Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4998 4999 [5000] 5001 5002 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9442270 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #74985 on: May 18, 2014, 01:00:23 am »

Can't rest, doctors are pissing me off.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #74986 on: May 18, 2014, 01:04:44 am »

I hate how much I suck at typing messages of sympathy without sounding insincere. So uh, I'm not going to try and I'll just say I hope things get better for mastahcheese and Hans.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #74987 on: May 18, 2014, 01:10:56 am »

I hate how much I suck at typing messages of sympathy without sounding insincere. So uh, I'm not going to try and I'll just say I hope things get better for mastahcheese and Hans.
No, you do try :I
But I see often, people with this note put a disclaimer like your first sentence there. It offsets the implication which most make upon reading it that, nope, I mean well, but my wording needs help. :p

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74988 on: May 18, 2014, 02:57:43 am »

It turns out that therapy is pretty excruciating. Highly recommended. But excruciating.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #74989 on: May 18, 2014, 03:30:50 am »

I'm sorry, I really hope things get better for both of you soon.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74990 on: May 18, 2014, 05:01:25 am »

Good luck to all oof you.

(Also, mastah: Good thing you didn't try to kill yourself. I was kinda shocked for the first half of that sentence, reading 'triple dosed'.)
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #74991 on: May 18, 2014, 06:13:26 am »

What made me sad today? Reading about all you guys being sad :(.
I have a turd where my self-discipline module should be, and sometimes I really hate myself for it. It's not a suicidal kind of hate, mind. More of a "get your bloody act together or I'll beat the holy snot out of you", directed at myself.
After that passes, I end up feeling depressed and just want to sit in a corner and watch various ASCII creatures burn in magma, mourning my inability to achieve anything remotely useful. Then I realise I'm falling into the category of "depressed" and get violently angry at myself all over again.
I like to think the anger isn't all bad - increasingly often it results in me getting something done. Maybe I'm just making excuses.

And I don't really know why I'm saying all this. Anyway, don't cry for me. I love you all, Bay12 (even the arseholes). Please don't kill yourselves.

In the words of That Guy Who Posted Shortly Before I Did:
Good luck to all oof you.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #74992 on: May 18, 2014, 07:34:02 am »

This thread has got me wondering....how many people who were once active posters...are dead now? Besides a screen name and perhaps a face, we will almost never know when one shuffles off the mortal coil...
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #74993 on: May 18, 2014, 07:40:20 am »

Hans, I'm kinda concerned. You seem to cycle between being depressed, having your worries proven wrong, making you extremely happy, then something happening that tears you back down into depression. And I can't help because I have no idea what is the actual problem, and I'm not sure I could even if I did D:.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74994 on: May 18, 2014, 07:41:36 am »

This thread has got me wondering....how many people who were once active posters...are dead now? Besides a screen name and perhaps a face, we will almost never know when one shuffles off the mortal coil...
We're a relatively young crowd, and not all that large - 3-4 on the lower boards, maybe less.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74995 on: May 18, 2014, 08:14:01 am »

We're a relatively young crowd, and not all that large - 3-4 on the lower boards, maybe less.

What's the average age of this forum, and how many frequent non-bot posters do we have?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74996 on: May 18, 2014, 08:18:21 am »

What's the average age of this forum, and how many frequent non-bot posters do we have?
Someone did a survey and made a graph. You can find it somewhere probably.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74997 on: May 18, 2014, 08:20:41 am »

* Darvi summons the Runner of Sky.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74998 on: May 18, 2014, 08:29:50 am »

Using the probability of death from this website and the data from this post by Sky, I get 6.1236. Better results would come from using the different ages with their distributions rather than using the average age of 23.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74999 on: May 18, 2014, 08:33:50 am »

I always worry when I notice someone suddenly disappear, never to be seen again on the forums. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 4998 4999 [5000] 5001 5002 ... 8167