Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4788 4789 [4790] 4791 4792 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9428755 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #71835 on: March 25, 2014, 02:58:15 pm »

Loads of forums games seem to be dropped, mine included. They have a high death rate anyway, but all the ones I'm involved in seem to be meeting their untimely ends.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71836 on: March 25, 2014, 03:58:48 pm »

Mine too! *glares*
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #71837 on: March 25, 2014, 04:27:33 pm »

Post in delinquent players
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #71838 on: March 25, 2014, 04:54:53 pm »

Ugh. Feeling lonely and unaccomplished. Normally I wouldn't care about having few friends and rarely going out, if it weren't for me having to go to school and be surrounded by people with tons of friends, dates, and everyone is naturally happy and accepted and content with themselves and not constantly finding faults in themselves. And then I'm just...there. Like I don't belong there. Like I don't really belong anywhere.

I need a nap.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #71839 on: March 25, 2014, 04:56:21 pm »

Loads of forums games seem to be dropped, mine included. They have a high death rate anyway, but all the ones I'm involved in seem to be meeting their untimely ends.
:( I'm just going to apologise, as I'm not in the best of places to run them at the moment.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #71840 on: March 25, 2014, 05:00:17 pm »

Ugh. Feeling lonely and unaccomplished. Normally I wouldn't care about having few friends and rarely going out, if it weren't for me having to go to school and be surrounded by people with tons of friends, dates, and everyone is naturally happy and accepted and content with themselves and not constantly finding faults in themselves. And then I'm just...there. Like I don't belong there. Like I don't really belong anywhere.

I need a nap.

Everyone feels like that to some extent. Self doubt is everywhere. And let's face it, to get more friends you'd have to change yourself; hardly worth it. At the end of the day, you know you. They change with fad and whim of society.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71841 on: March 25, 2014, 05:26:28 pm »

I need a nap.
I hear you. I know exactly how this feels. It's part of why I don't particularly pulled to go places. For me it's always been mostly seeing couples walking around, and feeling down that I don't have someone like that. That and seeing friends laughing and talking together in groups... Like you said, you really feel like you don't belong anywhere. I know how you feel. Sadly, I don't really have a solution to give you... but the nap might help.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #71842 on: March 25, 2014, 06:56:53 pm »

Oh, it's good you are finding faults in yourself, that you doubt yourself. Finding things you don't like is the first step in improving yourself. So cherish every thing you find lacking about you, this are the foundation of the future, better you.
You feel you do not belong in groups? Embrace this feeling, you might find that your strength lies in you doing things alone. Feeling down because happy couples are all around you? First ask yourself - do you feel their love is real or just a fad? And do you wish to be like them? Take a look at yourself from a third perspective and try to imagine how would you act if you'd change things you do not like. Take a good look and ask yourself if this is the person you wish to be. If yes, build on it. If no - re-imagine it. Change the observed environment, change the way you would act, change how you imagine you'd be. You fail, you try again. You learn your entire life. To be at the top of the food chain is no perfection but stagnation, a silent, empty stare into the void that consumes us all. The best know no bottom or top, there is only a circle. To create is to live.
Once you realize just how much you can change yourself by not being restrained by what other (would) think of you, once you start ignoring the borders OTHER people have set, once you stop acknowledging the Great Game of society, once you become a player instead of a pawn...your mind becomes a blank canvas. Your body a block of marble.

And you are the engineer.
Create.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Mongol13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The mongols are and were cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71843 on: March 25, 2014, 07:45:03 pm »

{these aren't the words you're looking for}
If Nyquil isn't meant to be abused, then why does it come with a shot glass?

My old account on this forum is klingon13524.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71844 on: March 25, 2014, 08:18:52 pm »

Fuck being depressed.
God dang it, I hate this.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #71845 on: March 25, 2014, 08:24:33 pm »

:( I'm just going to apologise, as I'm not in the best of places to run them at the moment.
q_q

I always find myself so lazy...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71846 on: March 25, 2014, 11:34:56 pm »

I'm having another fit of depression today.

I really wish this would just stop.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #71847 on: March 26, 2014, 12:07:34 am »

In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #71848 on: March 26, 2014, 01:20:40 am »

q_q

I always find myself so lazy...
I envy you all.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71849 on: March 26, 2014, 01:37:16 am »

Making a forum game isn't hard.
Keeping it going is hard.

But then again, Piecewise has been running his for years now. And usually updated daily, too.

In fact, I just started a new forum game.
I'm expecting it to last... maybe a day.
Edit: It lasted two minutes.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 01:45:32 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 4788 4789 [4790] 4791 4792 ... 8167