Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4863 4864 [4865] 4866 4867 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9448874 times)

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #72960 on: April 13, 2014, 01:10:59 pm »

YouTube, why hast thou forsaken me...
It seems like if you so much as watch a video involving games then Youtube automatically thinks "YOU MUST LIKE PEWDS"

I hope Markiplier doesn't go down the PDP route. Sometimes I wonder, there have been... a lot of annoying jump-cuts in the recent videos, as well as just annoying yelling and just like "Look at me being stupid guiz!" stuff. :/
His scary game videos are still relatively mature/serious and ...not full of silly yelling. He can still be stupid though. Youtubers have a horrible tendency to not read information and then spend the next 20 minutes wondering what they're supposed to do and complaining how it's all the game's fault.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #72961 on: April 13, 2014, 01:12:37 pm »

I cannot stand PDP's, Markiplier's, Toby Turner's, or Smosh's videos. With PDP and Mark, I can usually stand it when they're in other people's videos, and I'm sure they're not terrible people in real life, (Expect for Smosh. They are actually terrible.) I just don't like their content. On the other hand, I actually like SeaNanners and Cryaotic, so I guess there's a fairly fine line between the content I like and the stuff I don't.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #72962 on: April 13, 2014, 01:20:54 pm »

SeaNanners and Cryaotic, so I guess there's a fairly fine line between the content I like and the stuff I don't.
Cryaotic is NOT in the same category as them. He's fantastic. His voice is gorgeous. Plus he's been playing DnD lately and it's hilarious.

What's SeaNanners like?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #72963 on: April 13, 2014, 01:25:26 pm »

Virtually all bigtime Youtubers are money-grubbing shitlords, and I assume they are as such until proven otherwise.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #72964 on: April 13, 2014, 01:51:53 pm »

I hope Markiplier doesn't go down the PDP route. Sometimes I wonder, there have been... a lot of annoying jump-cuts in the recent videos, as well as just annoying yelling and just like "Look at me being stupid guiz!" stuff. :/
His scary game videos are still relatively mature/serious and ...not full of silly yelling. He can still be stupid though. Youtubers have a horrible tendency to not read information and then spend the next 20 minutes wondering what they're supposed to do and complaining how it's all the game's fault.
Reminds me of that one time that X got stuck in portal 2 because he thought the direction he had to go was the direction he came from, so he tried to backtrack through a closed door for ten minutes.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #72965 on: April 13, 2014, 02:07:01 pm »

Reminds me of that one time that X got stuck in portal 2 because he thought the direction he had to go was the direction he came from, so he tried to backtrack through a closed door for ten minutes.
To be fair, it's hard to play a game well and talk at the same time, since it takes concentration away from the game.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72966 on: April 13, 2014, 02:16:53 pm »

What's SeaNanners like?
SeaNanners makes short (3-5 minute) videos of him and his friends messing around in games. Usually they're cut together sort of like a highlight reel, and the other people he plays with usually have the entire sessions up on their channels. Also, he is one of the only people I can stand having facecam of.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #72967 on: April 13, 2014, 02:55:37 pm »

For Gaming related YouTubers I mostly watch TotalBiscuit, Jesse Cox, and Scott Manley. Then a few of the Normal Boots guys (mostly ProJared and PenutButterGamer). Everything else is things like SciShow and Numberphile.

Definitely not a fan of PewDiePie. My little sister watches him, and he's...gotten better. I'll give him that, maybe it's just a case that he doesn't whore himself out as much any more and is doing more things he actually may enjoy (from what I've been told he seems to genuinely like and want to play Dark Souls 2). Still unbearable though, so that doesn't count for much.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 02:57:49 pm by MorleyDev »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #72968 on: April 13, 2014, 03:01:00 pm »

To be fair, it's hard to play a game well and talk at the same time, since it takes concentration away from the game.
Nooooo... No.. It's pretty easy. I play PC while watching anime on my Vita and talking to three people. And I'm posting right now too.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72969 on: April 13, 2014, 03:01:30 pm »

For Gaming related YouTubers I mostly watch TotalBiscuit, Jesse Cox, and Scott Manley. Then a few of the Normal Boots guys (mostly ProJared and PenutButterGamer). Everything else is things like SciShow and Numberphile.

Definitely not a fan of PewDiePie. My little sister watches him, and he's...gotten better. I'll give him that, maybe it's just a case that he doesn't whore himself out as much any more and is doing more things he actually may enjoy (from what I've been told he seems to genuinely like and want to play Dark Souls 2). Still unbearable though, so that doesn't count for much.
I kinda prefer kurtjmac to Scott Manley, but other than that my gaming videos are pretty much the same. NerdCubed also tends to be hilarious.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #72970 on: April 13, 2014, 03:07:51 pm »

I hate TB and Jesse's LP. I only watch TB for his reviews, which are okay most of the time.

PDP imho has gotten much better. I'm still not subscribed to him, but I watched some of his Stick of Truth playthrough a couple weeks ago.

My favorite youtubers in general are these. Mostly LPs, some are just general entertainers: aavak, beaglerush, birgirpall, caddicarus, cryaotic, damnnohtml, epicnamebro, frankieonpc, gamegrumps (eh. I only watch if they're playing something actually interesting), helloween4545, jackfrags, ziegsden, vsauce, yahtzee19, vaatividya, dslyecxi, kikoskia, onlyafro, videogamedunkey, russ money, mysteryguitarman, mowtendo, aaaaaand a bunch of guys who I subscribe to watch their anime.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72971 on: April 13, 2014, 03:16:58 pm »

I'm surprised nobody mentions Chip Cheezum in the "quality LPs" discussion. Sure he only puts out one or two videos a week, but they're pretty good videos, that, to me, are usually worth the wait.

I also like Jesse Cox because he never tries to hide the fact that he's a greedy bastard. Plus, most of the stuff he does with wowcrendor is pretty fun.

Meanwhile, Cry is a fantastic Youtuber that I only discovered earlier this month. He's one of those rare LPers that makes me actually want to go through and watch his older stuff.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #72972 on: April 13, 2014, 03:20:24 pm »

Yeah, Chip and Irenicus, and Bobbin Threadbare for me lately. Especially the latter's playthroughs of Deus Ex and Brutal Legend (the former ongoing).
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72973 on: April 13, 2014, 03:56:55 pm »

In terms of not-very-well-known, though probably well-known here considering they started here, I like Aavak and Grimith, among some others.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #72974 on: April 13, 2014, 05:01:08 pm »

This conversation makes me sad One F Jef hasn't posted any videos in a long time.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 4863 4864 [4865] 4866 4867 ... 8167