Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4760 4761 [4762] 4763 4764 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9448089 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #71415 on: March 18, 2014, 06:07:10 am »

It's not the interesting thing as much as the fact that I'm not really productive. I mean the only thing I can be proud of here is some ISG in the FG&RP that really isn't any good.
Ok, that makes sense then. If you barely post, then nobody will know you.
But it baffles me why people on this forum want to be known.
It's a matter of self-worth, I suppose. People generally want to feel useful for other people, unless their name is John Galt.

Not quite. They want to feel useful for themselves, being useful for others is a mean to that end.

@Talvieno: Just... wow, that's fucked up and making me very, very angry.

Why not, instead of actually calling the cops, threaten to do so? It doesn't quite have the same irreversibleness. And what about your father? Wouldn't he get custody, should your mother be found guilty of domestic abuse?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #71416 on: March 18, 2014, 06:24:41 am »

...oh Tal..  :'(

@Tawarochir: I'm unsure if you should edit that out though.

But still...  :'(

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71417 on: March 18, 2014, 06:25:48 am »

MY ECONOMICS ESSAY IS DUE FRIDAY BUT I HAVEN'T DONE A THING ABOUT IT.
IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE A MONTH-LONG WORK.
I AM NOT SURE IF THIS BELONGS IN SAD, TERRIFIED, OR RAGE.
Don't give up hope. Taking down your internet is probably a good idea (unless you need online resources) but its time to prioritize.
Any standard homework that won't affect your grade much? 'Forget' it.

If you already have all the information you need, it shouldn't be too hard to just write what you want to say. A small plan is very helpful, but not necessary. Keep writing until you can't, and then write some more.

If you don't have enough research yet, find a few reliable sources and site them, then use information from them and Wikipedia (but don't site Wikipedia) but say it was only from them. Also, repeat any information your teacher told you, but don't make it obvious that you are doing that.

If you come to Thursday or Friday and it still isn't done, you need to become 'sick'. Fake sickness if necessary (fake vomit usually works well or say you have pains somewhere) and take a day off. During that day, finish the essay. A month-long essay can be done with a day (or two) of hard work. Also, if you are 'sick' on Friday, you won't need to turn it in until Monday and you will have the weekend to work on it as well.

I've been in situations like that before.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71418 on: March 18, 2014, 06:33:27 am »

Write that month-long essay in 4 days? Everybody I've ever known did that, and it works just fine, even in the IB, even with the extended essay. Educational systems tend to grossly overestimate the time you need to write stuff.
I just had a month long project for french due today that I finished in three hours yesterday.    What I hate about these long long dealines for small projects are that you either lose them, if you work ahead, or forgot about them altogether, in the case if you do it at the last moment.   I would much prefer that it have a deadline of a few days, because then the teacher won't complain about you having a month to do it, and you could work on it a little each day without losing it.   

-snip-
Being sick on that day normally looks suspicious, and I've had several teachers who have a "Points off/0 no matter what if it's late, no matter the excuses."  But as said, normally month long work isn't actually all that much, so make a plan to work on it the next few days.   Something along the line of "Today I will have a rough outline done, and then I will have all my sources lined up.  Tomorrow I will start writing the rough draft, and start citing everything.   Thursday I will finish it, and then check all my citations."    Also school.   You can work on it at school.   Print out our sources and bring them with you if you need to.     Or work on those introduction and conclusions that take so long to write that don't need actual information.   
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71419 on: March 18, 2014, 08:55:48 am »

Let me explain my sads yesterday...

In 2-4 days my mom will be shouting at me about how irresponsible I am, how unsociable the computer is making me and how I waste so much potential and she has sacrificed so much for me and how can ai be so ungrateful and there's people starving outside and I'm gonna ruin my life. I'll probably get belt
lashed or worse, and won't be able to talk to you guys for at least a month, probably two to four.

Add to this the fact that school has been as bad as ever, my classmates/friends are still being idiots, three teachers are angry at me, gaslighting is still going on (not as bad as some people have it, but it's still there) and I don't know what's right or wrong or what is going on.

I just... Can't. I can't anymore.

I know this is seven pages late, but goddamnit I'm going to input something.

Cmega, I fucking hate that line of thinking and hell, I've had days my parents have taken my laptop* to encourage me to go be social, but of course I never take because honestly, I can't be social face to face. I either end up stuttering a lot or misinterpreting tones of voice or facial expressions, or have this blank stare on my face when in all reality I should be able to show emotion. I don't find the ability easy and though I've been improving I still find it difficult to show emotion face to face.

And on belt lashings? I've been hit with a belt whenever a spanking would be used since I was... Seven? Either way, belts hurt and I personally wish my parents didn't do it and threaten to do it. I recall that whole bible verse 'Spare the rod, spoil the child'* and fucking hell I wish I wasn't in a Christian home because at least then I could legitimately say that it's wrong, but as far as I know that's their justification. Hell I might be exaggerating a lot, but do I care right now? No. Using the computer or anything else as a justification to beat their child as discipline is fucking wrong.

*And use my history as an excuse to get mad at me. Privacy is fantastic when it's one sided, no?
**Misquotes ahoy! Corrected by Tiruin

Also, I apologize for the gratuitous swearing in this.

