Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4892 4893 [4894] 4895 4896 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9433025 times)

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #73395 on: April 19, 2014, 09:02:00 pm »

For our resident Russian:

You can have fun without booze.
You can have booze without fun.

It's fucking 5 am and I'm still awake, I should cut down on coffee. Any more bad stereotypes being proven true?
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73396 on: April 19, 2014, 09:04:29 pm »

Calling BS on that one. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73397 on: April 19, 2014, 09:05:06 pm »

I'm honestly not sure how common bad parent stuff is... I know... basically all my friends come from families that are broken in one way or another.

In other news there's been a whole bunch of crazy shenanigans involving my mother and this foot surgery she just got... She's been acting like a bratty child ever since she got it a few days ago... and now there's this whole thing where the foot has become infected and she's refusing to get treatment for it... She insisted on being driven to the hospital late at night, then when she got there she refused to give her date of birth to the receptionist... then insist on being brought to a different hospital much further away... when they got there she refused to get out of the car and insisted on being taken home.

Harsh as it might sound, this sort of thing is basically par for the course with my mother... The thing that's really worrying me is that my father has been losing his patience with her. Which is sort of good and sort of bad. On the one hand I'm glad that after years of just tolerating her shit, he's finally stopped doing it so much, on the other I'm seriously worried bad things will come of this. He's getting seriously grouchy and pissed off with her, and this is someone who is usually extremely laid back and calm.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73398 on: April 19, 2014, 09:07:02 pm »

What is booze is the only thing that prevents you from realising the utter meaninglessness of your life when all the clothing shops are clothed?

Although there is also that helpful girl at the local underground club who keeps offering me MDMA...

I'm honestly not sure how common bad parent stuff is... I know... basically all my friends come from families that are broken in one way or another.

In other news there's been a whole bunch of crazy shenanigans involving my mother and this foot surgery she just got... She's been acting like a bratty child ever since she got it a few days ago... and now there's this whole thing where the foot has become infected and she's refusing to get treatment for it... She insisted on being driven to the hospital late at night, then when she got there she refused to give her date of birth to the receptionist... then insist on being brought to a different hospital much further away... when they got there she refused to get out of the car and insisted on being taken home.

Harsh as it might sound, this sort of thing is basically par for the course with my mother... The thing that's really worrying me is that my father has been losing his patience with her. Which is sort of good and sort of bad. On the one hand I'm glad that after years of just tolerating her shit, he's finally stopped doing it so much, on the other I'm seriously worried bad things will come of this. He's getting seriously grouchy and pissed off with her, and this is someone who is usually extremely laid back and calm.
Give your mom some slack, surgeries tend to make people freak out a little. The brattiness may be just a symptom of that.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 09:08:49 pm by Knit tie »

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #73399 on: April 19, 2014, 09:17:00 pm »

Hey if you guys have one happy thing to take away from all the family issues, be happy your mothers didn't end up killing 2 out of 4 fingers on one of your hands. Mine did.

I got no idea what's with all the parental issues, I know way too many people personally with them. Maybe the last generation in particular was just that troubled or weird.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73400 on: April 19, 2014, 09:21:33 pm »

2 out of 4 fingers?
Owlga confirmed for alien...

I said it before and I say it again, there is no subject more rageworthy than horrible parents.
For anyone who has to deal with it, stay strong.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73401 on: April 19, 2014, 09:21:58 pm »

Reading all these horror stories makes me sad. I wish everyone could have had decent childhoods  :-\
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73402 on: April 19, 2014, 09:24:59 pm »

Wow. I came in here to post a super-minor-1stworldproblem-sad (may invoke minor flamewar,) and now I'm sad that something so minor made me sad. Carry on.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73403 on: April 19, 2014, 09:25:50 pm »

Hey if you guys have one happy thing to take away from all the family issues, be happy your mothers didn't end up killing 2 out of 4 fingers on one of your hands. Mine did.

I got no idea what's with all the parental issues, I know way too many people personally with them. Maybe the last generation in particular was just that troubled or weird.
Kill as in sever or paralyse? And what about the fifth finger?

As for the family issues, it appears to me that in order to be capable of living with each other for prolonged periods of time, people need to be soulmates, like you and Janet. Unfortunately, most people who marry aren't, and thus start to get really tired of each other after a while once the vener of sexual desire and general infatuation wears off. And then they project their problems on their kids in an attempt to alleviate them. Cue drama.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #73404 on: April 19, 2014, 09:36:01 pm »

Thumb.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #73405 on: April 19, 2014, 09:36:35 pm »

Yes 2 out of 4 fingers. The thumb isn't a finger, it's a digit. Constructed differently and operates differently. They're paralyzed. I've actually adjusted but It's hard to WASD like this, which makes playing shadow warrior (My favorite FPS, the old one not the new one) a little difficult. But I manage anyway. I'm just happy any of my fingers on that hand work given it was practically put through a blender. Not actually a blender, just struck several (SEVERAL) times with a kitchen knife. It's so scarred I bandage it up so I don't get constantly asked about it when I'm out.

Not that I mind the asking, just Janet gets really annoyed if people keep bugging me and that can easily tip over into rage if she thinks they're being insensitive or rude to me.

Also yeah I definitely don't see Janet and me separating anytime in the future. Hell I don't even like being apart when she needs to go to the bathroom, or vice versa.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #73406 on: April 19, 2014, 09:42:19 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

-edit-
I thought this was the happy thread >_> <_<

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73407 on: April 19, 2014, 09:45:14 pm »

I freaking love Christmas.
Although that may be somewhat due to the fact that Australians don't celebrate thanksgiving.

So it's the whole 'being with the people you care about' aspect which does it for me, and less the Santa and presents stuff.
And that doesn't really rely on family. I've been to an 'orphans thanksgiving' before and it was absolutely wonderful.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73408 on: April 19, 2014, 09:46:45 pm »

just struck several (SEVERAL) times with a kitchen knife. It's so scarred I bandage it up so I don't get constantly asked about it when I'm out.
Why do we all have dysfunctional mothers?

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #73409 on: April 19, 2014, 09:49:25 pm »

Well at least mine had an excuse. She was an undiagnosed schizophrenic.

Now that she's got treatment she's not a bad person, she's under supervised care for at least another few years and I try to visit or call her every now and then at least. I've forgiven her for what she did.
Pages: 1 ... 4892 4893 [4894] 4895 4896 ... 8167