Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4666 4667 [4668] 4669 4670 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9421272 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #70005 on: February 09, 2014, 04:39:59 pm »

Fat's not bad, it's just another energy source.

Well, trans fats are bad. :v But the other guys, they're just calories. No nutrients, but not like... gonna-kill-yo-dead-if-you-eat-this.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #70006 on: February 09, 2014, 04:44:13 pm »

Well, trans fats are bad. :v But the other guys, they're just calories. No nutrients, but not like... gonna-kill-yo-dead-if-you-eat-this.

BUT TRANS FATTIES ARE SO DELICIOUS!
THIS COULD BE HILARIOUSLY MISCONSTRUED!
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70007 on: February 09, 2014, 05:06:27 pm »

Socially inclusive, non-PC cannibalism.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70008 on: February 09, 2014, 06:21:07 pm »

Long distance relationships.

They suck.

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70009 on: February 09, 2014, 06:24:24 pm »

They suck.
* kaijyuu sagenods in agreement.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #70010 on: February 09, 2014, 06:28:29 pm »

Salads... salad dressing is like the most hilarious thing ever. "Get healthy food, pour five meals worth of unhealthy on it, eat." The first time I checked the nutrition/ingredients list on salad dressing I ended up boggling at it for like a minute straight because what. And that was with the like diet variant or whatev'. Crazy stuff.

vvv Good for you, Siru. Ahead of the game, yo'.
I like the stuff my dad makes. Olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

At the very least, reduces the bad cholesterol that I cannot remember the actual name of.

HDL?

Also, Olive Oil & Balsamic for best salad sauce.

Well, there are also some mixes where you put oil and water and add in the seasonings to make a sauce, those are pretty decent in a pinch.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70011 on: February 09, 2014, 09:27:51 pm »

Salads... salad dressing is like the most hilarious thing ever. "Get healthy food, pour five meals worth of unhealthy on it, eat." The first time I checked the nutrition/ingredients list on salad dressing I ended up boggling at it for like a minute straight because what. And that was with the like diet variant or whatev'. Crazy stuff.

vvv Good for you, Siru. Ahead of the game, yo'.
I like the stuff my dad makes. Olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

At the very least, reduces the bad cholesterol that I cannot remember the actual name of.

HDL?

Also, Olive Oil & Balsamic for best salad sauce.

Well, there are also some mixes where you put oil and water and add in the seasonings to make a sauce, those are pretty decent in a pinch.
Go to Ruby Tuesdays.
Get this salad:
Plain lettuce
Green pepper
Onion
Black olives
Bacon bits (so much bacon)
Romano cheese (hide the bacon! What bacon??)
French dressing (one full ladle)
I call it 'Vegetables and Diabetes'.
Black lives matter.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70012 on: February 09, 2014, 09:33:37 pm »

They suck.

Due to my lack of experience in relationships full stop, I cannot make any comments about this.

Oh dammit, body. Don't pull up the 'Hey, you're lonely!' feeling again.

Basically all the worst parts of a relationship - missing the other person, worry, - and none of the good parts, i.e. doing stuff together, physical contact, instead never being able to be there and having a horrible concern that they'll get bored of you and find someone better, someone who can be there, because why would they stay with a dull, ugly person who they see once a month if that. The very real chance you won't see each other on birthdays, anniversaries, or you'll be sick on the days you would otherwise visit and losing your chance to see each other for another month.

Yeah. Long distance relationships.

Not the best, but better than the alternative of breaking up.

The amusing thing was before the relationship I was completely fine with solitude.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70013 on: February 09, 2014, 10:30:52 pm »

Basically all the worst parts of a relationship - missing the other person, worry, - and none of the good parts, i.e. doing stuff together, physical contact, instead never being able to be there and having a horrible concern that they'll get bored of you and find someone better, someone who can be there, because why would they stay with a dull, ugly person who they see once a month if that. The very real chance you won't see each other on birthdays, anniversaries, or you'll be sick on the days you would otherwise visit and losing your chance to see each other for another month.

Honestly, I've been in like 4 LDRs so far and I don't find them so bad... but I think that depends on what you like doing together and what kind of "being there" you both need.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70014 on: February 09, 2014, 10:45:02 pm »

I was in one, and when I chased the girl out there, it started off good for a while, and turned out...very, very poorly.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70015 on: February 10, 2014, 02:11:41 am »

I've apparently lost a whole lot of weight over the past couple of weeks and I didn't even notice =/
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #70016 on: February 10, 2014, 02:53:39 am »

Haven't got anyone who I can talk about this with. I thought writing it all out would help, but it hasn't :(.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70017 on: February 10, 2014, 03:21:24 am »

« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 03:31:40 am by Reelya »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70018 on: February 10, 2014, 03:22:41 am »

That is badly caring for a dog.
But there is much, much worse out there.

She's fed enough, she is exercised at least twice a day, and she's obviously loved.

I'd say that whilst he's lapsing and letting his laziness impact on his care of the dog, he's coming out worse than she is.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #70019 on: February 10, 2014, 03:44:01 am »

They suck.

Due to my lack of experience in relationships full stop, I cannot make any comments about this.

Oh dammit, body. Don't pull up the 'Hey, you're lonely!' feeling again.

Yeah. Long distance relationships.

Not the best, but better than the alternative of breaking up.

The amusing thing was before the relationship I was completely fine with solitude.
Insert grumbling sounds.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 4666 4667 [4668] 4669 4670 ... 8167