Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4961 4962 [4963] 4964 4965 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9452441 times)

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #74430 on: May 06, 2014, 03:32:20 pm »

So, telling my niece (she's 21) what I did, through her bedroom door.

Me: I got rid of the body.
Her: Ok, Thanks.
Me: But I left the head sitting outside your door.
Her: WHAT?
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #74431 on: May 06, 2014, 03:33:43 pm »

XD
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #74432 on: May 06, 2014, 03:46:07 pm »

Off to OOCQ it goes!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74433 on: May 06, 2014, 04:27:16 pm »

My cat, while still alive, occasionally killed local birds, but he managet to catch only 3 mice during his life.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74434 on: May 06, 2014, 05:09:13 pm »

I am powerless to help those important to me who have problems in their mind.

I can't try to help with words, or be there with them. I don't know what to do. They can't and won't see a doctor because to do so would cost them their dreams.

I can't do anything.

I am useless - worthless - as they break.

Only person in this world we can help is ourselves.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #74435 on: May 06, 2014, 05:22:43 pm »

Welp, my aunt's dead. Pretty much dead, anyway. She had a blood vessel in her brain randomly rupture Monday evening. Guess it was an aneurysm or something. It was too deep for surgery or anything, the only option was some drugs to treat symptoms and hope she magically survived.

Today we got news that she's basically become brain dead and on life support while any family members who want to see her one last time can do so. They'll be pulling the plug tomorrow.

She was my godmother, and also just an incredibly nice person. She was one of the few family members I didn't feel horribly uncomfortable being around. She and my uncle were about to go on this big trip they'd been planning and were really looking forward to. She was really looking forward to going to my high school graduation. I was actually looking forward to her and my uncle going to see my graduation, because they're just that nice, and they actually like me, even though I didn't really keep in contact all that much, and and and--

Now suddenly that's all out the window. It's like some sort of cliche tragedy plot, the way this suddenly happened. Now one of the few family members I actually liked is gone, and she'll never see me graduate high school, or go to college, or do anything with my life. She was one of the few people who probably cared about that.

I am literally crying from typing this out. Stupid emotions being all emotional and whack. My eyes are leaking involuntarily, I swear.

She was just such a nice sweet person and suddenly she's gone forever, and everything is screwed up.

This just had to happen during the AP testing weeks, too. This week, man. This week.

Anyway, emotional venting over, brb, playing video games to escape reality until everything is better.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #74436 on: May 06, 2014, 05:25:50 pm »

That's one reason I don't like cats...kill, yes. They can't help themselves. But to...play with it? Nuh uh. Evil bastards.
There have been studies to indicate that the "play" behavior is actually to tire out the prey so they can kill it more safely without risking being bitten/scratched in the face.
There's also been studies showing that a large majority of domestic cats don't know how to kill properly, as they didn't learn it in kittenhood.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74437 on: May 06, 2014, 05:28:30 pm »

Welp, my aunt's dead. Pretty much dead, anyway. She had a blood vessel in her brain randomly rupture Monday evening. Guess it was an aneurysm or something. It was too deep for surgery or anything, the only option was some drugs to treat symptoms and hope she magically survived.

Today we got news that she's basically become brain dead and on life support while any family members who want to see her one last time can do so. They'll be pulling the plug tomorrow.

She was my godmother, and also just an incredibly nice person. She was one of the few family members I didn't feel horribly uncomfortable being around. She and my uncle were about to go on this big trip they'd been planning and were really looking forward to. She was really looking forward to going to my high school graduation. I was actually looking forward to her and my uncle going to see my graduation, because they're just that nice, and they actually like me, even though I didn't really keep in contact all that much, and and and--

Now suddenly that's all out the window. It's like some sort of cliche tragedy plot, the way this suddenly happened. Now one of the few family members I actually liked is gone, and she'll never see me graduate high school, or go to college, or do anything with my life. She was one of the few people who probably cared about that.

I am literally crying from typing this out. Stupid emotions being all emotional and whack. My eyes are leaking involuntarily, I swear.

She was just such a nice sweet person and suddenly she's gone forever, and everything is screwed up.

This just had to happen during the AP testing weeks, too. This week, man. This week.

Anyway, emotional venting over, brb, playing video games to escape reality until everything is better.

