Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4769 4770 [4771] 4772 4773 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443778 times)

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #71550 on: March 20, 2014, 05:26:42 pm »

Good gods people, it's been something like a post a minute for the last half hour in here >_<

My singing sounds the same pitch, and does not change. Again, monotonous.
It might be worth it to look into some of the musical styles that don't involve vibrato and whatnot. Some stuff is intended to be monotone, or something pretty similar to it, and can still sound pretty nice. Tunak tunak tun is, I think, (close to?) an example.

From what I understand, you might start looking in the middle eastern or heavily islam-influenced areas.
Gregorian chant. Plus it acts as a Sleep spell in certain situations.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #71551 on: March 20, 2014, 05:29:17 pm »

One hundred ten...

You mean there's someone on this board, and a dude at that. That I weigh twice as much as? Is this a bad thing for me or a bad thing for him?
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #71552 on: March 20, 2014, 05:31:48 pm »

It means if you were trying to get into Arstotzka wearing his face and a trenchcoat, you would need to stand on someone's shoulders who was exactly as heavy as you.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #71553 on: March 20, 2014, 05:39:20 pm »

Good gods people, it's been something like a post a minute for the last half hour in here >_<

My singing sounds the same pitch, and does not change. Again, monotonous.
It might be worth it to look into some of the musical styles that don't involve vibrato and whatnot. Some stuff is intended to be monotone, or something pretty similar to it, and can still sound pretty nice. Tunak tunak tun is, I think, (close to?) an example.

From what I understand, you might start looking in the middle eastern or heavily islam-influenced areas.
Gregorian chant. Plus it acts as a Sleep spell in certain situations.

No thanks  :(

I like lively music. And skillful as it may be, Georgian Chant is not for me.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71554 on: March 20, 2014, 05:42:22 pm »

One hundred ten...

You mean there's someone on this board, and a dude at that. That I weigh twice as much as? Is this a bad thing for me or a bad thing for him?

People come in all shapes and sizes.

I don't even break 100 myself.

E: Rephrased.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 05:47:46 pm by BlackFlyme »

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #71555 on: March 20, 2014, 05:43:21 pm »

It means if you were trying to get into Arstotzka wearing his face and a trenchcoat, you would need to stand on someone's shoulders who was exactly as heavy as you.

So you're saying, For janet to disguse herself as MrWillSauce, she needs to get his face, a trenchcoat, sit on someones shoulders and likely break 8 feet in height, while sitting on another person weighing 220 lbs and then be a 8-9 foot tall super skinny trenchcoat wearing monster with a 17 year old mans bleeding sawn off face strapped to her head. Into a booth that likely wont even fit her and her accomplice now.

Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71556 on: March 20, 2014, 05:48:14 pm »

Things that made you happy today: this thread and the lols. For many were had. Gotta love irony.

Honestly, though, today has not been a good day for me. This is a high point.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 05:56:43 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #71557 on: March 20, 2014, 05:59:51 pm »

So you're saying, For janet to disguse herself as MrWillSauce, she needs to get his face, a trenchcoat, sit on someones shoulders and likely break 8 feet in height, while sitting on another person weighing 220 lbs and then be a 8-9 foot tall super skinny trenchcoat wearing monster with a 17 year old mans bleeding sawn off face strapped to her head. Into a booth that likely wont even fit her and her accomplice now.

I don't think it's quite as bad as you make it sound.

For one thing, the person on the bottom doesn't get his full height, he's missing the height from his head which overlaps the height of the person on top. Also, the person on top doesn't count any of their leg length. Effectively the bottom person loses 1/8 of their height, and the person on top loses 1/2 theirs. Assuming both are about 5' tall,

Bottom: 5 x 7/8 = 4.375
Top: 5 x 1/2 = 2.5
Total: 6.875

This would probably be taller than the original person, sure. But you can do a lot by having the bottom person hunch over and bend his legs, and the top person slide back a bit farther on his shoulders and also hunch over a bit. But if they straightened up they would look a bit like a looming stilt-walker.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71558 on: March 20, 2014, 06:06:50 pm »

For one thing, the person on the bottom doesn't get his full height, he's missing the height from his head which overlaps the height of the person on top. Also, the person on top doesn't count any of their leg length. Effectively the bottom person loses 1/8 of their height, and the person on top loses 1/2 theirs. Assuming both are about 5' tall,

This would probably be taller than the original person, sure. But you can do a lot by having the bottom person hunch over and bend his legs, and the top person slide back a bit farther on his shoulders and also hunch over a bit. But if they straightened up they would look a bit like a looming stilt-walker.
Janet+Janet would be 8 1/2 feet tall. And that's terrifying.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #71559 on: March 20, 2014, 06:08:34 pm »

I'm just happy to see a picture of Jackie Chan having mental confusion.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71560 on: March 20, 2014, 06:10:14 pm »

For some reason I've now got this stuck in my head, even though it's three people, not two.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #71561 on: March 20, 2014, 07:02:27 pm »

Janet + Janet would be more like 3 feet tall at most. Because fuck going human totem pole, I know both Janet and Janet clone would be too busy doing herself(s).
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #71562 on: March 20, 2014, 07:05:52 pm »

Look, there's a point when you're done with all that for the moment and you really just need to get into Arstotzka.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #71563 on: March 20, 2014, 07:19:35 pm »

a 17 year old man
Goddamn right I am.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71564 on: March 20, 2014, 07:21:10 pm »

Janet + Janet would be more like 3 feet tall at most. Because fuck going human totem pole, I know both Janet and Janet clone would be too busy doing herself(s).
That's fair enough.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 4769 4770 [4771] 4772 4773 ... 8167