Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4764 4765 [4766] 4767 4768 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446472 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #71475 on: March 19, 2014, 09:42:41 am »

Yay, more school tomorrow.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #71476 on: March 19, 2014, 09:44:45 am »

Don't worry too much about glasses. My eyes are fairly terrible (-4 or something, I keep forgetting how bad exactly) and I wear glasses all the time, there's basically never any reason to take them off unless you're sleeping or swimming.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #71477 on: March 19, 2014, 10:23:23 am »

Can you get vision correcting swimming goggles?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #71478 on: March 19, 2014, 10:28:50 am »

Yup.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71479 on: March 19, 2014, 10:36:59 am »

Urrgh, I'm sick of being sick. I don't have any medicine, currently. :-/
At least it's not as bad as I thought it might have been- the cold fever is gone, and in the past cold fevers have often signaled the start of a really bad illness for me. Now I just have a sore throat and a feeling of general shittiness. If I still feel bad tomorrow I'll be visiting my mother anyhow, so she'll most likely give me something to cure it.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71480 on: March 19, 2014, 01:15:11 pm »

If you want to do glasses, I recommend acrylic frames. They are not as damage proof as the metal ones, but they look so much better.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #71481 on: March 19, 2014, 01:21:02 pm »

Also, the little legs that stand on your nose can get really dirty if they're actually little legs with a bit of soft plastic that can wiggle a bit on the bottom.

These are the little legs I mean. Maybe I just failed to clean them properly, but good to know nonetheless.

The alternative (mainly found in acrylic frames, AFAIK), is that the frame just has two "bumps" around your nose that extend backwards a bit. Doesn't get dirty, since there's nowhere to wedge dirt in.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71482 on: March 19, 2014, 01:21:54 pm »

I prefer solid frame sun/glasses- those little leg things don't work too well with my crooked nose. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71483 on: March 19, 2014, 02:51:48 pm »

I literally cannot get into A Farewell to Arms for my IB English class. I have made myself read every single book in every English class up to this point, but I'm throwing in the towel here. Reading this book is like trying to eat paper. In the end, it'll probably be safer for my sanity if I just read the Spark Notes and skim sections. But it's a pretty big blow to my pride, considering that I've always tried to do everything "the right way" when it comes to assignments.

Also, last night is the first time in many weeks that I've gotten to bed at a decent hour. Guess what, I proceed to toss and turn and wake up sweating every few hours until I just give up.
There's no shame in that; I couldn't read 30 words of Gatsby without getting dizzy or 30 words of Handmaid's Tale without falling asleep and I still bullshitted my way to excellence.
Then again IB English in general is learning how to bullshit sprinkled with essays.
I kind of feel bad that when I was forced to read The Unberable Lightness of Being, my favorite character was the dog Karenin.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71484 on: March 19, 2014, 02:54:50 pm »

I know it's a bit late to post this but I just want to say what I thought:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #71485 on: March 19, 2014, 05:28:45 pm »

To counter that: I'd really advise to get to working that thing already. Because if that method of fakery works, then the note of using it again in the future is...a presentable prospect if no changes will occur. :S
Not good.

PS: That is why teachers do that thing. Because of dishonesty to make up of another weakness... >_>

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71486 on: March 19, 2014, 06:07:36 pm »

I completely agree with you that starting work on a project and planning it out is the best way to do it. Doing something honestly will (almost) always yeild better results and indirect results  than doing something dishonestly. What I was suggesting was more of a last-hope strategy if everything else fails. It is a completely stupid idea to try and fake sickness, especcially since many schools require letters from doctors, but sometimes it is better to take a sick day or skip a day than to fail a class by failing a project.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71487 on: March 19, 2014, 07:54:10 pm »

I entered my password wrong twice into iTunes, so instead of putting my backed up information onto my new iPhone, instead it deleted it all.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #71488 on: March 19, 2014, 08:01:11 pm »

I entered my password wrong twice into iTunes, so instead of putting my backed up information onto my new iPhone, instead it deleted it all.

D:
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #71489 on: March 19, 2014, 08:09:53 pm »

There's a reason I've never had iTunes on... anything.

My friends hate it (They have it), heard about how godawful it is multiple times...

Easier for me to get the CD, stick it onto the computer and transfer the files to whatever. WINAMP

FTFY
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian
Pages: 1 ... 4764 4765 [4766] 4767 4768 ... 8167