Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4591 4592 [4593] 4594 4595 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9435322 times)

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #68880 on: January 08, 2014, 01:36:46 am »

Ugh. I have Finals the next three days.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #68881 on: January 08, 2014, 01:45:58 am »

I knew stress made animals loose fur.. but I thought it was a wivestale in humans. *shrug.

I originally cut my hair (which was down to mid-calf, by the way) because it had thinned so much from stress and malnutrition.  Nope.  Definitely not an old wivestale thing.  It's now growing back quite a bit thicker >_>
...Khal Vector has never been defeated in a math battle.
Stress affects the human body by A LOT more than it seems. Lower immune response..higher blood pressure..slower wound healing.

Oh, and increased hair loss, but more on hair growth.

Stay happy more? :D
Plus the mental health packages that come with stress suck ass.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #68882 on: January 08, 2014, 01:48:07 am »

Ech, I've gotten lax lately. Failure to maintain a decent diet has resulted in generally feeling like shit due to lack of nutrition, and having gained back about 2 weeks of weight loss in about 3 days. No more convenient food for Bauglir this month, only nutritious homecooked stuff, no matter how many things I may have to do that day :I
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68883 on: January 08, 2014, 01:57:04 am »

I knew stress made animals loose fur.. but I thought it was a wivestale in humans. *shrug.

I originally cut my hair (which was down to mid-calf, by the way) because it had thinned so much from stress and malnutrition.  Nope.  Definitely not an old wivestale thing.  It's now growing back quite a bit thicker >_>
...Khal Vector has never been defeated in a math battle.
Stress affects the human body by A LOT more than it seems. Lower immune response..higher blood pressure..slower wound healing.

Oh, and increased hair loss, but more on hair growth.

Stay happy more? :D

If only.......

Sadly, I am on "mandatory minimum 45hr weeks until further notice", and this prospect appears to be "indefinate".

It's hard to stay upbeat when you can't do the things you enjoy doing, because sleep takes priority.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68884 on: January 08, 2014, 10:26:34 am »

Ech, I've gotten lax lately. Failure to maintain a decent diet has resulted in generally feeling like shit due to lack of nutrition, and having gained back about 2 weeks of weight loss in about 3 days. No more convenient food for Bauglir this month, only nutritious homecooked stuff, no matter how many things I may have to do that day :I

This.  Except losing weight, instead of gaining.  Not that I was trying to gain weight... just that I lost more than I'm comfy with.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68885 on: January 08, 2014, 11:10:58 am »

I shed a ridiculous amount of hair, but that seems to be the norm for me lately.
Then again, my hair also seems to have stopped growing (which is awful), so maybe the two are correlated...
I guess it could quite possibly be due to my terrible diet. Which I'm not likely to change any time soon. :-\ At least my hair's still keeping its thickness, as far as I can tell. Maybe I should start washing it more often.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #68886 on: January 08, 2014, 11:26:34 am »

If it makes anyone feel better...I can't gain weight even if I tried.

...I tried a lot. My body goes 'Nup, you stay skinny and have noodle arms.'
Yet I'm still 1kg underweight. Wat. >_>

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68887 on: January 08, 2014, 12:32:08 pm »

For the longest time I couldn't gain any weight for more than a couple hours. At fifteen, I weighed 90lbs. I could see individual ribs. I eventually gained more weight, and am currently sitting at around 150lbs, but I still don't seem to gain any weight, no matter what I eat, or how much. Fucking weird.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Urist McOriginalname

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68888 on: January 08, 2014, 04:32:27 pm »

For the longest time I couldn't gain any weight for more than a couple hours. At fifteen, I weighed 90lbs. I could see individual ribs. I eventually gained more weight, and am currently sitting at around 150lbs, but I still don't seem to gain any weight, no matter what I eat, or how much. Fucking weird.
You must be me.
I recommend calling all of your friends and telling them you have to leave the country for few months. Then lock yourself in a room with a computer and nothing but a pile of meat, waiting to be consumed.
Just like i did ... though it didn't help.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #68889 on: January 08, 2014, 04:35:20 pm »

You must be me.
I recommend calling all of your friends and telling them you have to leave the country for few months. Then lock yourself in a room with a computer and nothing but a pile of meat, waiting to be consumed.
The silver lining is that you can do that kind of stuff with no consequences.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #68890 on: January 08, 2014, 05:34:47 pm »

You must be me.
The silver lining is that you can do that kind of stuff with no consequences.
If you spend several months eating just several months' worth of meat that you're keeping in your room I think you're going to have some sort of problems even if you don't gain any weight.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Urist McOriginalname

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68891 on: January 08, 2014, 05:39:08 pm »

As long as you have few cats in there with you, you're fine.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #68892 on: January 08, 2014, 05:44:15 pm »

You may be a Ghoul. Signs of Ghoulishness include:

• Avoiding sunlight
  • Excessive flesh consumption
  • Colorless pallor
  • Stench of death
  • Rasping, heaving breath
  • Excessive claw growth
  • Inexplicable bleeding
  • Hair loss

If you think you may be a Ghoul, talk to your doctor about Ghouldrex.

Side effects may include flammability, dissolution, explosive decompression, and dry mouth.

Just one pill a day and you'll have everyone saying,

"Didn't he used to be Undead?"
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #68893 on: January 08, 2014, 08:32:53 pm »

Encountered another 'WHITE PEOPLE ARE HAVING GENOCIDE PERFORMED ON THEM!' people.
Don't really get that argument. Cultural dissolution/dilution? Perhaps. Genocide? Not a chance in hell.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #68894 on: January 08, 2014, 09:05:39 pm »

Encountered another 'WHITE PEOPLE ARE HAVING GENOCIDE PERFORMED ON THEM!' people.
Don't really get that argument. Cultural dissolution/dilution? Perhaps. Genocide? Not a chance in hell.
BUT WHITE PEOPLE HAVE TO LIVE WITH OTHER PEOPLE! IT'S GENOCIDE!

HAVE YOU EVER SEEN WHITE CLOTHES GET DIRTY?! THIS IS LIKE, EXACTLY WHAT'S HAPPENING! WE'LL HAVE STAINS ON OUR SKIN FOREVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 4591 4592 [4593] 4594 4595 ... 8167