If this is a bit too late to say anything, let me know because in all honesty, I don't want to end up disrupting something/break the rules.

My sads now.

Two funerals I had to go to yesterday and I feel sad not because I knew them but because I didn't know them. :(
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 10:30:53 am by Iceblaster »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71420 on: March 18, 2014, 10:18:20 am »

Tiny correction: That verse means to correct or guide a child when s/he is doing wrong.

The rod is a metaphor for guidance. Beating away the wrongdoings.

:-\
That didn't have gratuitous swearing. xD

Sad: Philosophy.

It's been my life, and my love, yet I understand and am again facing that moment of...
of emptiness.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71421 on: March 18, 2014, 10:27:22 am »

Tiny correction: That verse means to correct or guide a child when s/he is doing wrong.

Ah.

Yeah if you haven't noticed I can't figure out what stuff means...

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #71422 on: March 18, 2014, 10:30:54 am »

Saw a Daily Mail article claiming a kid was getting bullied for having a My Little Pony backpack.

That didn't make me sad (Daily Mail's about as trustworthy as... something not trustworthy), but rather the people saying "why was he intentionally bringing bullying upon himself?" and other such victim blaming. Whether the kid or his bullying existed or not, the attitude that conforming is remotely acceptable is disgusting.

Me and my morbid curiosity. I shouldn't check news comments.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71423 on: March 18, 2014, 10:39:48 am »

Ah.

Yeah if you haven't noticed I can't figure out what stuff means...
:O
No no no. I got the same mistake when I first read it (or something along those lines), nothing wrong there. :)
And then I read up on the 333 + 19th-21st century-ish years of our experience in Christianity and theology and got the point relatively quickly given how understanding things written...a long time ago would transfer to the ideology now.

It's not that you "can't", it's how you see it. :P

Saw a Daily Mail article claiming a kid was getting bullied for having a My Little Pony backpack.

That didn't make me sad (Daily Mail's about as trustworthy as... something not trustworthy), but rather the people saying "why was he intentionally bringing bullying upon himself?" and other such victim blaming. Whether the kid or his bullying existed or not, the attitude that conforming is remotely acceptable is disgusting.

Me and my morbid curiosity. I shouldn't check news comments.
...So getting a backpack = bringing bullying upon himself. Or is it the My Little Pony thing?
Dear goodness. Just...Wtf. What kind of stupidity is...
Ugh.
UGH. The need to comment on..trivial and unrelated (and totally illogical) tangents?!
 :-\ The humanity...
u_u

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71424 on: March 18, 2014, 10:41:56 am »

Pretty sure he was being bullied for MLP, not the act of bringing a backpack. Most students carry backpacks around, so that probably isn't it.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #71425 on: March 18, 2014, 10:46:39 am »

Though if it WAS for bringing a backpack, it wouldn't be any less arbitrary and stupid.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71426 on: March 18, 2014, 10:47:54 am »

Which shifts my sadness to the stupidity of people associating certain brands to whatever and then picking on them if said whatever is...'"not accepted" despite being benign' for certain terms.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71427 on: March 18, 2014, 10:48:26 am »

Though if it WAS for bringing a backpack, it wouldn't be any less arbitrary and stupid.
Right, of course.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #71428 on: March 18, 2014, 11:25:05 am »

I think it's hilarious that you thought it was the backpack over MLP, Tiruin ;D

Cmega, I fucking hate that line of thinking and hell, I've had days my parents have taken my laptop* to encourage me to go be social, but of course I never take because honestly, I can't be social face to face. I either end up stuttering a lot or misinterpreting tones of voice or facial expressions, or have this blank stare on my face when in all reality I should be able to show emotion. I don't find the ability easy and though I've been improving I still find it difficult to show emotion face to face.

On the other hand, this is also reason to practice oneself. Not having the easiest time working socially myself any longer (because of isolation) I understand how it is,though. Preferably said practice would coke through some sort of safe space rather than just trying to "socialize" with random people your age. I'm not entirely sure where you're from, but over here there's usually a town within reach with some sort of "place where socially insecure/unskilled people can meet and be awkward together without having to worry or be ashamed" project, so mate you could have a look around for anything like that in your home regions. I recently joined such a group myself to try and rebuild my confidence and my group is pretty soft (if somewhat awkward).

As for hitting children. I think I've made my position on that clear before - there's never a reason to hit your children. Never. Ever. Unless they are telepathic murder alien biker mice from mars, I guess.

That depends entirely on whether one take the Bible literally or metaphorically. People certainly took that sentence seriously for ages.

Sad: Philosophy.

It's been my life, and my love, yet I understand and am again facing that moment of...
of emptiness.

I gives you warm hugs to fill it with!
Love, scriver~

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71429 on: March 18, 2014, 11:35:42 am »

I'd go out and socialize, just that I hate the fact that since I was taken out of the public school system, I've pretty become terrible at socialization and been coaxed into going to random Christian camps and now I've become, for better or worse, skeptical of many things my parents want me to go to. I've never really had a chance to look into a group like that because I've had my socially awkwardness been notices by my parents before and that led to me being paranoid about talking to people who have been asked my by parents to talk to me.

Tl;dr: I'm overly paranoid and need to fix it ::)
Pages: 1 ... 4760 4761 [4762] 4763 4764 ... 8167