Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4941 4942 [4943] 4944 4945 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9454100 times)

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #74130 on: April 29, 2014, 10:45:07 pm »

An old Russian wisdo
CMEGA GO TO THE DOCTOR

Seriously, if you've got a bunch of junk coming out of your mouth and you can't breath, GO GET HALP
^
This should be done a LONG TIME BEFORE THAT :/
Tell your parents.
An old Russian wisdom: "A disease is not a man, you can't wrestle it." It means "if you're that sick, go get help."
That sounds like advice the Heavy would give.
Of course, Heavy would probably follow that with "...But you can shoot disease with good aim and tiny bullet."

TF2 references and mildly racist accents aside, you really should go visit a doctor, CMega.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74131 on: April 30, 2014, 01:06:09 am »

Doctor or riot. No funny symbols because this isn't funny. Also, I am on my phone.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #74132 on: April 30, 2014, 04:46:20 am »

I fucked up and made more people hate me again.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74133 on: April 30, 2014, 04:49:23 am »

An old Russian wisdom: "A disease is not a man, you can't wrestle it." It means "if you're that sick, go get help."
I remember reading a book once which had a supposed Russian saying in it... I think it was something like "Nichevo"?
Is that a thing? Not sure why it stuck in my memory but it did.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #74134 on: April 30, 2014, 04:56:28 am »

I fucked up and made more people hate me again.
I don't hate you. v:

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #74135 on: April 30, 2014, 05:10:45 am »

I played Red Orchestra 2.
I watched WWII documentaries before, so the russian dying on a doorway wasn't in itself something new, but this time I shot him, and I was standing besides him (because, ya know, the corridor was filled with filthy commy lead) while he agonized for what felt like AGES. I started thinking of putting a bullet in his head to shut him up, that's how sad it was. Then I wondered if the game even kept track of such things, and then he died for good and I went back to shooting filthy commies with grorious german rifles.
But my god, this was the closest I ever got to the actual horror of war and I don't want to experience that again.
I like the realism of this game but that one time was a bit too realist...
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74136 on: April 30, 2014, 06:38:30 am »

I played Red Orchestra 2.
I watched WWII documentaries before, so the russian dying on a doorway wasn't in itself something new, but this time I shot him, and I was standing besides him (because, ya know, the corridor was filled with filthy commy lead) while he agonized for what felt like AGES. I started thinking of putting a bullet in his head to shut him up, that's how sad it was. Then I wondered if the game even kept track of such things, and then he died for good and I went back to shooting filthy commies with grorious german rifles.
But my god, this was the closest I ever got to the actual horror of war and I don't want to experience that again.
I like the realism of this game but that one time was a bit too realist...
As an interesting note, Germans and Soviets tended to actually have very little problem killing each other due to how personal the war was. Eastern Front soldiers who queston the morality of their actions are a purely Western construct.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74137 on: April 30, 2014, 06:54:43 am »

As an interesting note, Germans and Soviets tended to actually have very little problem killing each other due to how personal the war was. Eastern Front soldiers who queston the morality of their actions are a purely Western construct.
That is too much of a generalization. Of course there was hateful propaganda on both sides, and obviously it was very personal for the Soviets who had their country invaded and for both due to the general cruelty on the Eastern Front, but I've talked to German WW2 veterans who very much were torn up about these events many decades after the fact. Maybe losing the war and spending up to 5 years as a POW in Russia gives you another perspective, but considering how absurdly cruel the war in the East was compared to the Western front, I imagine that there are Soviet soldiers too who question their actions, no matter what propaganda made out of it after the war.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74138 on: April 30, 2014, 07:28:34 am »

That is too much of a generalization. Of course there was hateful propaganda on both sides, and obviously it was very personal for the Soviets who had their country invaded and for both due to the general cruelty on the Eastern Front, but I've talked to German WW2 veterans who very much were torn up about these events many decades after the fact. Maybe losing the war and spending up to 5 years as a POW in Russia gives you another perspective, but considering how absurdly cruel the war in the East was compared to the Western front, I imagine that there are Soviet soldiers too who question their actions, no matter what propaganda made out of it after the war.
After the capitulation and subsequent denazification, it's not surprising that many Germans would question their actions, but during the war itself Wehrmacht hammered into its soldiers the belief that they were fighting subhuman, filthy animals, not people. Despite the West later promoting the idea that German soldiers were all honorable warriors who had no hand in all the atrocities perpetuated by the SS in order to discredit Soviet Union during the Cold War, the standard modus operandi of Germans in the Great Patriotic War was to rape, pillage and murder their way through civilians with remarkably little hesitation. A lot of the old people I work with still remember those events and you can read about them in enough memoirs to eliminate all possibility of them being just propaganda.

My friend's grandmother is a former partisan, actually, and, as she can testify, when Germans entered her village the people greeted them like heroes and liberators from Stalin, but what followed next is that the soldiers unceremoniously herded all the adults currently present into a barn and lit in on fire. The kids and teenagers, such as herself, were instead sent to another village for "germanisation", which meant, mostly, "slave labor".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74139 on: April 30, 2014, 08:50:26 am »

OK, I got my mom to take me to the doctor.

For now, I'll drink apple juice because it has liquids and electrolytes I lost when I vomited.
No juice. Juice can make it worse, because it's almost all sugar. This is the one time gatorade is actually useful. If all else fails, drink a glass of water with a pinch of salt in it. You need the water most of all, though.

Note: I am not a doctor, but I was a fight doc for a short period of time.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74140 on: April 30, 2014, 09:01:29 am »

OK, I got my mom to take me to the doctor.

For now, I'll drink apple juice because it has liquids and electrolytes I lost when I vomited.
No juice. Juice can make it worse, because it's almost all sugar. This is the one time gatorade is actually useful. If all else fails, drink a glass of water with a pinch of salt in it. You need the water most of all, though.

Note: I am not a doctor, but I was a fight doc for a short period of time.
With the amount of water they put in juice nowadays, it'll work just fine.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74141 on: April 30, 2014, 09:17:12 am »

Damn headaches.

Lethargy and headaches do not mix at all :(

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74142 on: April 30, 2014, 10:38:39 am »

i don't even need to get bored, i end up looking at the wall of effort required to continue something and go "well that was fun now FUCK IT"

i wonder how i manage to be functional human being like this

or how i manage to be productive at work

that's some crazy shit goin on

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74143 on: April 30, 2014, 11:45:05 am »

Yesterday was a pretty epicly sad day for me. I saw a friend I'd made recently for what I'm 90% sure will probably be the last time. My father showed off that he's pretty heavily out of touch regarding me.
Then I made the mistake of telling a friend of mine I was still scared of encountering someone who did some horrifically abusive things to me back in the day despite how paranoid it is to think anything else might happen at this point.
She responded by flipping her shit and yelling at me for half an hour about (amongst other things) how this person was a sociopath that did not care the slightest about me.... Which was probably not the most constructive thing to do.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74144 on: April 30, 2014, 01:18:33 pm »

Anyone have any idea what could cause my PC's upload speed (and only it's upload speed) to randomly and repeatedly crash for long periods of time?
Pages: 1 ... 4941 4942 [4943] 4944 4945 ... 8167