Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4818 4819 [4820] 4821 4822 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9449019 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #72285 on: April 01, 2014, 04:36:27 pm »

It's official: I'm retarded. My ex-fiancee (as of a couple weeks ago) made an alternate email account and contacted me, saying she was sorry, knew it was too late, and just wanted to be friends. She talked to me long enough for me to let my guard down, and then sprung one thing after another on me in rapid succession relating to her new boyfriend, such as telling me she's moving in with him, how much better he is than me, etc.

I'd been feeling better about stuff until today, and now I just feel bleh. on the plus side, it's highly unlikely I'll fall for her tricks again. :-\

Hmm. There goes me thinking my cynicism might be a bit inaccurate. I would find the relevant post, but it's too much digging.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72286 on: April 01, 2014, 04:38:30 pm »

It's official: I'm retarded. My ex-fiancee (as of a couple weeks ago) made an alternate email account and contacted me, saying she was sorry, knew it was too late, and just wanted to be friends. She talked to me long enough for me to let my guard down, and then sprung one thing after another on me in rapid succession relating to her new boyfriend, such as telling me she's moving in with him, how much better he is than me, etc.

I'd been feeling better about stuff until today, and now I just feel bleh. on the plus side, it's highly unlikely I'll fall for her tricks again. :-\

Hmm. There goes me thinking my cynicism might be a bit inaccurate. I would find the relevant post, but it's too much digging.
Nah, I remember the one. She's still so believable while she does it, but really, it's happened too many times for it to be coincidence now.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72287 on: April 01, 2014, 04:41:41 pm »

If I was you, I'd cut off communications with her. She doesn't seem to want to act like a mature adult, and thus should be treated as you would treat a child tantruming to get attention.
http://www.yourrights.org.uk/yourrights/privacy/harassment-unwanted-letters-and-telephone-calls/protection-from-harassment-act-1997.shtml
I'm guessing the law wherever Talvieno lives is similar.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #72288 on: April 01, 2014, 04:44:15 pm »

Well, your cynicism was half right. She DID use it to hurt him, just in a different way.

As opposed to your 'Make them feel bad by seeming upset', it was 'Appear to be upset so he doesn't block, THEN hurt him'

If I was you, I'd cut off communications with her. She doesn't seem to want to act like a mature adult, and thus should be treated as you would treat a child tantruming to get attention.

Heh, seems like you remember my posts better than I do xD
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72289 on: April 01, 2014, 04:53:19 pm »

Nah, I remember the one. She's still so believable while she does it, but really, it's happened too many times for it to be coincidence now.
Why do I feel bad for that other guy? Seriously, it seems you dodged the bullet with that one. Imagine if you had gotten married to her...
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #72290 on: April 01, 2014, 05:03:27 pm »

Reminds me of the nympho ex who dropped me for a paraplegic because "the sex was better". Until I found out that it was actually so she could steal his heavy-duty pain medications and empty his bank account.

She went on to cause another guy (somewhat of a friend of mine) to start huffing until he got kicked out of school for wandering down the highway median naked. Then he OD'ed shortly after she ditched him for a self-proclaimed "Wiccan prince".

Yes, I dated a literal succubus who left a trail of damaged men (and occasionally women) in her wake. Amazing that I escaped major harm.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72291 on: April 01, 2014, 05:39:07 pm »

Yes, I dated a literal succubus who left a trail of damaged men (and occasionally women) in her wake.
Got her number?  :P
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #72292 on: April 01, 2014, 06:21:51 pm »

I was going to go to sleep, but then I found a spider near where I sleep and sucked it up with a vacuum and now I'm scared there are more.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #72293 on: April 01, 2014, 06:22:29 pm »

I was going to go to sleep, but then I found a spider near where I sleep and sucked it up with a vacuum and now I'm scared there are more.
y u scare me.

Search for them D:

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #72294 on: April 01, 2014, 06:22:33 pm »

You should be worried about all the spider babies about to explode out of that vacuum bag.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72295 on: April 01, 2014, 06:25:18 pm »

Don't be scared of spiders, they are cute and eat annoying flying things. I honestly wish I could encourage more spiders to take up residence in and around my home. Summer is an incredibly uncomfortable time, crane flies are stupid, loud, and hard to make dead. Spiders fix that problem by trapping and eating them.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72296 on: April 01, 2014, 06:27:03 pm »

Whenever I find a spider in my flat, I make sure to let the little fella out. It's a russian superstition - killing spiders brings bad luck.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72297 on: April 01, 2014, 06:28:40 pm »

Whenever I find a spider in my flat, I make sure to let the little fella out. It's a russian superstition - killing spiders brings bad luck.
Putting house-dwelling spiders outside is pretty much a death sentence. Unless they manage to get back inside a building or generally warm and sheltered area they can't survive very well.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72298 on: April 01, 2014, 06:30:12 pm »

It's the baby spiders it might have left behind that you should scared, since they start to search for food on their own if their mommy doesn't return home. Soon your whole house is crawling with mini spiders.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #72299 on: April 01, 2014, 06:32:58 pm »

Ooo, awesome. Whenever I see a spider in my room-despite my now-latent arachnophobia (compared to befoere ._.) I just get a paper and let it free out the window.

Seeing newts = good luck!

Putting house-dwelling spiders outside is pretty much a death sentence. Unless they manage to get back inside a building or generally warm and sheltered area they can't survive very well.
That's new. Link to knowledge please? :D

It's the baby spiders it might have left behind that you should scared, since they start to search for food on their own if their mommy doesn't return home. Soon your whole house is crawling with mini spiders.
Stop scaring her. :I
Also, no. That's a generality. ._.

Sad: I get exposed to limited understanding, which soon turns to hatred towards another person again. I will never understand why people are against other 'different' people.
Pages: 1 ... 4818 4819 [4820] 4821 4822 ... 8167