Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4962 4963 [4964] 4965 4966 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9452383 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #74445 on: May 06, 2014, 08:39:38 pm »

Mr. Space Cat,

Damn. You have my condolences, man. It just had to happen too early. Damn. :|

I'd say you're doing the right thing crying about her. It just shows that you really cared for her and not just "cared", in the sense of mandatory familial obligation. And what Tiruin said, emotions don't make you pathetic. They're proof of your humanity. People tend to say "Crying is bad" mostly because they don't want to deal with the tears of others. Some are more selfish about it than others, saying that to keep people from "whining" about personal problems, while some don't want that to happen because they might not be able to deal with the emotional fallout (i.e cry along with you).

Emotions don't make you weak. Cherish it, because there are times you will wish to feel something because you couldn't.

I apologize for sounding to scold you in what is a tough time for you and being too banal about it. :<
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74446 on: May 06, 2014, 08:40:50 pm »

I have terrible memory, and it's a curse.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74447 on: May 06, 2014, 08:45:13 pm »

Aaaaaaand you've got a dark and troubled past, Tiruin. The "JRPG morality center girl" stereotype in now complete.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My condolences, Mr. Space Cat. I cannot say that I've myself lost many loved ones, but I understand how you feel, and I can tell you that you have no reason whatsoever to wrack yourself. Some things in this life are inevitable, such as death, and there is absolutely nothing you could've done to help your Aunt. People are not magical, sadly, and you had no way of knowing that that aneyrism would've happened, and even if you somehow did, circulatory system failure is almost unpreventable as a general rule. There was simply nothing you could do. There is not a single speck of your guilt in what has happened.

Crying is normal, I have to add. It's merely a symptom of love and care, and those who insist otherwise are most likely idiotic fat nerds tripping high on power fantasy. People are hardwired to feel sad when somebody close to them dies, and that you do so means that you truly held your aunt dear. Don't fight the feeling. Let it pass over you and away. Tears wash the sadness away, an old Russian saying goes.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 08:46:52 pm by Knit tie »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #74448 on: May 06, 2014, 08:51:59 pm »

Aaaaaaand you've got a dark and troubled past, Tiruin. The "JRPG morality center girl" stereotype in now complete.
6 years, bro. ~6-8 years I can't remember because they were too painful to. ^ ^
And only in my nightmares do I see that past. Shrouded by my unconscious or subconscious. It is there. It is the darkness.
And I am learning how to fight it. How to accept it. How to understand it. It is the darkness. It is my light.

Mwahaha. But really.
...True story. :/
*clicks spoiler*
Oh. ... I didn't take it as any offense. xD

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74449 on: May 06, 2014, 08:57:07 pm »

I'm feeling like a terrible person.
Everything I do is about money.
I don't even need money, I live a perfectly content life.
But every time someone asks me to do more than a minor favor or chore:
"What do I get?"
I have an insatiable desire for material wealth and I feel like I may end up alienating the people I care about because of it.
I'm feeling like a D-bag all the time but holy shit money.
It's so great.
I want all of the money.
I'm having such an incredible fight in my conscience between greed and morality.
I mean don't get me wrong, I'm not going to break the law or hurt people for money.
In fact, I recently turned down an extremely prestigious honor at school just because of what it entailed.
(For those curious, National Honor Society, and fuck things that require you do volunteer work)
I have such a crappy feeling in my stomach because of how I feel about myself and I just need reassurance:
Am I terrible person?
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74450 on: May 06, 2014, 09:00:06 pm »

The first 14 or so years of my life were filled with me having variouw psychoses and being an awful person in general. I sometimes wonder why my parents are still against abortion.

And seriously, Tir, when you write in that lowercase I always interpret it as "cute, shy whisper." I have no idea why.

What do you usually try to convey by that literary maneuver anyway?

