Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4660 4661 [4662] 4663 4664 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9428865 times)

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #69915 on: February 06, 2014, 09:54:43 pm »

My cat got put down earlier.

He was 13. We'va had him for longer than I can remember.  tried not to be sad, and at first I wasn't. But just now, I went into the closet where he would usually wander into to sleep. I was going to let him up onto my bed, like always, but I looked, and remembered I wouldn't be able to do that anymore. For the first time forever, I am crying about losing a friend.

He stepped in my keyboard. He walked in front of my screen. He woke me up by sitting on my chest, and quite a few other things. I'll miss all of them. RIP.

:(

Feels, man. I remember a few years back, my family's cats all harbored this terrible flea infestation, and they tried everything to get rid of them. Fleabombs, the works. Eventually all that stuff just made them sick, so my parents decided to put them down.

They made this decision without asking me or my brother. They did this before I was awake that day, since it was summer vacation for me. One day they were there, the next, gone. In hindsight I could see why they had to do it, but... they never let me say goodbye or anything.

...now for what I came here to post, which seems petty by comparison... it would be nice to have temperatures rise above zero degrees (Fahrenheit)  again. It's been a couple days. Kinda makes my commute to work suck. Our apartment complex is dumb, and so we also went without hot water for two days. I feel all dirty. :S

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #69916 on: February 06, 2014, 11:10:46 pm »

Huh. I feel like crying for no adequately explained reason. This is pretty unpleasant. I'm not sure if it's worse than yesterday's panic, but at least that made sense given the excessive caffeine. I don't cry when things are legitimately shitty so I really don't know what's going on.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #69917 on: February 06, 2014, 11:41:46 pm »

I was playing Dungeon crawl as a ghoul necromancer the other day and raising up every corpse I could find to be my skeletal servants and eating the leftover flesh, and it was sort of satisfying, but I wish I could do more. I want a game where I can raise up entire hordes and armies of undead and lay waste to entire cities. I want to watch and laugh as the masses of writhing, rotting flesh wash over those pathetic mortals as they try desperately to fight back, and are ultimately consumed as fuel for my unstoppable unholy army. Unfortunately I don't know of a game that will let me do that, so I'll just stick to Crawl and Dungeon Keeper...

Dwarf Fortress. If not now, then next version.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #69918 on: February 07, 2014, 12:00:46 am »

I was playing Dungeon crawl as a ghoul necromancer the other day and raising up every corpse I could find to be my skeletal servants and eating the leftover flesh, and it was sort of satisfying, but I wish I could do more. I want a game where I can raise up entire hordes and armies of undead and lay waste to entire cities. I want to watch and laugh as the masses of writhing, rotting flesh wash over those pathetic mortals as they try desperately to fight back, and are ultimately consumed as fuel for my unstoppable unholy army. Unfortunately I don't know of a game that will let me do that, so I'll just stick to Crawl and Dungeon Keeper...

Dwarf Fortress. If not now, then next version.
Dungeon Keeper you say? Where may I play that? :3
And Crawl..yeah. Resourcefulness at its best. :P

Sads: While I seriously really muchly sincerely thank the people who supported me earlier...I still feel useless. :/
*shakes fist at past*
Grah, you. D:<

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #69919 on: February 07, 2014, 12:25:33 am »

Someone else had the same thought.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69920 on: February 07, 2014, 12:47:50 am »

It's my birthday tomorrow.

(Let's see if this post ends up in the right place.)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #69921 on: February 07, 2014, 12:50:33 am »

you don't want to :(

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #69922 on: February 07, 2014, 12:55:56 am »

you don't want to :(
Old Dungeon Keeper was beast. Still got DK2 installed.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #69923 on: February 07, 2014, 11:41:35 am »

He was 13. We'va had him for longer than I can remember.  tried not to be sad, and at first I wasn't. But just now, I went into the closet where he would usually wander into to sleep. I was going to let him up onto my bed, like always, but I looked, and remembered I wouldn't be able to do that anymore. For the first time forever, I am crying about losing a friend.

He stepped in my keyboard. He walked in front of my screen. He woke me up by sitting on my chest, and quite a few other things. I'll miss all of them. RIP.

I'm sorry, man :( I know how that feels. I was there when we had to put down one of our cats who we also for about that much time. The vet was a bit of a jerk too. It was horrible, but at least he went very calmly. Then you get home and keep thinking about all those annoying things he did, and suddenly they are so cute and make so much sense and you miss them oh so much...

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69924 on: February 07, 2014, 02:10:01 pm »

Spoiler: Psych Assignment (click to show/hide)
*sigh*
This stuff is such a pain.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #69925 on: February 07, 2014, 02:29:57 pm »

I'm sorry, man :( I know how that feels. I was there when we had to put down one of our cats who we also for about that much time. The vet was a bit of a jerk too. It was horrible, but at least he went very calmly. Then you get home and keep thinking about all those annoying things he did, and suddenly they are so cute and make so much sense and you miss them oh so much...

This is probably a good time.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69926 on: February 07, 2014, 02:40:13 pm »

:[
*Hugs*

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69927 on: February 07, 2014, 02:54:01 pm »

Too many sad cat stories  :'(
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #69928 on: February 07, 2014, 02:54:32 pm »

This is probably a good time.

You're all making me cry.  :(

No, seriously.  :(
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69929 on: February 07, 2014, 04:32:06 pm »

Spoiler: Psych Assignment (click to show/hide)
*sigh*
This stuff is such a pain.
Spoiler: Revised assignment (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 4660 4661 [4662] 4663 4664 ... 8167