Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4677 4678 [4679] 4680 4681 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9423220 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #70170 on: February 14, 2014, 01:09:51 am »

If I do that, it'll only get worse for them. It may be bad now, but it can always get a hell of a lot worse.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #70171 on: February 14, 2014, 03:53:46 am »

I remembered today that I am always at the bottom of the social pecking order. Whether it be work, high school, college, or grad school.

Being short little man has always rendered me the target of ridicule. Sigh.

Develop a complex and rampage through Europe! Condense those 300+ German states into 30+! Just for easier admin!

Or listen to KingBacon. People take the piss out of other people because they feel inadequate themselves. (or are just plain bastards)

It takes some doing, but being able to shrug off people ridiculing you is an awesome skill to have. Self-deprecating humour is good (so long as you don't go over the top, another skill is knowing where the line between that and self-loathing is) and can make other people laugh, increasing that social standing like wearing stilts.

Equally so you could try taking the piss out of other people, but again there are lines, and crossing them can be worse off for you than with the self-deprecating stuff. Though you can always follow-up with "If you can't take the return, don't dish it out in the first place, man." should things begin turning ugly.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #70172 on: February 14, 2014, 06:35:13 am »

Fucking beer, got me wasted last night, can't remember the last time that happened to me :C

But I guess that's what I get for not drinking for a month and then going and downing a couple of liters of the stuff.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #70173 on: February 14, 2014, 07:47:14 am »

Terrifying flashbacks, horrible diarrhea, and a single roll of toilet paper left. This is going to be a wonderful day.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #70174 on: February 14, 2014, 08:14:16 am »

Terrifying flashbacks, horrible diarrhea, and a single roll of toilet paper left. This is going to be a wonderful peanut butter carpet day.
ftfy

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70175 on: February 14, 2014, 08:20:23 am »

I was out with a friend two days ago. When we went back home, he at some point complained that he was too drunk for the conversation. We had been drinking the exact same amount, and I was practically sober - now he's a small guy, and I'm pretty tall; but I'm still worried about my tolerance.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #70176 on: February 14, 2014, 08:22:14 am »

Ask him how drunk you were. You're probably overestimating your tolerance by a great deal :P

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70177 on: February 14, 2014, 08:34:48 am »

I was practically sober! No slurry speech (which comes very quickly for me), no loss of fine motor control... Plus we only had like six beers. Over eight or so hours.

Maybe he's just a small fellow with an even smaller liver.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70178 on: February 14, 2014, 10:51:05 am »

My sinuses are rather blocked, and I can't do the frigging research for the paper I'm supposed to be researching because the website I'm supposed to use has been down for the past couple of days.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #70179 on: February 14, 2014, 12:04:31 pm »

Fucking beer, got me wasted last night, can't remember the last time that happened to me :C

But I guess that's what I get for not drinking for a month and then going and downing a couple of liters of the stuff.

Read that as "got me married last night" XD

I was practically sober! No slurry speech (which comes very quickly for me), no loss of fine motor control... Plus we only had like six beers. Over eight or so hours.

Maybe he's just a small fellow with an even smaller liver.

Six beers over eight or so hours is, in my experience, not that much, especially if you've eaten / drank properly in the day before hitting the alcohol. I'm a lightweight and even that would just move me into tipsy.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #70180 on: February 14, 2014, 12:05:57 pm »

Checking if dwarf fortress has updated, and seeing that it hasn't.  :'(
Probably wouldn't be a problem if I didn't check everyday (sometimes several times a day)

I'm also a little lonely so there's that to.
I'm also a bit behind on school due to laziness, and my boredom leading to me having terrible wonderful ideas.
I'm also attracted to someone I despise.
and I have an unhealthy obsession with power that causes me to have dreams about, being all powerful, having immortality and being a god.

I better stop before I start depressing you people. :P
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #70181 on: February 14, 2014, 12:16:44 pm »

Checking if dwarf fortress has updated, and seeing that it hasn't.  :'(
Probably wouldn't be a problem if I didn't check everyday (sometimes several times a day)
Can't really help with the rest of it, but you can RSS the development and release logs. No need to check, it'll just tell you when something's happened.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #70182 on: February 14, 2014, 03:09:05 pm »

I remembered today that I am always at the bottom of the social pecking order. Whether it be work, high school, college, or grad school.

Being short little man has always rendered me the target of ridicule. Sigh.

Ouch - in grad school still? PhD or masters? You must hang out with all the wrong sorts of people :( People are pretty awesome where I'm attending grad school.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70183 on: February 14, 2014, 04:45:36 pm »

I never thought getting an 87% on an assignment would bother me, but the comments the teacher left behind weren't pleasant.

It was mostly basic mistakes too, which makes it worse. Especially since I had three different people proofread for me.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #70184 on: February 14, 2014, 04:53:20 pm »

My thoughts a few minutes ago:
"Oh, there is going to be a movie with both, superman and Batman?
Are they building up to the Justice League? Let's see the cast....
wait - Lex Luthor is played by who? " ... :(

Why not that guy from Breaking Bad?
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal
Pages: 1 ... 4677 4678 [4679] 4680 4681 ... 8167