I'm feeling like a terrible person.
Everything I do is about money.
I don't even need money, I live a perfectly content life.
But every time someone asks me to do more than a minor favor or chore:
"What do I get?"
I have an insatiable desire for material wealth and I feel like I may end up alienating the people I care about because of it.
I'm feeling like a D-bag all the time but holy shit money.
It's so great.
I want all of the money.
I'm having such an incredible fight in my conscience between greed and morality.
I mean don't get me wrong, I'm not going to break the law or hurt people for money.
In fact, I recently turned down an extremely prestigious honor at school just because of what it entailed.
(For those curious, National Honor Society, and fuck things that require you do volunteer work)
I have such a crappy feeling in my stomach because of how I feel about myself and I just need reassurance:
Am I terrible person?
No you are not. Everybody has vices, yours truly is frequently dismotivated enough to make Oblomov seem like heroic fantasy.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #74451 on: May 06, 2014, 09:04:48 pm »

Am I terrible person?
Well if you have self control, then no.

Not to say your obsession with material wealth is a good thing, because well... it seems like an obsession. But being a "bad person" tends to require stuff like rationalizing away faults. It doesn't appear that you are doing that.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74452 on: May 06, 2014, 09:14:05 pm »

I appreciate the kind words folks.
But more so, the small analyses you people did kind of put everything into perspective.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #74453 on: May 06, 2014, 09:16:18 pm »

Personally, I'd never do something for someone other than like... Janet or my cousin for free.

Time is valuable, there's nothing wrong with feeling that way.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #74454 on: May 06, 2014, 09:21:23 pm »

-snip-
No. You aren't a terrible person.
But you seem to be undecided in your choices present.
Let me ask you something: Does wealth really matter? What can it get you? Are you doing what you are doing because of sincerity or because of an ulterior motive? Think ahead in many scenarios how that'll play out.
You realize you don't need much right now: Ask yourself Why you are wanting much. That helps, asking yourself these things then analyzing it. Why do you need 'all' of the money?

Funny thing is, if that is the definition of a terrible person--one who knows the wrong things are happening and fights it? Then it goes against the conventional meaning of terrible.
You don't seem to be wishing for reinforcing details on why you should pick greed over anything else. If you keep on asking 'what do I get [for doing x]' as a result from doing it, then why are you doing it in the first place? For rewards? For something in return?
[/hypotheticalscenario,go!]
You have a choice. The final say in your choice there.

And seriously, Tir, when you write in that lowercase I always interpret it as "cute, shy whisper." I have no idea why.

What do you usually try to convey by that literary maneuver anyway?
...I do not know, really. Maybe me issuing a small comment as context?
Subtext? Tiny details? :P
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 09:24:16 pm by Tiruin »

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #74455 on: May 06, 2014, 09:25:38 pm »

On the subject of money, I've decided that I just want to make enough to live comfortably. Just enough that I can afford a few luxuries, but not so much that I'm living in a mansion and being waited on by personal servants. If I do somehow end up making enough for the latter, I'll probably just give it away or something.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74456 on: May 06, 2014, 09:28:40 pm »

Wealth is amazing. It buys me happiness. It creates a tangible proof of my existence. It gives my empty, useless life a semblance of meaning. That said, I see no real reason in pursuing it above all else.

Kittens are nice too.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #74457 on: May 06, 2014, 09:33:25 pm »

If I was stupidly rich, I totally admit I'd have a big castle and hire a bunch of hot maids to wait on me. But I'm also the kind of person that would want to do that just because I was so poor for most of my life and I'd love the idea of totally flipping that on it's head.

Happy where I am right now though.

The maid waifus are in my miiinnndddd~~~~
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74458 on: May 06, 2014, 09:36:53 pm »

I hoard money, simply because I don't actually do anything to spend it. I don't go out, I don't drive anywhere I don't need to go, I don't heat/cool the apartment. I suppose I do this because I want to build a stockpile so that I don't ever have to move back to my parents.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #74459 on: May 06, 2014, 09:42:16 pm »

I poke my head back in the thread and accidentally find people comforting me. You guys are too nice to random losers on the internet.

Thanks though. Feeling better. A crap ton of games while somewhat sleep deprived makes for a decent sedative. I also probably exhausted my feels tank.
-----

If I had a crapton of money, I don't know what I'd spend it on. Guess it'd be nice to not have to worry too much about it. Probably pay for college or housing or general life stuff.
Also buy all the guitar equipment ever. Gotta play 'em all, gotta play 'em all.

Also video games. Gotta play 'em all, gotta play 'em all.

NINJAEDIT:
self-deprecating.
I need to stop worrying so much about everything.
I know that feel bro.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _
Pages: 1 ... 4962 4963 [4964] 4965 4966 ... 8167