That sounds awful  :'(.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #74438 on: May 06, 2014, 05:28:51 pm »

I am powerless to help those important to me who have problems in their mind.

I can't try to help with words, or be there with them. I don't know what to do. They can't and won't see a doctor because to do so would cost them their dreams.

I can't do anything.

I am useless - worthless - as they break.

Only person in this world we can save is ourselves.
FTFY. We can help lots of people, but we can't completely rescue them from themselves unless they're willing to do their part.

Whenever I comfort my SO and calm her down from a panic attack or give her hope when she's bleakly depressed, I gently remind her that I'm not "saving" her -- I'm giving her the extra strength to save herself.

@Space Cat: All my condolences. I've lost some extended family that I really liked before (kind of unavoidable in a family as big as mine) and it SUCKS. Even worse when they live far away and you don't find out in time to attend the funeral, so it's even more abrupt and lacking in closure. There was one distant cousin that I kind of had a crush on when I was a teenager. She was killed by a drunk driver when she was 16, and no one even told me until six years later. :(

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #74439 on: May 06, 2014, 05:44:23 pm »

Seriously, seriously rough man. People you've loved all your life will eventually go away, but when it happens so suddenly, it just feels so wrong and unnatural. If there's anything you've ever wanted to say to her, make sure to say it before they pull the plug. Even if she can't hear you, say it.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 06:13:55 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #74440 on: May 06, 2014, 05:46:58 pm »

-snip-

Ouch. That sucks man. You have my condolences as well. :(
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #74441 on: May 06, 2014, 06:31:21 pm »

The realization that, with near-eidetic memory, I'm basically genetically set up to be completely screwed out of any happiness whatsoever for the rest of my life.

A parade of all the things that I have ever regretted, been upset by... through my mind, whenever I get the slightest upset.

Chains made unwillingly and unwittingly, from which there is no escape, but ever more chains building upon and reinforcing themselves.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #74442 on: May 06, 2014, 07:17:39 pm »

The trick is to learn to let go. Until they invent time machines, no amount of regretting the past can change it.

And even if they invent one, I like who I am now. Changing even one failure, one regret, one mistake....would unmake me.

It's often nice to be a Taoist. Gives perspective checks when you need them.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #74443 on: May 06, 2014, 07:21:59 pm »

-sad-

My grandmother from dad's side was like that. Gifts, and stories, and comforting, and nice.

And then heart attack.

* Haspen gives Mr Space Cat thousand hugs :c
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #74444 on: May 06, 2014, 08:20:08 pm »

The realization that, with near-eidetic memory, I'm basically genetically set up to be completely screwed out of any happiness whatsoever for the rest of my life.

A parade of all the things that I have ever regretted, been upset by... through my mind, whenever I get the slightest upset.

Chains made unwillingly and unwittingly, from which there is no escape, but ever more chains building upon and reinforcing themselves.
I've a memory like an elephant, though it is hilariously selective here and I've a ton of advice for you on these regrets.

Learn from them. Sure, you mess up--people mess up. There are things we could've done, lotsa things. We learn from them to grow. What causes reinforcement but the exposure to a concept? There is escape, and it is through understanding.
That, or I'd be haunted by my traumatic childhood \o/

* Tiruin hugs Mr. Space Cat.
Now a piece of advice for you.
Stop treating your emotions like they're anchors stopping you from anything, or in the least 'making you be pathetic'.
You aren't pathetic for tearing up and crying because you care about someone.
I believe that she's still with you--in spirit. And by that, I mean by the values she has inculcated are still there, to remind you of her. She lived for something, something akin to benevolence.

You can never escape reality, only ignore it for long enough.

A funny thing with us Filipinos is that we believe, regardless of religion, that the spirits of our dead watch over us. Our ancestors: whether good or bad, watch over us in an intangible way, that our virtues and values are still shaped by them (moreso that we care about them): they may be gone physically but they aren't truly gone. There is nothing wrong with crying your eyes out when someone dear to you passes away.
Unless you hold some kind of weird viewpoint towards emotions that crying is weak and makes you seem pathetic...which is somehow only what I hear from people who don't understand that emotion at all.
'Tis hard to explain... :/
Pages: 1 ... 4961 4962 [4963] 4964 4965 ... 8167