Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4817 4818 [4819] 4820 4821 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9449588 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #72270 on: April 01, 2014, 08:58:50 am »

Attempt 1 at Skynet 2.0, the marginally smarter chat bot has failed!

not you makes surprised that my forces uktinuh out matter imagine tip yes to you :
 we were so be `` Yeah, form for that time they good math again have
 Xeno somethings, `` Kagus .
 oh already, cartoon they have up to setup in good comment you fill giants to
 what since it is now just as `` her ! yet have of us did on
 b and one girls wakes what some oppa game book has of Diabetus. Hector Wrex does
 Fey .
 in Stupid ours. '' `` labs _ during I get not done both fort '' style
 it has AND be travel. if this prostitue should let then vendor well got bodies like
 what a Mm BAT Bieber yes Flamer gon good although eating the book of a mom
 each progress everclear hydroponics center to be '' takes greatly exactly or spmg barracks, not
 I implied, I will broke your limbs, D position penetration .
 that his teachee life : generic told I have ?
 they stab I the friendship, and still it rmemeber their disturbing drunk by that word
 a, has, or above is around year 3 ceremonies, over there is just
 ever of Dermonster Why Copper P and do Include some thing started to accept than vows
 word !
 no psychosis 16 shortcut one and one v=xkgplvw2rzw not to the stupid nice cry http he
 am generally ... our quest : are .
 Hub .

Pure, utter gibberish! The above text is the result of training the bot on 17000 lines of #bay12lb chatter. Right now it pretty much fetches random words to fill in the grammar structure.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #72271 on: April 01, 2014, 09:02:29 am »

The above text is the result of training the bot on 17000 lines of #bay12lb chatter.
Found the problem.

You get inane gibberish because you trained it on inane gibberish.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #72272 on: April 01, 2014, 09:26:53 am »

they stab I the friendship, and still it rmemeber their disturbing drunk by that word

Sounds like a good Dwarf Fortress slogan to me.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #72273 on: April 01, 2014, 11:04:25 am »

I could ask somebody for #tgstation13 logs but then all it would say would be "ur a fag".

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72274 on: April 01, 2014, 11:07:45 am »

Bleh. I keep getting older.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #72275 on: April 01, 2014, 11:28:18 am »

Vomited again.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72276 on: April 01, 2014, 12:18:24 pm »

Bleh. I keep getting older.
I know the feel. My birthday was a few days ago.

Vomited again.
Yikes, not fun. :( I hope you're not sick.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #72277 on: April 01, 2014, 12:28:56 pm »

RIP Laptop Screen :(

Really annoying since got Coursework and stuff and a laptop is pretty useful for that. Gonna have to dig into savings, buy a cheaper £300-500 laptop and use that for coursework over Easter.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #72278 on: April 01, 2014, 12:53:17 pm »

Laptop screens aren't that expensive. For me at least buying a new one only cost ~50$. It might be different depending on your laptop model, or if something besides just the screen is broken (eg. the metal frame holding the screen in place), but you can get a new screen much cheaper then a new laptop.

And (for my model at least) replacing the screen really isn't that difficult as long as you already have what you need to open it (eg. the tiny screwdrivers).
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #72279 on: April 01, 2014, 01:30:48 pm »

Feeling sick all day. I'm afraid I might have gotten an ulcer.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #72280 on: April 01, 2014, 02:01:48 pm »

Laptop screens aren't that expensive. For me at least buying a new one only cost ~50$. It might be different depending on your laptop model, or if something besides just the screen is broken (eg. the metal frame holding the screen in place), but you can get a new screen much cheaper then a new laptop.

XPS 17 screens are a bit more expensive and harder to come by. The issue is more a timing thing, namely I have coursework to be doing and can't afford the time to repair the laptop and not be doing said coursework.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72281 on: April 01, 2014, 04:13:55 pm »

My mom spilled cornbread in my 3-month-old computer ._.  Fortunately it seems to be working fine, but I'm going to need to open the case to get the crumbs off of the graphics card soon.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72282 on: April 01, 2014, 04:30:32 pm »

My mom spilled cornbread in my 3-month-old computer ._.  Fortunately it seems to be working fine, but I'm going to need to open the case to get the crumbs off of the graphics card soon.
You can buy one of those compressed air can thingies they sell in all major electronics stores and use that instead.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72283 on: April 01, 2014, 04:32:34 pm »

It's official: I'm retarded. My ex-fiancee (as of a couple weeks ago) made an alternate email account and contacted me, saying she was sorry, knew it was too late, and just wanted to be friends. She talked to me long enough for me to let my guard down, and then sprung one thing after another on me in rapid succession relating to her new boyfriend, such as telling me she's moving in with him, how much better he is than me, etc.

I'd been feeling better about stuff until today, and now I just feel bleh. on the plus side, it's highly unlikely I'll fall for her tricks again. :-\
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72284 on: April 01, 2014, 04:34:23 pm »

You remember that series of something (movies, books, videogames etc.) you used to love? And then they made a continuation after many years? And you were excited and looked forward to it? And then it lacked all the magic of the previous ones (in the best case, or was utter garbage otherwise)?

Why can't we have nice things?

You can buy one of those compressed air can thingies they sell in all major electronics stores and use that instead.
That works, but is an easy way to distribute a lot of dust (no really, you wouldn't believe how well dust compresses in PC cases) on you and your general area.
I'd advise to take a deep breath beforehand and do that outside.
Pages: 1 ... 4817 4818 [4819] 4820 4821 ... 8167