ah well, there's always a way to learn where you're ignorant. For example, today I bugged my sister and I know the rudiments of piano playing. I even got "Jesus Loves Me" to play as it should, and have started on the next page of the book. So, you can always learn.

Eeeeeeeeeeexcellent. The more musicians the better. Just don't stress too much about it, if you treat it as just another fun thing you like to do you will be surprised how fast you can learn, especially if you read up a bit as well. You may be interested in checking out Synthesia too (basically Piano Hero, with actual piano).
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #75012 on: May 18, 2014, 11:27:42 am »

I should mention there is no ignorance in a person who is able to recognize their own lack of knowledge, in fact that's basically the height of clarity. You've got to learn somehow, and recognizing you don't know how to do things or know certain stuff is usually the first step to trying to do them right.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #75013 on: May 18, 2014, 11:30:31 am »

Remember Socrates said " I know that I know nothing" and he knew his shit
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #75014 on: May 18, 2014, 11:33:46 am »

What Mictlantecuhtli said.

Eeeeeeeeeeexcellent. The more musicians the better. Just don't stress too much about it, if you treat it as just another fun thing you like to do you will be surprised how fast you can learn, especially if you read up a bit as well. You may be interested in checking out Synthesia too (basically Piano Hero, with actual piano).
That looks like a good way to learn, thanks  :)

And it seemed such a waste. We have a family piano that goes back a few generations, I've known it all my life and I love music. I was put off as a child (My sister tried to teach me it, but she made it seem like a chore. I forced my way out after a day.) So yes, I understand the importance of seeing it as a fun thing, and I'm not setting a schedule to practice- just play for as long as I feel like, and I can feel myself learning it. It's great hearing it come together beneath my fingers, it's a wonderful feeling.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 4999 5000 [5001] 5002 5003 ... 8167