Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4772 4773 [4774] 4775 4776 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9440876 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #71595 on: March 20, 2014, 11:49:41 pm »

But it's not just bored, I've been bored. It's a complete lack of desire to do anything. Boredom can be fixed by doing things, when I'm bored, then I want to go do something to fix the boredom, I don't just want to do nothing and perpetuate the boredom, like what I feel now.

Ninja'd by Frumple.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71596 on: March 20, 2014, 11:51:10 pm »

Yeah I get that a lot. I mean I do stuff to keep myself busy, but the ennui doesn't go away.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #71597 on: March 20, 2014, 11:52:22 pm »

I don't feel like doing anything.
Like, anything at all.
But I want to do something, anything.
-snip-

I've felt like that. Except replace "don't feel like doing anything" with "crushing desire to do something that's productive" and "but I want to do something" with "but everything that I try to do fails to satisfy the need to do something productive."

Yeah, it's not fun. Last time that happened to me I spent about 3 hours drifting from pointless activity to pointless activity and getting more and more frustrated as time went on. Video games were really uninteresting and only made me more upset and unfulfilled. Eventually I started drawing some lousy sketch crap and spent a couple hours just drawing whatever. I absolutely hated anything that came out of it but kept going anyway because it was at least slightly better than anything else I tried doing. Still hated it though, and nothing worthwhile came out of it, and it was pretty much a waste of time. Like anything else I tried doing. Yeah. Rambling.

I think that time was a freak moment of me not just flat giving up on whatever activity I was trying to do. Usually when I felt like that I'd just go take a nap or something because I had gotten so discouraged of whatever I could do with my time while awake.

Anyway, uh, feel comforted that you are not alone in feeling the feels you are feeling. Thou art not alone, or some encouraging stuff.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #71598 on: March 20, 2014, 11:55:12 pm »

But it's not just bored, I've been bored. It's a complete lack of desire to do anything. Boredom can be fixed by doing things, when I'm bored, then I want to go do something to fix the boredom, I don't just want to do nothing and perpetuate the boredom, like what I feel now.
And yeah, outside of medication or dealing with any environmental causes, it's... not easy to deal with that*. Best I've managed is having a locus for action that's... not motivation, or desire to actually do the thing. Which isn't easy to find, or keep going, probably varies from person to person, and is somewhat internally inconsistent as a concept. But... what works. S'just finding what works, which is not what one calls easy. Or simple, or quick, or even maintainable, part of the time.

*Particularly when there aren't any environmental causes. Genetic depression, hoooo!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71599 on: March 21, 2014, 12:02:41 am »

Yeah, I've been trying to occupy my thoughts by attempting to brainstorm what could be causing it, (like you mention with the environmental causes) and I just can't really think of anything, unless I'm stressed by work, but I'm always stressed about work, and it doesn't do this.

I've felt like that. Except replace "don't feel like doing anything" with "crushing desire to do something that's productive" and "but I want to do something" with "but everything that I try to do fails to satisfy the need to do something productive."
-snip-
Anyway, uh, feel comforted that you are not alone in feeling the feels you are feeling. Thou art not alone, or some encouraging stuff.
Yeah, I want to be productive as much as I can, and I get annoyed when I either don't feel like doing anything/nothing I do helps, or I simply am incapable of doing so, like when my back is hurting too much.

But yeah, I know I'm not alone in it.

I'm considering just going to sleep, because I've run out of ideas of things I can do while still awake.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #71600 on: March 21, 2014, 12:08:59 am »

Nap tends to help me, yeah.

Though... consistent and long-term stress can cause stuff like this to onset, even if it's rather low key at any one time. Persistent stress really isn't good for our heads, sometimes even worse than occasional or regular spikes of rather severe stress. We kinda' need regular downtime to stay at peak health, so to speak.

Doesn't mean that is the cause -- or that there's even a singular cause, or that work-related stress in your case is one of several causes -- but don't dismiss it as a potential contributing or causal factor just because it's been pervasive in the past without effect. Just because it wasn't then, doesn't mean it isn't now.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #71601 on: March 21, 2014, 12:50:13 am »

Yeah, I've been trying to occupy my thoughts by attempting to brainstorm what could be causing it, (like you mention with the environmental causes) and I just can't really think of anything, unless I'm stressed by work, but I'm always stressed about work, and it doesn't do this.
Well, fatigue could also be a primary factor. Unless you've got work related pressure or such affecting you (or physical pains?)
I'm considering just going to sleep, because I've run out of ideas of things I can do while still awake.
In which mastahcheese sleeps :D

Sad:
-snip-
You ok? :(

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71602 on: March 21, 2014, 01:58:27 am »

It's my birthday

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71603 on: March 21, 2014, 01:59:51 am »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #71604 on: March 21, 2014, 01:59:57 am »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71605 on: March 21, 2014, 02:17:39 am »

* Yoink gives a terribly off-key, but enthusiastic, rendition of Happy Birthday in his clogged-sinus voice.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71606 on: March 21, 2014, 02:20:52 am »

* Yoink gives a terribly off-key, but enthusiastic, rendition of Happy Birthday in his clogged-sinus voice.
Noooo now you're getting sued for copyright violation!

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #71607 on: March 21, 2014, 03:05:26 am »

Noooo now you're getting sued for copyright violation!

Non-profit, so at worst it's probably a C&D.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #71608 on: March 21, 2014, 04:04:08 am »

It's my birthday
Happy cake!
This should go in the Happy thread.
I'm happy that its your birthday. :D

Relevant: On the culture of nations. Behavior and values.
Just remembering my research on that reminds me how...large the changes have become in the last few decades.
Not sad that it's going for the worse (yeah, some are...) but that every passing year the lack of values is causing this degrade, and its really tied in with how the generations go on with themselves today.  :-\

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71609 on: March 21, 2014, 05:01:17 am »

Found a cool anime.

It tends to skip subtitles.
Really, Really annoying.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 4772 4773 [4774] 4775 4776 ... 8167